• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I don't think it is. I think people think threadkrapping is anything OTHER than :takeit:

or "GLWTS!"....

But as we've seen, the mods don't hand out strikes for community policing - that's what they are instructing us to do. I think people have even said "all potential buyers, please be aware that this person is on the HOS/PL" and leave it at that.

We saw it with Adam and F.Palma. Solarcadet's lame attempt to bait people to get strikes resulted in zero strikes.

I think threadkrapping is basically going into someone's sales thread and talking about how ridiculous or high their prices are or saying negative things about the person. Simply referring potential buyers to the community maintained list is NOT threadkrapping. 2c

^^

I remember that sales thread by Symbi that was linked. I was online right when several of those books were posted and there were 3 or 4 I really wanted but refused to because it was him. I know that several of the people in that thread that claimed items must know his history but the power of the flip is just too appealing. It was very disappointing.

Who is going to stop him from starting a sales thread? Asking because I am genuinely curious.

From the way I've seen it. When a thread is started by a HOS member the mods have allowed a single post (not a pile-on) informing the seller, and potential buyers of his status.

Also there is nothing stopping people from PMing people who have bought in the thread and sending them a link to the HOS status. If they weren't aware of that fact before purchasing it has been grounds for canceling the purchase without PL repercussions in the past.

I am not sure if any of that has changed, given the mods new threadcrapping extinction agenda, but that's how it's worked in the past.

One post? Perhaps a sign might stand out more...

CGC_HOS.jpg

CGC_PL.jpg

Who is going to stop him from starting a sales thread? Asking because I am genuinely curious.

From the way I've seen it. When a thread is started by a HOS member the mods have allowed a single post (not a pile-on) informing the seller, and potential buyers of his status.

Also there is nothing stopping people from PMing people who have bought in the thread and sending them a link to the HOS status. If they weren't aware of that fact before purchasing it has been grounds for canceling the purchase without PL repercussions in the past.

I am not sure if any of that has changed, given the mods new threadcrapping extinction agenda, but that's how it's worked in the past.

One post? Perhaps a sign might stand out more...

HOS.jpg

PL.jpg

(worship)

I can't wait to post these.

I hate how talented Jason is and can whip up something so awesome in like 5 seconds. However Can I ask that we move this discussion to the discussion section and leave this area to discussion of probation nominations.

I hate how talented Jason is and can whip up something so awesome in like 5 seconds. However Can I ask that we move this discussion to the discussion section and leave this area to discussion of probation nominations.

Thank you. (worship) And moving it right now (thumbs u

So I read the Symbiotic shilling thread and I vote to have JewellzCardzandCo on the probation list for eBay shilling.

This boardie doesn't sell here. His attitude is well regarded by another as "going off the deepend".

I usually wouldn't care less about a shiller but when a person acts and degrades person/people, then it becomes a little personal.

Today I have found out he is definitely a auction shiller. His auctions are usually if not always are put on private by not showing who is bidding shows to me that he is shilling those auctions.

My original post:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=7628993&Searchpage=1&Main=210944&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post7628993

He was selling a Spider-Man hologram CGC set under the name aznlovesauce2014 which was changed recently because to mock me. My username was aznlovesauce. I since then deactivated my account due to his actions and words. Prior to changing his name it was jewellzcardzandcomicz & waylonanderson.

So I offered him $250 for his set but he would only sell for $275. I told him I will only pay $250 and that was what I'm willing to spend. So I declined his offer through eBay. A few days later, he messaged me asking if I still want for $275, I stated no. He then blocked me from bidding (such a great attitude because somebody said no.) I then looked at his account and he put the same set for sale auction with no reserve. So I began to put in a bid and found out I got blocked. I asked him why and he went all ape *spoon* on me with meaningless name calling like a child.

Anyways, here is what he was selling as BIN:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-CGC-9-8-HOLOGRAM-LOT-/261444715209?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cdf51c2c9&nma=true&si=QyS%252F3PX1V2PkpopoMk5p%252BTipUbU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_894wt_4162

Here is his auction style listing with a winner:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261455502610?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_894wt_4162

And after the winning of his auction I posted an update with my findings:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=7628993&Searchpage=1&Main=210944&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post7628993

And today, I find out another seller is selling the exact same thing for the same price with the same pictures. Notice the description about shady monkey business...lol. Same type of description that was used on aznlovesauce2014.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-CGC-9-8-HOLOGRAM-LOT/321386664060?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222005%26algo%3DSIC.PROD%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D21398%26meid%3D6409566530092709117%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9407%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D261444715209#ht_786wt_4038

His full set request:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=293102&Number=7563818#Post7563818

Edited by dena

So I read the Symbiotic shilling thread and I vote to have JewellzCardzandCo on the probation list for eBay shilling.

This boardie doesn't sell here. His attitude is well regarded by another as "going off the deepend".

I usually wouldn't care less about a shiller but when a person acts and degrades person/people, then it becomes a little personal.

Today I have found out he is definitely a auction shiller. His auctions are usually if not always are put on private by not showing who is bidding shows to me that he is shilling those auctions.

My original post:

He was selling a Spider-Man hologram CGC set under the name aznlovesauce2014 which was changed recently because to mock me. My username was aznlovesauce. I since then deactivated my account due to his actions and words. Prior to changing his name it was jewellzcardzandcomicz & waylonanderson.

So I offered him $250 for his set but he would only sell for $275. I told him I will only pay $250 and that was what I'm willing to spend. So I declined his offer through eBay. A few days later, he messaged me asking if I still want for $275, I stated no. He then blocked me from bidding (such a great attitude because somebody said no.) I then looked at his account and he put the same set for sale auction with no reserve. So I began to put in a bid and found out I got blocked. I asked him why and he went all ape *spoon* on me with meaningless name calling like a child.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-CGC-9-8-HOLOGRAM-LOT-/261444715209?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cdf51c2c9&nma=true&si=QyS%252F3PX1V2PkpopoMk5p%252BTipUbU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557#ht_894wt_4162

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261455502610?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT#ht_894wt_4162

And today, I find out another seller is selling the exact same thing for the same price with the same pictures. Notice the description about shady monkey business...lol. Same type of description that was used on aznlovesauce2014.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-CGC-9-8-HOLOGRAM-LOT/321386664060?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222005%26algo%3DSIC.PROD%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D21398%26meid%3D6409566530092709117%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D9407%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D261444715209#ht_786wt_4038

His full set request:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=293102&Number=7563818#Post7563818

:o

Edited by dena

My original post:

His full set request:

:o

lol

Also notice the two different ebay users, aznlovesauce2014 and thebigboss420, have the same description in the listing. Even down to the CGC sets they "individually" own.

At least he/she gets points for being lazy.

Edited by dena

I think you guys should remove TheMightyJohn from the probation list. Aaron has always fulfilled my orders and the last one Aaron did for me Albuquerque Comic Con got fulfilled. Aaron responded within an acceptable time. I do not like to put other people's business on the CGC boards, but if you knew what happened to him you would understand maybe why he is not responding to pms in a timely manner. I just don't think it was very considerate to nominate him considering events that happened to him in his personal life.

if you knew what happened to him you would understand maybe why he is not responding to pms in a timely manner.

He sure didn't waste any time complaining about a free slab he got

I received a broken slab from my Santa. When I asked him about it he confirmed that IT WAS broken already when he sent it to me and not during shipment.

Not cool...

Too bad he isn't forthcoming now.

I think you guys should remove TheMightyJohn from the probation list. Aaron has always fulfilled my orders and the last one Aaron did for me Albuquerque Comic Con got fulfilled. Aaron responded within an acceptable time. I do not like to put other people's business on the CGC boards, but if you knew what happened to him you would understand maybe why he is not responding to pms in a timely manner. I just don't think it was very considerate to nominate him considering events that happened to him in his personal life.

I don't know why he's on the list, but I know only the people that put him on can take him off.

I hope he's ok.

Do people here know what happened to him? I don't remember reading anything about it.

The boards are usually, regularly, incredibly supportive when life takes a bad turn for boardies.

That leads me to believe whatever happened to him is not common knowledge. If people don't know what happened to him then they aren't being inconsiderate or dismissive of his life events.

if you knew what happened to him you would understand maybe why he is not responding to pms in a timely manner.

He sure didn't waste any time complaining about a free slab he got

I received a broken slab from my Santa. When I asked him about it he confirmed that IT WAS broken already when he sent it to me and not during shipment.

Not cool...

Too bad he isn't forthcoming now.

If he has broken deals outstanding, he should be on Probation until he makes things right. If his life has issues, he's probably not going to be buying/selling anyways, so the PL won't have a huge impact on his life (other things will be much more important). Either way, he can always make things right and get off the list if/when he comes back. If he's already cleared everything up, yah remove him.

It's not like he loves this place. meh

This is getting to be ridiculous and offensive. I am tired of the same click on these boards ganging up and trashing new members when one of them gets upset. THIS HAS TO STOP!!! Everyone of these post are offensive and should be blocked and their posters hit with strikes. Why s nothing being done? It's no wonder the CGC boards have such a bad reputation among the collecting community.

And it wasn't just one person that asked that he be added to the list. A line starting forming with at least two requests. You can find the links HERE when you click on his name.

Three boardies have nominated him, those three boardies need to be made whole before tmj can come off the pl. I'm sorry to hear he is having life issues. There is no time limit to be removed from pl so let him sort out the life issues and then he's free to return and make amends to get off the pl. I wish him all the best.

Others have already suggested it, and it must have come up before (I don't follow this thread regularly, but I was also going to suggest that if someone on PL/HOS does start a sales thread I see no issue with someone else posting that they are on one of those lists. Buyers an make the determination at that point if they want to proceed.

It's definitely unrealistic to think that people will stop dealing with them altogether, especially if they've got a "great deal" posted. If you've been around the hobby long enough, you know that there's always someone willing to roll the dice. Heck, I remember threads where people bought books from Danny and ended up with purple labels (shocking!). And this was well after all of that stuff went down years ago. People that definitely knew better.

We used to have a running line that people would buy books from the devil himself if the price was right. Sadly, over the years, it seems that joke statement isn't far off from the truth.

If someone on one of the lists posts a sales thread, call them out. Who cares if it's thread crapping? Don't want to be called out? Don't get on the lists. You reap what you sow. Taking accountability is slowly becoming a "lost art".

If someone on one of the lists posts a sales thread, call them out. Who cares if it's thread crapping? Don't want to be called out? Don't get on the lists. You reap what you sow. Taking accountability is slowly becoming a "lost art".

+1

what if we nominate one individual who will be the designated "HOF/PL" person so that if a PL/Hofer posts a thread for sale that person and that person alone will post a polite statement that the seller is currently on the PL/HOF and that buyers are free to complete any sales but know that they will have no protection from the board if the deal goes south. this would be posted just once so that it doesn't become a pile on.