• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Harvey,

Like I said before.. He's not reaching out, making requests, or even sending pms.

Well you did make a publicly posted vague offer to "save face"...are you saying it is up to him now respond publicly?

Or have you approached him via PM and gotten ignored?

If the only effort you made to correct this was the response below well then that says it all, if he's ignored your PM's then that's different.

Which is it? I'm assuming it's the first one or you would have wrote "reading PM's"

So if I/you lost contact.. How am I supposed to respond?

I'm not one for drama but seriously own up to your own mistakes, here is our PM exchange below, notice the dates

- posted a "take" on your thread when it went up on 5/27, never got an invoice

- I reached out to you on 6/17 because I had actually forgotten about the sale

- you read the post 7 days later on the board, didn't reply

- took two days after that to write back a "we're good if you still want it"

- I replied back that day for your info and then again 7/9, nothing back from you

- book pops up months later and is sold to someone else

So, yeah, that's bad business IMO as a seller. No matter a $20 sale or a $2,000 one you need to follow through with sales in a timely fashion to gain my respect as a buyer and fellow seller. It is not the buyers responsibility to chase a seller down, that's ridiculous.

image_zps02beed80.jpg

4 minutes later...

Okay. . No payment was made..

Where do you want this to go?

Edited by bababooey

Well you did make a publicly posted vague offer to "save face"...are you saying it is up to him now respond publicly?

Or have you approached him via PM and gotten ignored?

If the only effort you made to correct this was the response below well then that says it all, if he's ignored your PM's then that's different.

Which is it? I'm assuming it's the first one or you would have wrote "reading PM's"

:popcorn:

Edited by HarveySwick

Here is MoJoe's first post on the issue

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8090633#Post8090633

We do need to hear from him obviously directly, but it suggests he "let it go" then and maybe he has washed his hands of it now.

Where that leaves the PL is a question, it is not clear that MoJoe was making a nomination in the first place, only testifying to the seller's poor practices. 2c

Here is MoJoe's first post on the issue

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8090633#Post8090633

We do need to hear from him obviously directly, but it suggests he "let it go" then and maybe he has washed his hands of it now.

Where that leaves the PL is a question, it is not clear that MoJoe was making a nomination in the first place, only testifying to the seller's poor practices. 2c

I agree it's not PL worthy unless mojo says it is and he seems to have let it go.

That's why my question to Adonis related to whether he made an effort behind the scenes or just minimized it here with a half-*spooned* gesture & never bothered with anything privately.

Hello,

So I am screwed. Well, I have learned my lesson. This is the second bad incident I had with eBay and I will not use them anymore. And I warn anybody against this fraud caled Seerojas.

best,

E

a well written negative feedback will have a significant impact on his ability to sell effectively on eBay.

No, no it won't.

48557257.jpg

Hello,

So I am screwed. Well, I have learned my lesson. This is the second bad incident I had with eBay and I will not use them anymore. And I warn anybody against this fraud caled Seerojas.

best,

E

a well written negative feedback will have a significant impact on his ability to sell effectively on eBay.

No, no it won't.

48557257.jpg

So, is Dutch going to nominate Seerojas to the PL?

Seriously, a wronged buyer doesn't 'owe' a faulty seller a chance to make it right. Especially if the seller made MULTIPLE attempts to complete the deal, the seller BROKE HIS WORD and the CONTRACT by ignoring pm's and NOT COMPLETING THE DEAL.

It's pretty reasonable that the buyer would not want to put money in this seller's pockets or have anything to do with him/her at that point. One would think that that the onus would fall on the seller to do EVERYTHING (including the impossible task of dropping an apologetic pm instead of passive/aggressive public blight) possible to make it right, and if that's not possible, to take the stain on his/her reputation, as happens in life sometimes.

My reputation as a seller is already tarnished by my own inability to ship out books in a timely manner.

I have no problems reaching out to MoJoePin, although we know what the answer will be. However, it is the right thing to do.

My reputation as a seller is already tarnished by my own inability to ship out books in a timely manner.

I have no problems reaching out to MoJoePin, although we know what the answer will be. However, it is the right thing to do.

Reach out with an apology (be a man about this). You've clearly admitted you've made mistakes and committed wrongs.

Let him know you are sincerely sorry and see if there is anything you can do to repay his patience.

If he says, no...then you've done all you can do.

Reach out with an apology (be a man about this). You've clearly admitted you've made mistakes and committed wrongs.

Let him know you are sincerely sorry and see if there is anything you can do to repay his patience.

In that specific instance. But how about in the future? I don't know Adonis, but I know this isn't his first rodeo with pretty much the same issues.

In that specific instance. But how about in the future? I don't know Adonis, but I know this isn't his first rodeo with pretty much the same issues.

How would you like me to handle future issues?

How would you like me to handle future issues?

How about not have any issues? Don't bite off more than you can chew.