• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Anyone that's met me knows that I'm passive. I do get irritated.
I don't want you to think I'm badgering you, that's not my intention at all, but this is a bit contradictory. I'm genuinely curious. In hindsight do you see anything inappropriate about your posting in the VCC Discussion Thread?

Yes I did and do now. I was mad and angry at a a situation which I had no control.

It's nice to hear that. My selling the books to the other party was in no way meant as a personal slight against you. I was simply following through on what is expected (in good faith) of VCC sellers.

As far as turn around times I would like to encourage everyone to get a CGC account. There are many ways to do this. Then the only one to blame could be an artist not meeting a deadline or CGC who has a lovely customer service department dedicated to listening. ;)

I had quite a few "discussions" with Facilitators last year here on the boards about submitting under my own account. The vast majority now offer it and many prefer it.

I realize not everyone can have their own account but as Facilitators I would hope it is encouraged. Teach a man to fish. 2c

Why is God Of Thunder (who I have never had dealings with) given a pass?

It must be because he was the 2012 Forumite of the year.

lol

It's a combo Madden/S.I. Cover Jinx I tells ya!!! :preach:

lol

My guess has more to do with someone having a complete lack of character judgement.

And this is exactly what the original complainant was worried about.

Fonzie from NYC with his song and then nothing. :golfclap:

A boardie has made an allegation (as I understand it) :

a) Money was paid for services not rendered.

b) No importance was given to this member until the PL was bought into play

c) Refund given makes it alright - usually yes - but geez,theres alot of time gone on here.

d) And this is terrible - A BOARD MEMBER HAS STATED - WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, THAT OTHER BOADIES HAVE ALSO BEEN THE VICTIM OF VERY SLOPPY SERVICE AND ARE NOW TOO INTIMIDATED TO TALK OPENLY.

Firstly - man up - its a squiggle on a book.

Secondly, Logan and others seem to corroborate this.

I would love to know exactly what is going on, as would other noobs, before we send cash to this guy.

Fair question - no dog in this race - just would like a fair answer.

It's got a lot to do with the GoT offering sketch opps and people not wanting to speak up/out about any part of the service they're dissatisfied with thereby causing tension with GoT and having him turn them down on future sketch opps.

For the record, I have no problem with Adonis (GoT). At one point, probably a year or more ago, there was a thread about another facilitator that we had a bit of a disagreement in. We ended up talking on the phone after which time I thought everything was fine. Then came the tantrum in the last VCC discussion thread. That, quite honestly, came as a bit of a shock particularly since:

1) I was simply following the rules set forth by the VCC organizers.

2) It was over three comics I had listed for $5 each.

I found the whole thing ridiculous. I even went so far as to notify the mods about it for one simple reason. If this is the way a designated representative of CGC behaves do I really want to continue doing business with CGC? Especially since I never received so much as a "We'll look into it." response.

Are there SS facilitators out there that act in a manner which I'm sure goes against their agreement with CGC? I think that has been proven beyond a doubt. Does CGC give a rat's behind about it? Apparently not.

I don't bear any ill will towards GoT but I, for one, would never submit any books for his sketch opps or for SS based on the behavior he's exhibited.

2c

Had to refresh my memory

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=283580&Number=6321768#Post6321768

And this is exactly what the original complainant was worried about.

Fonzie from NYC with his song and then nothing. :golfclap:

A boardie has made an allegation (as I understand it) :

a) Money was paid for services not rendered.

b) No importance was given to this member until the PL was bought into play

c) Refund given makes it alright - usually yes - but geez,theres alot of time gone on here.

d) And this is terrible - A BOARD MEMBER HAS STATED - WITHOUT ANY DOUBT, THAT OTHER BOADIES HAVE ALSO BEEN THE VICTIM OF VERY SLOPPY SERVICE AND ARE NOW TOO INTIMIDATED TO TALK OPENLY.

Firstly - man up - its a squiggle on a book.

Secondly, Logan and others seem to corroborate this.

I would love to know exactly what is going on, as would other noobs, before we send cash to this guy.

Fair question - no dog in this race - just would like a fair answer.

It's got a lot to do with the GoT offering sketch opps and people not wanting to speak up/out about any part of the service they're dissatisfied with thereby causing tension with GoT and having him turn them down on future sketch opps.

For the record, I have no problem with Adonis (GoT). At one point, probably a year or more ago, there was a thread about another facilitator that we had a bit of a disagreement in. We ended up talking on the phone after which time I thought everything was fine. Then came the tantrum in the last VCC discussion thread. That, quite honestly, came as a bit of a shock particularly since:

1) I was simply following the rules set forth by the VCC organizers.

2) It was over three comics I had listed for $5 each.

I found the whole thing ridiculous. I even went so far as to notify the mods about it for one simple reason. If this is the way a designated representative of CGC behaves do I really want to continue doing business with CGC? Especially since I never received so much as a "We'll look into it." response.

Are there SS facilitators out there that act in a manner which I'm sure goes against their agreement with CGC? I think that has been proven beyond a doubt. Does CGC give a rat's behind about it? Apparently not.

I don't bear any ill will towards GoT but I, for one, would never submit any books for his sketch opps or for SS based on the behavior he's exhibited.

2c

Had to refresh my memory

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=283580&Number=6321768#Post6321768

And a wonderful post by GOT in that thread

Then you must be the only guy in the planet that has never sold something at a convention before the show opens..

We can sit here and go back and forth....or let it be

I don't follow the rules and when I don't get what I want I get mad

You, are by the book about as book as they come..

lol

My guess has more to do with someone having a complete lack of character judgement.

There's been more than one FOTY have a difficulty or two in the time subsequent to the coronation. That's why I mentioned the jinx. It's happened here from time to time.

This SS group is like watching an episode of Days of Our Lives, except with much more drama, whining, crying, belly aching, sandy cooters, man babies, neediness, virgins, complaining, chest pumping, axes to grind, uncomfortable cheese odor, accusations, bad posture, blubbering, back peddling, rabel rousing, finger pointing and lack of female presence.

Sorry, you were saying.

This SS group is like watching an episode of Days of Our Lives, except with much more drama, whining, crying, belly aching, sandy cooters, man babies, neediness, virgins, complaining, chest pumping, axes to grind, uncomfortable cheese odor, accusations, bad posture, blubbering, back peddling, rabel rousing, finger pointing and lack of female presence.

Sorry, you were saying.

This is so beautiful it hurts.

Sorry, you were saying.

This is so beautiful it hurts.

He doesn't need his head any bigger :cry: