• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Ungraded copies, the potential exists for mulitiple copies, but since I bought 3 copies of one book and I also see one of the others listed its doubtful.

This should all clear up today hopefully. I would have not brought this up yet, but when I noticed books I bought a week ago were getting listed here when I havent recieved a reply after a payment a week ago...... Well you get the idea.

Just a reminder folks that voting is still ongoing for the inclusion of Robert Beerbohm to the Hall of Shame:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7284873#Post7284873

I have heard that he has stated that he has no intention of sending Matthew his pulps or refunding his money. Just FYI.

Is menace out of the HOS yet

No, he's currently on the list.

A poll that ends Thu Jan 09 2014 07:29 AM can be found here!!!

lolfollowing the template above

Also, if you wish to do business with menace while he is on the PL/HOS that is your choice, the community is somewhat divided on whether people should or should not "do business" with PL/HOS listers when others are owed money or goods. Whether YOU do business with that person is your choice - the PL/HOS serves as a warning & should you run into an issue when doing business "a nomination of a nominated person will not help you resolve it".

If you have followed this thread, the original PL nomination issue was resolved with parties reimbursed so to the best of my knowledge there are no parties currently owed money & anyone owed items has not brought it to this thread.

Just a reminder folks that voting is still ongoing for the inclusion of Robert Beerbohm to the Hall of Shame:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7284873#Post7284873

I have heard that he has stated that he has no intention of sending Matthew his pulps or refunding his money. Just FYI.

Where did you hear this? Did he post it on FB?

That's one sad old dude right there. How could he expect to get away with this?

Maybe these shenanigans worked before the internet.

The sad thing is he DID get away with it. He has Matts money and he has the pulps. And since the 45 day deadline has passed, not much can be done short of a law suit. if it was NY based id do it pro bono but I'm not licensed in Nebraska. The only thing I think can be done is to contact someone at Bleeding cool and turn over the information to do a story on him. The problem there is, my guess (pure conjecture) the money is long gone. So by running a story exposing his badness will only serve to turn people off from buying from him which eliminates any chance of the Widow Bails or Matt ever seeing the money they are owed. So IDK

The sad thing is he DID get away with it. He has Matts money and he has the pulps. And since the 45 day deadline has passed, not much can be done short of a law suit. if it was NY based id do it pro bono but I'm not licensed in Nebraska. The only thing I think can be done is to contact someone at Bleeding cool and turn over the information to do a story on him. The problem there is, my guess (pure conjecture) the money is long gone. So by running a story exposing his badness will only serve to turn people off from buying from him which eliminates any chance of the Widow Bails or Matt ever seeing the money they are owed. So IDK

You're right of course, this is learned behavior for Beerbohm as past horror stories about him attest. The typical end result is victims usually just giving up in frustration.

I think it's mostly understood now that there was/is no chance of Matthew or the Widow Bails ever being made right.

So Bleeding Cool is definitely the way to go, being an internet resource that BLB can't edit and manipulate (unlike his Wiki page) in order to dupe others.

You're right of course, this is learned behavior for Beerbohm as past horror stories about him attest. The typical end result is victims usually just giving up in frustration.

I think it's mostly understood now that there was/is no chance of Matthew or the Widow Bails ever being made right.

So Bleeding Cool is definitely the way to go, being an internet resource that BLB can't edit and manipulate (unlike his Wiki page) in order to dupe others.

Maybe Bleeding Cool could do an article, and there could be some kind of fundraiser for Mrs. Bails. Win-win.

Beerbong is on his facebook page right now quoting Upton Sinclair and proclaiming himself a champion of all that is "right".

https://www.facebook.com/robert.beerbohm?fref=ts

The next time he and reality are in the same room someone should introduce them to each other.

Beerbong is on his facebook page right now quoting Upton Sinclair and proclaiming himself a champion of all that is "right".

https://www.facebook.com/robert.beerbohm?fref=ts

The next time he and reality are in the same room someone should introduce them to each other.

Maybe at a CGC dinner :idea: