• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Hey! :sumo:

He'd be doing you a favor, wouldn't he? lol

That's a massive burden you've taken on yourself.

What you've been trying to accomplish has to have been about as easy as a leper selling skin care products.

Am I the leper?

Third time today I got that question.....no the Leper is AC's reputation, the skin care products would be attempts to rehab his image and/or get him to fulfill all the obligations.

I understood. :)

What you've been trying to accomplish has to have been about as easy as a leper selling skin care products.

Am I the leper?

Here I will change it around.....

It's like selling shaving cream to the Duck Dynasty guys.

It's like opening a bakery in a Celiac Disease ward.

It's like selling text books to Kardashians.

Am I the leper?

But is it like rain on your wedding day?

Dan

Am I the leper?

But is it like rain on your wedding day?

Dan

lol

Am I the leper?

Its like selling fantastic shampoo to the Kardashians, then not being able to get your hands on the dang shampoo for two years! Kinda...except I didn't sell the shampoo in the first place...

Or is it like a free ride, when you've already paid? hm

I think this community is great and I don't think we are a bunch of elitist jerk-holes.

Scenario

I have a book for sale........but now you want it, I just changed all my terms, doubled the price, then asked for PP+3%

Here is your guide

Do's

1. Back up, go and honor what you said.

2. Apologize to all concerned and tell them you didn't know what you were thinking.

3. Take the kicking that will ensue.

4. Never, ever, ever do it again.

5. Give your head a shake and bask in the forgiveness that will eventually be yours.

Dont's

1. Challenge well established boardies to crucify you. They will

2. Slag off said boardies about Mom, Dad, Jobs or anything else. You are now heading to meme city

3. Carry on mouthing off trying to tell everyone how great you are really - No one is listening we are now just trying to have a laugh and lock the thread.

To late Solarcadet, you could try, but I think you may be too far gone.

+1

and lol

Is this a case where I am just scroogled? I bought from a boardie. Item sent with delivery confirmation showing as delivered on 12/17. But I didnt get the item. I was home all day, so I know item was never dropped off at all. I am sure it was not stolen off porch, it just was never delivered.

I am not sure how to proceed, will head to the po tomorrow but I cant imagine it will go well. Look forward to fitzing around on the busiest po day of the year asking for a supervisor who will mock my efforts to find a needle in a haystack. I have done a few hundred buys on this board, and at least 1000 buys on ebay and I have never had an item scanned as delivered but it wasnt until now. I assume no matter what seller is clear because online shows as delivered?

Is this a case where I am just scroogled? I bought from a boardie. Item sent with delivery confirmation showing as delivered on 12/17. But I didnt get the item. I was home all day, so I know item was never dropped off at all. I am sure it was not stolen off porch, it just was never delivered.

I am not sure how to proceed, will head to the po tomorrow but I cant imagine it will go well. Look forward to fitzing around on the busiest po day of the year asking for a supervisor who will mock my efforts to find a needle in a haystack. I have done a few hundred buys on this board, and at least 1000 buys on ebay and I have never had an item scanned as delivered but it wasnt until now. I assume no matter what seller is clear because online shows as delivered?

I've had the same thing happen with the PO a couple times in the past. Both times my stuff was not actually delivered...it arrived a few days later. No idea what's up with that, aside from sloppy record keeping by carriers. Here's hoping the same is true for you. :wishluck:

With USPS I've had it both ways, scans said delivered but it didn't show up for a few days (turns out it was being held at the PO but they tagged delivered) and I've had it delivered but the tracker still said in transit lol. I hope it turns up soon! Good luck with the Post Office.

I've had the same thing happen with the PO a couple times in the past. Both times my stuff was not actually delivered...it arrived a few days later. No idea what's up with that, aside from sloppy record keeping by carriers. Here's hoping the same is true for you. :wishluck:

+1

Unless it's an extremely big-ticket item, I'd wait another day and see if it rolls in before braving the PO. Good luck. :wishluck:

Nope, small dollar, $40 something. Just things like this cause me a mental short circuit, like someone taking my lunch from the fridge at work. Who freaking took my sammich, as I go desk to desk looking to rip someones head off. Did you touch my chicken salad you sick weasel?

+1

Unless it's an extremely big-ticket item, I'd wait another day and see if it rolls in before braving the PO. Good luck. :wishluck:

Totes. I stopped by the 38th street PO to pick up some free boxes yesterday, and the line was crazypants. I wouldn't brave that unless the situation were double-dog-dire.

+1

+1 has happened to me (both ways as a sender and a receiver)

One package that showed as "delivered" actually went missing for over a month. This was an ebay purchase. We decided to split the loss (he reimbursed me 1/2 of the money. Since it showed as "delivered" I understood his position that it LOOKED like the book arrived from all outward appearances. If it had never been marked as delivered I probably would have asked for a full refund since my non-receipt was verifiable.

One think to know. If you want the PO to open a case to investigate and go looking for the package, the SENDER needs to open the case typically. They'll get a case number and a phone number to use to check status. Make sure the sender shares the info with you. You can share the case number info with your PO who may also be looking for it on their end.

+1

Totes. I stopped by the 38th street PO to pick up some free boxes yesterday, and the line was crazypants. I wouldn't brave that unless the situation were double-dog-dire.

5l6s5.jpg