• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

As far as the PL rule that transactions have to be between Boardies, did that second invoice overlap at all with his signing up here? I have lost track of the timeline.

If an eBay transaction is completed, isn't the listing automatically closed? It's not up to the seller to close it. I don't get that part.

The eBay transaction was never completed. That's my point. I found a better offer before I made the purchase, and I acted on it.

Does that mean you accepted the counter offer, but didn't finish the Paypal checkout?

No. There was no formal acceptance via eBay. I never accepted the PayPal invoice because the book was still listed for sale on eBay many hours after I asked for an invoice, I assumed the deal wasn't officially done.

You keep saying that your "out" is the fact that I never ended the eBay auction. However, you never asked me to end the listing. I told you I would accept your offer of $800, and you received the Paypal invoice for said transaction. If you had asked me to end the eBay auction, I would have pointed out the following:

Just because there is only one listed on eBay, that does *NOT* mean it is the only copy that I own. :gossip:

RRP_all_zps63e1fc8f.jpg

Have any other lame excuses handy...?

If this is how you do business you can keep your business.

If the purpose of the PL is to complete deals, we shouldn't be saying stuff like the above. I understand the urge to lay a verbal beat down on someone who appears willfully dense when discussing how this board operates.

If anyone is going to tell him to "shove off" it should be the guy who is going to lose the $800 sale...that "possibly" could have been rescued.

2c

If the purpose of the PL is to complete deals, we shouldn't be saying stuff like the above. I understand the urge to lay a verbal beat down on someone who appears willfully dense when discussing how this board operates.

If anyone is going to tell him to "shove off" it should be the guy who is going to lose the $800 sale...that "possibly" could have been rescued.

2c

You should have read the other thread, where he was saying he wanted to come here and read about comics and buy and sell stuff, not just with Court.

That's what it was in reference to.

And he's already said, repeatedly that he doesn't want to buy from Court, doesn't want to do business with him. So I don't think I pee'd in the Cheerios of commerce this time.

If an eBay transaction is completed, isn't the listing automatically closed? It's not up to the seller to close it. I don't get that part.

The eBay transaction was never completed. That's my point. I found a better offer before I made the purchase, and I acted on it.

Does that mean you accepted the counter offer, but didn't finish the Paypal checkout?

No. There was no formal acceptance via eBay. I never accepted the PayPal invoice because the book was still listed for sale on eBay many hours after I asked for an invoice, I assumed the deal wasn't officially done.

You keep saying that your "out" is the fact that I never ended the eBay auction. However, you never asked me to end the listing. I told you I would accept your offer of $800, and you received the Paypal invoice for said transaction. If you had asked me to end the eBay auction, I would have pointed out the following:

Just because there is only one listed on eBay, that does *NOT* mean it is the only copy that I own. :gossip:

RRP_all_zps63e1fc8f.jpg

Have any other lame excuses handy...?

:o Holy Jeebus

Okay, I added athaxto to the PL. That's gotta be a record for quickest journey to the PL. I don't see how it can be beat.

A violation with his very first post...followed immediately by 20 posts of bovine fecal scented air freshener.

sounds like he accepted your offer when he sent you the invoice, not once but twice

But he never ended the sale on eBay. If it's still available for sale to the public for 12+ hours after he sends an invoice, it can't exactly be sold to me now can it?

Bro, I'm about to sic HusTruck on you! lol

sounds like he accepted your offer when he sent you the invoice, not once but twice

But he never ended the sale on eBay. If it's still available for sale to the public for 12+ hours after he sends an invoice, it can't exactly be sold to me now can it?

Bro, I'm about to sic HusTruck on you! lol

Bro, don't do it! :ohnoez:

:roflmao:

Just got to this part, gonna keep reading. Sorry guys I read slow.

Maybe thats why I read comic books, or is it because I read them hm

2c

You should have read the other thread, where he was saying he wanted to come here and read about comics and buy and sell stuff, not just with Court.

And he's already said, repeatedly that he doesn't want to buy from Court, doesn't want to do business with him. So I don't think I pee'd in the Cheerios of commerce this time.

I think I saw all his posts....but people commenting here should be aiding in the resolution of the transaction by clarifying what went wrong & how things can be resolved. A new nomination that ends up as a new PL member is a failure of the PL discussion thread...but it seems like most posting here think the opposite.

This guy didn't seem to "get it" but he didn't strike me as being stupid & outed his actions early on because he didn't understand how it works here.

Quite honestly I'm not sure if this deal was intended to be done on e-bay or off e-bay - if it was on e-bay shouldn't the "make offer" functionality dictate when a deal is done? If it's off e-bay when the "make offer" function wasn't used then I don't know what our role is in that...is that the same as Paypal personal where an intentional breech of terms shouldn't be encouraged by us?

It's done when you hit the BIN or win the bid,then you requested the invoice to be sent to you.Am I missing something?

I didn't win a bid. We discussed numbers, I asked for an invoice, but never accepted it. The book was never sold to me.

How does one not accept an invoice?

It's your call m'man. But take my word for it...There is not a single better place to buy comics, and certainly no better place to network for that hard-to-find issue. Not ebay, conventions, Heritage, LCSes ... nowhere.

This. I started buying heavily on here in the last calendar year, and my only regret is that it took me that long to wade into the pool. I used to do most of my purchasing at shows and online dealer sites (with the occasional shop thrown in), but now, 95% of my buying has been right here, and I've been fortunate to get great deals on great books from a bunch of great people. :cloud9: I'd rather get kicked in the family jewels for an hour straight than do anything that would mess up my reputation here. But that's just me. (shrug)

My god man!! For an hour? :eek:

I kinda doubt that you do. If you did you would know that your signature is only necessary to satisfy the statute of frauds and that your ascension to the deal is more than enough to bind you to a deal. So if I agree to sell you 100 widgets on January 15th for 1000 dollars and you say "Send me the invoice" that is taken as your agreement to the deal. You are bound to it. You broke your deal.

Anyone can send unsigned contracts out to whomever all day long, but if they're not accepted/signed/etc...they mean nothing.Verbals mean nothing when no transaction takes place.

Again, the eBay sale never ended, the book was never sold to me, I never agreed to the PayPal invoice. Payment due when services rendered. It's clear as day.

lol

I don't think this means what you think it means.

Saying one of them wasn't a Boardie yesterday but is today? Seems silly to me.

I am really surprised to hear that from you, Speeds. The whole purpose of the PL was to protect the community from Transactions Gone Bad between boardies. It is like someone getting arrested with drugs, having a court date set, then joining a religion that allows those drugs and claiming freedom of religion.

Silly or not, it is what it is. And as I have said here many times now, if someone wants to head up a project to help change the PL/HOS rules please let them step up and organize it properly.

Make initial suggestions. Solicit suggestions. Monitor them. Then eliminate the chat etc. and post the first round of suggestions. Wait for responses and more suggestions. Eliminate the chat and post the next round of changes and any new suggestions. Do this several times.

Then re-word the rules and post the new rules for the group reactions. Discuss the suggestions that will come out of that and re-write. Post again. Do that a few times then come up with a final list and a poll. (The poll may have to be done more than once as minor changes get incorporated and new suggestions make their way in.)

(thumbs u

It's your call m'man. But take my word for it...There is not a single better place to buy comics, and certainly no better place to network for that hard-to-find issue. Not ebay, conventions, Heritage, LCSes ... nowhere.

This. I started buying heavily on here in the last calendar year, and my only regret is that it took me that long to wade into the pool. I used to do most of my purchasing at shows and online dealer sites (with the occasional shop thrown in), but now, 95% of my buying has been right here, and I've been fortunate to get great deals on great books from a bunch of great people. :cloud9: I'd rather get kicked in the family jewels for an hour straight than do anything that would mess up my reputation here. But that's just me. (shrug)

My god man!! For an hour? :eek:

lol

What can I say? I really value this place. ;)

2c

I think I saw all his posts....but people commenting here should be aiding in the resolution of the transaction by clarifying what went wrong & how things can be resolved. A new nomination that ends up as a new PL member is a failure of the PL discussion thread...but it seems like most posting here think the opposite.

This guy didn't seem to "get it" but he didn't strike me as being stupid & outed his actions early on because he didn't understand how it works here.

Quite honestly I'm not sure if this deal was intended to be done on e-bay or off e-bay - if it was on e-bay shouldn't the "make offer" functionality dictate when a deal is done? If it's off e-bay when the "make offer" function wasn't used then I don't know what our role is in that...is that the same as Paypal personal where an intentional breech of terms shouldn't be encouraged by us?

I'm not defending anyone, just offering clarification based on my understanding of reading his posts.

1) He saw the book listed on eBay.

2) He sent a message through eBay to the seller asking if the seller would accept $XXX for the book.

3) The seller responded that he would accept that amount.

4) He asked the seller to send him a Paypal invoice in that amount.

5) Before paying the Paypal invoice, he saw the book listed here for a better price.

6) He contacted the original seller on eBay and told him he was no longer interested in purchasing the book.

The transaction was to take place outside of eBay, but all communication was done through eBay. His defense seems to be that since the seller had not removed the auction from sale, that the seller was still open to accepting better offers until he paid the Paypal invoice (not knowing that the seller left the eBay listing up because he has multiple copies for sale).

Again. I have no opinion on the matter. I'm just trying to act as an interpreter.

Edited by erazer