• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The seller can only rule out completing the deal if the buyer attempts to complete the deal. Seller can only be in breach once there is an attempt. He can state whatever he wants now, but unless the buyer comes back and says he wants to complete and THEN the seller says no, we don't even need to think about this conversation.

As I understand it, the PL is supposed to be a way to ensure that deals are consummated as agreed to. But in this case the nominator has made it clear multiple times that HE WON'T DO THE DEAL.

I'm mystified that no one seems to think that point is important.

Actually I did suggest seeking a resolution but no one reads Pov Posts so I am going to start showering on a daily basis to up my appeal. Who knows? Maybe mouthwash next. hm

Honestly it is not up to us to decide for a PL nomination. You need to do what you feel about. Go through the PL rules, especially about getting someone off the list once they have been put on. Maybe between the two of you some form of satisfactory conclusion can be reached.

As I understand it, the PL is supposed to be a way to ensure that deals are consummated as agreed to. But in this case the nominator has made it clear multiple times that HE WON'T DO THE DEAL.

Actually I did suggest seeking a resolution but no one reads Pov Posts so I am going to start showering on a daily basis to up my appeal. Who knows? Maybe mouthwash next. hm

Honestly it is not up to us to decide for a PL nomination. You need to do what you feel about. Go through the PL rules, especially about getting someone off the list once they have been put on. Maybe between the two of you some form of satisfactory conclusion can be reached.

:baiting: we ignore posts made from an Amazon Fire 6 or whatever crappy tablet you have lol

The seller can only rule out completing the deal if the buyer attempts to complete the deal. Seller can only be in breach once there is an attempt. He can state whatever he wants now, but unless the buyer comes back and says he wants to complete and THEN the seller says no, we don't even need to think about this conversation.

I don't follow this. Hasn't he said multiple times that he won't sell the book to him. Isn't that "ruling out completing the deal"?

:baiting: we ignore posts made from an Amazon Fire 6 or whatever crappy tablet you have lol

Amazon Fire 6 HD, if you please. And an iPad 3 Retina Display. I even have a real keyboard for it. But pretty much all of my posts are from a desktop with 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive and a 4th Gen Intel Core i3 Haswell processor. So ignore THAT! :P

I understand your point. If say the buyer doesn't care about being on the PL, and has no intention of even contesting it, than why worry about what the seller is or is not proposing. Put in those terms I agree.

Although in theory not caring about being on the PL is in some sense more serious than being on it. hm

It's your avatar, Mumm-ra. :baiting:

Being back the upside down bat face image.

I wish I could remember what book that was. Ity wasn;t a bat but some kind of weird marsupial as I recall. But that was pre-code and for now, I am in the Pre-Hero Marvel/Atlas pst-code sci-fi realm. I must be true.

Well this is just funny now. The seller can't refuse to sell the book and come up with another way off the list.

If the buyer comes back I suggest he claims he will buy it. Then this all goes away.

Amazon Fire 6 HD, if you please. And an iPad 3 Retina Display. I even have a real keyboard for it. But pretty much all of my posts are from a desktop with 8GB RAM, 1TB hard drive and a 4th Gen Intel Core i3 Haswell processor. So ignore THAT! :P

giphy.gif

Sorry Sqeggs I'm in lawyer mode. In contract law we have a term called Anticipatory Repudiation. If the seller makes a statement that he has no plans to follow through with the contract, then in theory the buyer is released from his contractual obligations. HOWEVER the seller can at any time reverse that repudiation so long as there is no material change. In other words, unless the buyer is trying to complete the deal and the seller is saying no, he has the opportunity to still go through with it. His multiple statements saying he won't sell the book to him are meaningless.

Likely bcc just want to be reassured that he was right and Xela was wrong.

If it were me in bcc' shoes, that would be enough.

There's no real purpose to persue this further, since they buyer doesn't want the books and the seller no longer wants to sell to him.

In the end, the call is bcc's, but there's not much point to push this any further. 2c

I want to buy the book

You can't. I refuse to deal with you. You must go on the PL now for not buying the book.

But I want to buy the book.

You can't. Onto the list with you.

Sad.

I want to buy the book

You can't. I refuse to deal with you. You must go on the PL now for not buying the book.

But I want to buy the book.

You can't. Onto the list with you.

Sad.

Except that hasn't happened.

Likely bcc just want to be reassured that he was right and Xela was wrong.

If it were me in bcc' shoes, that would be enough.

There's no real purpose to persue this further, since they buyer doesn't want the books and the seller no longer wants to sell to him.

In the end, the call is bcc's, but there's not much point to push this any further. 2c

^^