• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I would like to nominate BathedinFlames for the probation list because of the following:

• July 14th - he claimed a pay it forward 6th post on page 358
  • July 16th - I claimed a pay it forward from him 7th post on page 365
  • On that same page he quoted 3 business day delivery - I assumed it would take longer because he is in Canada and I'm in the US
  • Aug. 2nd - I sent him a PM asking for a tracking number - He has yet to read the PM
  • Aug 8th - I sent an email to the address listed in his profile asking for a tracking number - no reply
  • Aug 16th - I sent a 2nd email stating I would submit him for the probation list if I did not hear from him - no reply

There is no way that PIF wildly_fanciful_statement belongs in the Probation Thread. If the PIF donkeys can't keep their junk trading escapades straight, they should start their own PIF Probation.

That was kinda 'backlashy', i'm sure there are also other ways to describe it.

I stand by it completely. Junk swapping misfortunes can stay in the PIF playpen.

lol, junk swapping. Just off the top of my head, people have given away an entire 10 volume set of Sandman, a Wolverine Omnibus, Multiple 9.8 graded books, among other really quality items.

I don't know why you even need to have an opinion, and a ton of hostility, towards something that you don't participate in and as such have absolutely nothing to do with you. It's though as if you are being confrontational for the sake of confrontation.

I don't have any hostility. I just think it is stupid. I've been pretty clear about it from the get go. I get to have an opinion because this is a message board, and it is not governed by junk swapping group-think donkeys.

Mucking with the PL has to do with everyone. Stick around, you may get it someday.

So it has to do with everyone except "junk swapping group-think donkeys"?

I don't have any hostility. I just think it is stupid. I've been pretty clear about it from the get go. I get to have an opinion because this is a message board, and it is not governed by junk swapping group-think donkeys.

Mucking with the PL has to do with everyone. Stick around, you may get it someday.

:roflmao: ok I'm done feeding the troll for today, it's time for dinner.

Yes. We usualy refer to ourselves as "overly-sensitive fanboy basement-dwelling krap-flingers."

I would like to nominate BathedinFlames for the probation list because of the following:

• On that same page he quoted 3 business day delivery - I assumed it would take longer because he is in Canada and I'm in the US
  • Aug. 2nd - I sent him a PM asking for a tracking number - He has yet to read the PM
  • Aug 8th - I sent an email to the address listed in his profile asking for a tracking number - no reply
  • Aug 16th - I sent a 2nd email stating I would submit him for the probation list if I did not hear from him - no reply

There is no way that PIF wildly_fanciful_statement belongs in the Probation Thread. If the PIF donkeys can't keep their junk trading escapades straight, they should start their own PIF Probation.

I stand by it completely. Junk swapping misfortunes can stay in the PIF playpen.

lol, junk swapping. Just off the top of my head, people have given away an entire 10 volume set of Sandman, a Wolverine Omnibus, Multiple 9.8 graded books, among other really quality items.

I don't know why you even need to have an opinion, and a ton of hostility, towards something that you don't participate in and as such have absolutely nothing to do with you. It's though as if you are being confrontational for the sake of confrontation.

The pronoun "it" refers back to the compound noun "message board." So yes, fortunately, the message board is not governed by junk swapping group-think donkeys.

"junk swapping group-think donkeys."

lol

Wouldn't it be simpler to add them the regular PL, instead of creating a new one, and adding a comment that it was a PIF violation? It is done that way for off the board deals involving board members.

hm

I like this,it's simple and makes the process more organized.

I think there was someone from a Christmas rafflle who refused to mail to England, EVEN when the winner offered to pay postage. I think the winner was AnfieldFox, don't remember the person who would not mail the item.

How has the complainer been damaged? They can skip the "offender" and go right to the next selection.

hm Good point...although, based on the thread, looks like manicnerd paid for shipping. Seems like it's more about the point of the matter...there's a board member who didn't hold up his end of a deal, so wouldn't we want that person officially on the list - that would be in all of our interests, right?

PIF has been a trainwreck on several occasions. All I am suggesting is that they handle their own business there, and not gum up the real PL.

It's probably a good idea for PIF to have it's own internal blacklist.

If somebody claims something in there and never does their end they should be banned from ever again using PIF until they square up.

Imagine how big the PL would become if every PIF sender that shipped late or the item was damaged in shipping had to be put on PL.

How would they refund a freebie to get off PL?

How has the complainer been damaged? They can skip the "offender" and go right to the next selection.

hm Good point...although, based on the thread, looks like manicnerd paid for shipping. Seems like it's more about the point of the matter...there's a board member who didn't hold up his end of a deal, so wouldn't we want that person officially on the list - that would be in all of our interests, right?

PIF has been a trainwreck on several occasions. All I am suggesting is that they handle their own business there, and not gum up the real PL.

If somebody claims something in there and never does their end they should be banned from ever again using PIF until they square up.

Imagine how big the PL would become if every PIF sender that shipped late or the item was damaged in shipping had to be put on PL.

I haven't seen anyone suggest putting people on the PL for bad shipping or shipping late, or for any other reason other than someone never shipped out what they said they would send.

Why do people keep going back to that? No one has even suggested it that I've seen. What we are suggesting is explicitly, if you don't deliver the item you said you would ship you are to be added to the PL. Nothing more.

I'm sure all the Sanfords over in the junk swapping thread will keep that one guy from ever swapping junk again, so that doesn't appear to be the issue.

The junk swapping all takes place in a single thread, so it's easy to monitor.

The question is, should said deadbeat junk swapper be placed on the probation list to warn potential buyers and sellers, outside of the junk swapping thread, that they could be dealing with a deadbeat?

PS. The poll sucks. It should be yes or no. I'm not sure why there's a need to get cute with the options.

PPS. The poll still sucks.

Wouldn't it be simpler to add them the regular PL, instead of creating a new one, and adding a comment that it was a PIF violation? It is done that way for off the board deals involving board members.

hm

I like this,it's simple and makes the process more organized.

I think there was someone from a Christmas rafflle who refused to mail to England, EVEN when the winner offered to pay postage. I think the winner was AnfieldFox, don't remember the person who would not mail the item.

For simplicity, one PL for any obvious board malcontents seems right to me?

(shrug)

Seems like a simple solution to me.

I haven't seen anyone suggest putting people on the PL for bad shipping or shipping late, or for any other reason other than someone never shipped out what they said they would send.

Why do people keep going back to that? No one has even suggested it that I've seen. What we are suggesting is explicitly, if you don't deliver the item you said you would ship you are to be added to the PL. Nothing more.

No one has suggested it this time. That thread seems popular, and I am sure there is more junk to be swapped.

We should have a real poll - Regular PL list, Regular PL list with a notation that it was PIF, and PIF having its own bad agent list.

We should have a real poll - Regular PL list, Regular PL list with a notation that it was PIF, and PIF having its own bad agent list.

We should have a poll about the poll options. That is certainly relevant.

What other options are there?

No one has suggested it this time. That thread seems popular, and I am sure there is more junk to be swapped.

1359999754208.jpg

We should have a poll about the poll options. That is certainly relevant.

What other options are there?

The argument seems to be yes or no. Why muddle it with more nonsense? I'm still not certain why this is an argument to begin with if every PL addition isn't debated on whether their exchange involved "junk" or not.

Value judgments are a bad path to go down when it involves trying to protect board members from potential, future deals gone bad.

Edited by Mr Wiggles