• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manifest-Destiny-1-CGC-9-6-/281314124675?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417fa0e383

Thanks. Judging by the seller's location and the grade of the book, I'm thinking this is most likely "my" book unless Symbiotic was unlucky enough to get 2 9.6s.

Edit: This is definitely Symbiotic's ebay account as he provided a link to his ebay items for sale in a previous thread.

i've since sent wolfpack06 the refund on the manifest destiny 1. also after shipping out the outstanding books i have had, i'm stepping away from the board and selling for the foreseeable future.

Symbiotic, this does not answer the issues before you. You were supposed to send wolfpack06 a manifest destiny 1, you didn't and then you sent it into CGC, got it graded, this you do not dispute as you informed him of that. What is now at question is whether you sold it on eBay rather than turn it over to its rightful owner. The refund of what he paid should not matter, as you were unjustifiably enriched.

Darell: This isn't his first time saying this, or his first time in trouble. Here he is stepping away back in November because of an issue:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7209594#Post7209594 where he said he would never sell here again and all he wanted was to be a part of a community. 10 days later he was back. Now he's causing problems again. I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and he has no business being part of this community.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manifest-Destiny-1-CGC-9-6-/281314124675?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item417fa0e383

Thanks. Judging by the seller's location and the grade of the book, I'm thinking this is most likely "my" book unless Symbiotic was unlucky enough to get 2 9.6s.

Edit: This is definitely Symbiotic's ebay account as he provided a link to his ebay items for sale in a previous thread.

i've since sent wolfpack06 the refund on the manifest destiny 1. also after shipping out the outstanding books i have had, i'm stepping away from the board and selling for the foreseeable future.

Wasn't this the same guy who admitted to shilling some of his auctions but not all?

Wasn't this the same guy who admitted to shilling some of his auctions but not all?

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7177906&fpart=1

My feeling is that symbiotic should be added to the PL. Here is why. Action took over 30 days. The buyer was asked if he wanted a refund OR if he wanted the book, buyer chose the book. Symbiotic stated book was sent into cgc and AGAIN asked if buyer wanted book or refund. AGAIN buyer specified book. Sending a refund for the raw book does not bring parity to the situation. Symbiotic should be added to the PL until he either provides the buyer with his book (which he can still do as it is sitting on eBay currently) and buyer will refund the refund. OR buyer keeps the money and Symbiotic returns the difference between what buyer paid and what the book hammers at. Please add your thoughts folks.

I'm torn. IMO, he should have just said the book was sent in for grading, meaning he no longer has the raw book they entered into a sales contract for, and refunded the entire amount for that book plus maybe some more money for all of the trouble.

If it was a one time mistake I would say a refund was sufficient though an extra restitution would be nice. However with his history I wish he could be banned from selling here at all. I give it two weeks on the high end before a new sales thread pops up.

I have a few questions about this

#1 - what was the price paid on the raw

#2 - when symbiotic offered the cgc book (since he accidentally sent it in) did he want additional funds for the grading?

#3 - why did you (symbiotic) put the book on ebay knowing the buyer had still wanted the slab? I think i know this answer, but wanted to ask it anyways

I have a few questions about this

#1 - what was the price paid on the raw

#2 - when symbiotic offered the cgc book (since he accidentally sent it in) did he want additional funds for the grading?

#3 - why did you (symbiotic) put the book on ebay knowing the buyer had still wanted the slab? I think i know this answer, but wanted to ask it anyways

#1- $30 for the raw copy of MD1

#2-When he claimed to have sent the MD1 to CGC by mistake, he did not ask for extra money, but simply asked if I still wanted the book. It was a few days after he read my reply stating that I was still interested in the book that he listed it for sale on ebay.

Thanks Wolf

oddly enough that's the current price on eBay.

To the group - so should Wolf have to pay for the grading fees if he wants the slabbed book?

that being said he's already been refunded the money, so should he get additional money since technically that's his book on eBay (minus ebay/paypal fees) if it sells for more than the refund ($30) if so then grading fees should also be removed or not?