• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I thought Cal was the only one authorized to tell people that their contribution(s) to the boards carried little weight.

I would take 100 Cal's over 1 of the other guy 2c

Adonis has resolved his past issues when called out. And he will most probably resolve this new situation as well. I'm not seeing anything calling out HOS recommendation. More, a lack of learning when it comes to customer service and customer care.

I agree also that this is not HoS, but a chronic inability to provide basic customer service and complete transactions without drama suggests either some bad faith in the business practices, or an outright learning disability.

Poor customer service, despite all the cynical talk about the bottom line, does bring diminishing returns, and in this case probably another name change. 2c

As per the rules, he should be on the PL until everyone involved here is satisfied.

I say pl him

He can go through and pm the people he has issues with at his convenience, they shouldn't have to seek him out. And the longer it takes til they get their stuff or money, the longer he's on the pl.

So much of the ticklefest was going on, people forgot to take care of this.

Done!

Sorry I haven't been on much. Adonis has refunded my payment in full

I'd say that Adonis will make everyone whole in terms of refunds or product... but not be able to ease the disappointment of some.

Hopefully he will be able to stay on top of the game from here on out.

You guys are being too hard on Adonis
I think the situation is HoS worthy. I wonder how many more will chime in with "problems"?

I was surprised you wrote this. hm

Adonis, I would be extra careful with these situations when it comes to turnaround times. Otherwise, this starts to look like a pattern.

2013 - Adonis late sending books back to submitters

There is a repeat pattern and I don't think that is going to change.

I think you are correct. We're not talking about an isolated incident here

I tried to find the original complaint here so any summary would be appreciated.

Sounds like it is another case of slow shipping. He has slow shipped or simply not shipped until he is nominated for the PL for over 5 years. He should be on the PL until he makes the customers whole but it's not HOS worthy. The retribution for his actions can be seen in his sales and submissions.

At NYCC it was easy to see who treats their customers properly.

It's really very simple. If you want to make a deal with Adonis then expect slow shipping and you may have to use a PL nomination to motivate him to complete the sale.

If those terms are acceptable then carry on. :)

Carry on my wayward son......Supernatural rocks!

It's really very simple. If you want to make a deal with Adonis then expect slow shipping and you may have to use a PL nomination to motivate him to complete the sale.

If those terms are acceptable then carry on. :)

Exactly. His reputation precedes him, and it's not going to change. Although some here would say that repeat offenses such as this are HOS worthy.

And buyers need to take some responsibility here. You can't protect people from their own stupidity, greed, or laziness to investigate.

Carry on my wayward son......Supernatural rocks!

:whee:

And buyers need to take some responsibility here. You can't protect people from their own stupidity, greed, or laziness to investigate.

Although I may say it differently, I have to agree. The list is here as a reference, along with any of the history. Don't reference it at your own transaction peril.

Although I may say it differently, I have to agree. The list is here as a reference, along with any of the history. Don't reference it at your own transaction peril.

This is why I sorta liked Park's suggestion about the voluntary incorporation of a link at the beginning of Adonis' sales threads linking back to either the PL or HOS.

Buyer's would be effectively warned (no excuse), and Adonis would possibly be able to earn back trust if he decided to change his ways.

The only problem is that if the seller/buyer is not on a current list there is really no easy way to pull up all of their past problems without remembering them by name. I have had a lot of transactions on the boards and I guess I got too comfortable with trusting people here. I think I will start google searching the name of seller with the keywords probation list ;)

In any case, Adonis has guaranteed that the books will go out tonight. If he follows through as expected, I will certainly update this thread.

In any case, Adonis has guaranteed that the books will go out tonight. If he follows through as expected, I will certainly update this thread.

Not to interrupt your discussion and not to be rude but I do not see how Adonis can do this as the Post Office is closed today for the holiday. 2c

To be fair, some post offices have drop off spots even though the office is closed

To be fair, some post offices have drop off spots even though the office is closed

To be fair, it never should have gotten anywhere close to the point where we're debating what he should do because the PO is closed.