• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Correct my timelines if I'm wrong but didn't Zombizzy offer a $20 partial refund early on, which was refused by A.Romeo, at which point A.Romeo demanded $40? I've dealt with buyers in the past who disagreed with my grading and demanded a certain amount of refund. When I've offered full refund for a return the buyers have gotten upset. Generally it seems that the buyer wants to keep the comic and get his money back, using the subjectivity of grading as a cover. It seems pretty clear that this is what A.Romeo is going for, considering he stated he doesn't want to send the comics back. Maybe they should both be on the PL? (shrug)

Sounded to me like Zombizzy would not allow a full refund, only offered $20 and Romeo asked for $40 as a compromise.

I've often thought that full refunds should be a MUST here. I don't understand why anyone would refuse to give one immediately if there is a problem.

If you are selling books to fix your car, you should wait till you make sure the person is happy with the books.

Okay. If a full refund was an option upfront, that was then refused by Zombizzy, then Zombizzy is clearly in the wrong.

From the timeline, 4/7 A. Romeo specifically asks for a full refund, Zombizzy responds on 4/19 offering a $20 partial refund "for his trouble"

From the "UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions" thread...

Aren't you jumping the gun a bit Speedy? So far, most people do recommend he come off of the PL but the poll doesn't end until tomorrow morning. Let the poll end first before removing him from the PL. That's the proper thing to do.

The poll is about putting zombizzy in the HoS, which is unrelated to taking him off the PL. To come off the PL, the people who nominated him for the list in the first place have to make the request, and at this point they've done so. So, off he comes, no?

You're right Speedy. My bad. doh!

From the "UPDATED PROBATION LIST ONLY - no discussions" thread...

Aren't you jumping the gun a bit Speedy? So far, most people do recommend he come off of the PL but the poll doesn't end until tomorrow morning. Let the poll end first before removing him from the PL. That's the proper thing to do.

The poll is about putting zombizzy in the HoS, which is unrelated to taking him off the PL. To come off the PL, the people who nominated him for the list in the first place have to make the request, and at this point they've done so. So, off he comes, no?

Why don't you leave him on for a few days (3) until A.Romeo has time to calm down a little. He's obviously upset for a reason. I don't want to burn him for being frustrated. Hopefully he will mail the books back, and we can see if Zombizzy follows through.

I and several others suggested this a few times, but it really looks like A.Romeo isn't into it. The offer's been on the table for over a week now, by A.Romeo's own telling. He wants to keep punishing zombizzy via the PL, and that's not what it's for.

And I'm with you, I think he should still get his refund. It's business, and a hundred bucks is a hundred bucks.

Correct my timelines if I'm wrong but didn't Zombizzy offer a $20 partial refund early on, which was refused by A.Romeo, at which point A.Romeo demanded $40? I've dealt with buyers in the past who disagreed with my grading and demanded a certain amount of refund. When I've offered full refund for a return the buyers have gotten upset. Generally it seems that the buyer wants to keep the comic and get his money back, using the subjectivity of grading as a cover. It seems pretty clear that this is what A.Romeo is going for, considering he stated he doesn't want to send the comics back. Maybe they should both be on the PL? (shrug)

Zombizzy commented that the pictures didn't line up and that the comics arrived were not in the same condition he sold them in, meaning the books were damaged durring shipping.

This is not a "Zombizzy can't grade" issue, its a "Zombizzy can't properly ship items"

Also, isn't A Romeo the only person allowed to remove the guy from the PL?

Zombizzy commented that the pictures didn't line up and that the comics arrived were not in the same condition he sold them in, meaning the books were damaged durring shipping.

This is not a "Zombizzy can't grade" issue, its a "Zombizzy can't properly ship items"

He said it six times!!!

He said it six times!!!

I'm still really upset and irrational when it comes to when I put someone on the PL.

That is why I don't think you should be too harsh.

He said it six times!!!

I'm still really upset and irrational when it comes to when I put someone on the PL.

Huh? Who did you put on the PL? To whom am I being harsh?

He said it six times!!!

lol I mean't harsh in the sense of taking a sarcastic comment seriously.

I put a writer of a comic book on the PL for not sending me books he said he specifically put aside for me. I lost money even though I didn't pay him for the books and since it was a WUTANG comic book I don't know how to feel about ODB or ghostface or even the RZA right now.

So yeah, I'm really irrational about it and probably biased. Thats why I think we should let A.R. rant.

He said it six times!!!

lol I mean't harsh in the sense of taking a sarcastic comment seriously.

I put a writer of a comic book on the PL for not sending me books he said he specifically put aside for me. I lost money even though I didn't pay him for the books and since it was a WUTANG comic book I don't know how to feel about ODB or ghostface or even the RZA right now.

So yeah, I'm really irrational about it and probably biased. Thats why I think we should let A.R. rant.

Dirt Dog is lookin' down on you with blessings. It'll be alright. :foryou:

I've read through this, and I'm glad to have this information! However, there is still one sticking point. WHY did Zombizzy offer another buyer a FULL refund AND keep the books? Were the circumstances somehow different? Apologies for belaboring a point, but it does seem a fair question.

Dan

I've read through this, and I'm glad to have this information! However, there is still one sticking point. WHY did Zombizzy offer another buyer a FULL refund AND keep the books? Were the circumstances somehow different? Apologies for belaboring a point, but it does seem a fair question.

Dan

Only the Shadow knows....

Dan

Apparently the White Shadow knows about it also. And FTR, he called and wasn't very happy that he's always left out when the Shadow is mentioned.

He sent this picture and caption to express his displeasure:

whiteshadow.r.jpg

What am I chopped liver? F-the Shadow!

Dan

Okey Dokey! Just thought I'd ask!

Dan

Dan

The PM's show them discussing compensation figures in the "$20 vs. $40" range on a $95 dollar order......do you feel compensation should be increased because of how another transaction was "fixed"?

I was wondering why the two refunds were handled differently. Neither right nor wrong. Just why are they different?

Dan

Me too

It doesnt matter.

Beyond a full refund, the seller can do whatever he/she decides to do to further mend fences.

For a buy who was agreeable, and the seller wants to keep as a future buyer he might make the overture above and beyond and let the person keep the book.

but it doesnt matter, all thats owed is, at most, a full refund.

I was wondering why the two refunds were handled differently. Neither right nor wrong. Just why are they different?

Dan

Me too

It doesnt matter.

Beyond a full refund, the seller can do whatever he/she decides to do to further mend fences.

For a buy who was agreeable, and the seller wants to keep as a future buyer he might make the overture above and beyond and let the person keep the book.

but it doesnt matter, all thats owed is, at most, a full refund.

Agreed. If the seller provides a full refund after the book is returned they've done what's required to get off the list. Repairing their reputation is a lot, lot, lot tougher.

Poll will be open until 12:10am July 8th EDT

Just started reading this cluster/ WTF? A 2 Day Poll for HOS? Where the hell did THAT come from?

Yeah, I know the PL matter has been handled now but a TWO FREAKING DAY POLL FOR THE HOS? I don't think so...I don't think so.

It is also apparent there are at least 16 people here who do not get what the HOS is about. Its kind of scary.

And I also just realized two days across a four day holiday weekend here in the USA???