• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

No, he should not have to pay grading fees. However, I think it's apparent that symbiotic has no intention of making good on the transaction. Isn't he one of the unrepentant, thumbing his nose at those who criticized his behavior? Regardless, he should be on the PL--it's both merited by this transaction and would serve to warn other persons considering a purchase from him.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

Thanks Wolf

oddly enough that's the current price on eBay.

To the group - so should Wolf have to pay for the grading fees if he wants the slabbed book?

that being said he's already been refunded the money, so should he get additional money since technically that's his book on eBay (minus ebay/paypal fees) if it sells for more than the refund ($30) if so then grading fees should also be removed or not?

I don't think so.

Wolf bought NM Manifest Destiny raw. If the original seller wants to pull it out of the slab, that's on the seller. Not the buyer's fault.

Grading fees should not have to be removed. The grading was a "gift" by symbiotic to wolfpack because he sent the book into CGC AFTER wolfpack claimed and paid for the book. Symbi had a duty to care for the book and get it to wolfpack safely not to send it to CGC. So as you said, he owes wolfpack every cent made over $30 on the eBay sale.

Grading fees should not have to be removed. The grading was a "gift" by symbiotic to wolfpack because he sent the book into CGC AFTER wolfpack claimed and paid for the book. Symbi had a duty to care for the book and get it to wolfpack safely not to send it to CGC. So as you said, he owes wolfpack every cent made over $30 on the eBay sale.

I agree with this and the others have chimed in so far. Just to be clear Jay, he gets every cent above $30, no money taken out for ebay/paypal fees?

I assume this would be the terms to get taken off PL (seems like he's disinterested though) and I would also assume that Wolfpack would agree that this is what's needed, unless he wants the original book back - which i would think would be the smartest move by Symbiotic (though that's not his strong suit apparently)

All I wish is that someone could have seen all this coming. I, for one, was totally blindsided.

All I wish is that someone could have seen all this coming. I, for one, was totally blindsided.

There, there....a new pair of glasses will fix that right up.

As for me, I thought he was on the probation list already, lol. Glasses won't help.

Symbi? lol Thought it was funny sorry.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manifest-Destiny-1-CGC-9-6-/281314124675?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417fa0e383

Thanks. Judging by the seller's location and the grade of the book, I'm thinking this is most likely "my" book unless Symbiotic was unlucky enough to get 2 9.6s.

Edit: This is definitely Symbiotic's ebay account as he provided a link to his ebay items for sale in a previous thread.

i've since sent wolfpack06 the refund on the manifest destiny 1. also after shipping out the outstanding books i have had, i'm stepping away from the board and selling for the foreseeable future.

peace out girl scout ... dont come back

Haven't we heard this all before??

Someone may be nominating me soon. I look forward to the discussion.

I'll be supporting the injured party.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manifest-Destiny-1-CGC-9-6-/281314124675?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417fa0e383

Thanks. Judging by the seller's location and the grade of the book, I'm thinking this is most likely "my" book unless Symbiotic was unlucky enough to get 2 9.6s.

Edit: This is definitely Symbiotic's ebay account as he provided a link to his ebay items for sale in a previous thread.

i've since sent wolfpack06 the refund on the manifest destiny 1. also after shipping out the outstanding books i have had, i'm stepping away from the board and selling for the foreseeable future.

peace out girl boy scout ... dont come back

fixed :makepoint:

You can tell me all the reasons I am wrong over lunch on the weekend.

You can tell me all the reasons I am wrong over lunch on the weekend.

Is it MKKiller wanting his Goosebumbs book still?