• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Have you sent him a new PM with a link to the nomination?

Right. Make a new separate PM. Then give it three days from sending and if no response it looks like he can go on the list. Check this link, especially 2 and 3:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4949997#Post4949997

Thks just did it

]

I had a death in the family the next day. Suddenly $80 was a lot of money and comics were the last thing on my mind. Believe me or don't, nominate me or don't. The grief is gone and I have your $80... Sorry to ruin your day.

Edited by esamuel

Sorry, to hear about your loss, but communication goes a long way. You owed a whopping $80 for some comics. You could have at least told the seller what was going on.

You decided instead to ignore the seller's inquiries and rudely removed yourself from the PM with no explanation.

The grief is gone and I have your $80... Sorry to ruin your day.

It's funny how the threat of not being able to buy and sell here brings people around to fulfilling their previously ignored obligations. hm

I had a death in the family the next day. Suddenly $80 was a lot of money. Believe me or don't, nominate me or don't.

I don't think its a matter of 'believing' in the veracity of the situation, its a matter of 'behavior.' I think most people would happily give you more time or even cancel the sale altogether if you made a response and gave even the briefest explanation regarding a death in the family. If you think someone doesn't even have that decency, then you probably shouldn't have done business with them in the first place. There are tragedies everyday for people all over the world, and they affect everyone differently, and often times it's a very reasonable reason to back out of commitment, big or small, and just about all of us get that.

But it's not a reason to be disrespectful to someone who has no knowledge of the situation and is simply trying to find out where you and they stand based on a agreement you made.

I don't know what that means for the PL, but I do hope you see where things could have gone differently.

Yeah I call BS. To removed yourself from a PM when something like that happens, just isn't normal.

Who could care about even logging on to a comic book forum?

I just read the pms.

You wouldn't be putting so many people on the probabation list if you didn't pressure people into sales.

He asks questions and you say you'll mark the book as sold, pressuring him into the sale.

What's the book? Convince me to buy it for my buddy ehab.

So many people put on the PL show up when nominated with the reason of a death in the family. It is almost the default excuse. I have no doubt that sometimes it is true but I hope there is a special place somewhere for those that make it up. Funny how most still were able to show iup and read messages, delete message, remove themselves from topics, yet never pm anyone to let them know.

I just read the pms.

You wouldn't be putting so many people on the probabation list if you didn't pressure people into sales.

He asks questions and you say you'll mark the book as sold, pressuring him into the sale.

You consider the pms posted high pressure selling? Have you never bought a new car or house? Nevermind...... Dumb question. :grin:

I just read the pms.

You consider the pms posted high pressure selling? Have you never bought a new car or house? Nevermind...... Dumb question. :grin:

first message from esamuel - asks about price and discount

UltraHK gives him his paypal address

Esamuel asks if payment can be made in a few days

UltraHK says the item has been marked as sold for Esamuel

should esamuel have said he didn't want the book at that point if he wasn't going to go through with the sale? SURE - but that doesn't change the sales tactics used by the nominator which is clearly why he's nominated so many people in the last month.

Also, your post makes it look like you enjoy licking salt, and guess what? I have just the deal for you! Send me a PM for full details.

I just read the pms.

I see no pressure.

An offer was made to pay: "Could I pay you on Monday/Tuesday? That's when I get my week's pay."

The offer was accepted: "No prob bud. Thanks for your purchase." followed by "Will mark it sold ASAP" (which is excellent form for selling here: to quickly tag sold books as sold.)

To which the buyer agreed: "Awesome! Thank you."

Where is the pressure tactic?

He was so pressured into a deal that he said "Awesome" after agreeing to it. How the heck can that be high pressure and via pm? How hard would it be to say, "I do not want it because of......."

I just read the pms.

first message from esamuel - asks about price and discount

UltraHK gives him his paypal address

Esamuel asks if payment can be made in a few days

UltraHK says the item has been marked as sold for Esamuel

should esamuel have said he didn't want the book at that point if he wasn't going to go through with the sale? SURE - but that doesn't change the sales tactics used by the nominator which is clearly why he's nominated so many people in the last month.

Also, your post makes it look like you enjoy licking salt, and guess what? I have just the deal for you! Send me a PM for full details.

Just woke up

honestly I'm not a salesman and I have no idea why I have high pressure tactics ( Thks I think I should switch my job from financial control to salesman) I'm just a small collector who wants to find a good home for his unwanted comics, that is.

Thank you for your offer (including esamuel , just pm me to send money) which I was not convinced to take as it is unfair to me:

1. Accusation of high pressure selling (really, did I ? I don't think so ) which I have no idea and btw, I am the victim instead; and

2. Buyer walked away without explanation

Just woke up

honestly I'm not a salesman and I have no idea why I have high pressure tactics ( Thks I think I should switch my job from financial control to salesman) I'm just a small collector who wants to find a good home for his unwanted comics, that is.

Thank you for your offer (including esamuel , just pm me to send money) which I was not convinced to take as it is unfair to me:

1. Accusation of high pressure selling (really, did I ? I don't think so ) which I have no idea and btw, I am the victim instead; and

2. Buyer walked away without explanation

I wouldn't worry about the pressure thing. I think JL might have just got done smoking.