• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Some you "win" and some you "lose". I'm sorry you didn't get the golden ticket. Maybe Mr. Wonka will refund your money? :sorry:
Wow

i agree. i don't understand your defense. we've got multiple boardies saying they've received nothing or are less than thrilled with their purchase. i'm waiting for Jason's side of the story but this doesn't smell good.

I have some paid boxes to ship. I have all the freebies left to ship.

Would it matter if I submitted to you all and said here's the laundry list of BS I've been dealing with this year? Personally I'm so tired of it that I don't even want to go into it because it all sounds like BS excuses. Which only serves to anger me at myself. So what if I changed jobs recent? Or that my wife was in a car wreck and that I'm still dealing with that fallout? Or that I had my computer crash on me? Lost a lot of information while it was down which really slowed me down on the thread? Or that I work 11-12 hours a day usually skipping lunch and that my cell phone apparently is an outdated POS when it comes to reading the boards? Or that some drunk chick backed into my car on June 27th and then I had to deal with getting my car repaired AGAIN? Or that the very same car just got a cracked windshield yesterday and so I got to deal with my wife crying uncontrollably all because we just keep getting more and more BS piled on?

If you read through it, you can do a simple Algebra equation. X=BS Life Drama = excuses. So that's how I feel about it, I don't want anyone thinking I'm living it up in Costa Rica while you're waiting for your items to arrive.

I mean really that's probably going to be about the biggest obstruction to my shipping right now. Or how about now that I'm spending 90 minutes defending myself on these boards instead of getting these boxes to the night drop because someone wants to PL nominate me over A. a refund and B. a free item.

I'm not belittling this place or the rules and I adhere to whatever, but put the pitchforks away. I'm not a bad guy I'm just having a hard time right now in general and I don't get off on bragging or boasting about myself or asking people to throw me a pity party.

BTW I still love you all.

Now I'm off to go read and respond to PMs which amazingly, surprise! My box has about nine in there that weren't before I started getting flamed here.

As much as I admire your creativity and sticking to your guns, I would suggest coming up with new sales tactics. It's clear that this is the beginning of the end of your current sales threads. 2c

in general the most damaging aspect is that board members go into the mystery box threads (not just comicalgems ones) and give support/kudos from previous purchases that it encourages new buyers to jump in

I fell victim to that in another mystery box thead and I stopped buying them all together since that purchase

Every time I see a new one come up I just shake my head especially when folks chime in on how great their last one was

You liked the Moebius box though right?

Yes I did however I thought I brought those separately and not part of the mystery box

And my comment if you read it was not about your mystery box threads but another seller

Very possible sir. Your memory may serve you better than mine serves me. However, I really thought I sold those to you at a Mystery Box price...but I could be wrong.

Now I'm off to go read and respond to PMs which amazingly, surprise! My box has about nine in there that weren't before I started getting flamed here.

As much as I admire your creativity and sticking to your guns, I would suggest coming up with new sales tactics. It's clear that this is the beginning of the end of your current sales threads. 2c

Thank you for the compliment.

I agree I think you tried your best, but after awhile doesnt it seem like climbing too many mountains to make it work?

Ive known you on here for many years and we disagree over this topic, but Ive never had an issue with you as a seller or buyer.

It just seems like you have alot going on currently.

Edited by Fastballspecial

comicalgems, I hope your wife is doing well.

I think someone was right when they stated you probably bit off more than you could chew. With all this going on in life why try to sell 25-50 boxes all at once? Slow it down, take smaller bites, and process orders with more urgency. You could sell 5 boxes and ship them every few days probably instead of going your current route. Although I think mystery boxes will not be permitted much longer. (I would think it is a matter of when and not if. My over/under would be 7 days.)

Shipping in a timely manner seems a longstanding issue, so change tactics! Arrange for p.o. to pick them up at your door maybe, for instance.

Speaking for myself, I would not use the term "flamed" to describe unhappy clients who came here and (I believe for the most part) described their unhappiness in polite and reasoned and respectful ways.

Speaking for myself, I would not use the term "flamed" to describe unhappy clients who came here and (I believe for the most part) described their unhappiness in polite and reasoned and respectful ways.

Anyone with a legitimate complaint clearly isn't flaming...nor is anyone with a legitimate complaint the one trying to nominate me for the PL thread. The former buyer was refunded in full and to the best of my knowledge we were square...and being square does not include attempting to nominate someone for the PL list just because you're upset with them, there's rules for it, and since the transaction was mutually voided then the rules no longer applied, so when I get an IM through Facebook to let me know that there was a storm a brewing...yeah I feel like I got flamed a little, but hey I'm not mad about it.

That's not everyone either. I purchased one and he never put my name on that list. I've received an invoice and paid though. Received a shipping notification on July 8, but still haven't received anything and the tracking hasn't showed any updates. I hadn't thought much of it until I saw this update from everyone. I get life happens though, so not too worried.

Thank you.

July 8?

but if he's shipping priority like he says here:

I was experimenting at the time with using these and bubble wrap

aLARGE-FRB-01-main-180x95_zpsm4mdkcct.jpg

Because they hold more comics than

aO-FRB2-01-main-278x243_zpsgyrydssk.jpg

isnt that 10+ days for a 2-3 day priority box to arrive? I'd be worried.

Because you can print a shipping label before actually taking it to the Post Office and it will email you. Jason seems like an alright guy who wants to make everything right with everyone, so I'm not worried.

can you explain how you valued this box at $150 or more?

BF987C41-DA64-40F6-8F48-40B2ED31F073_zpspc5bipre.jpg

:bump:

This was addressed in private with the buyer. I told him flat out I screwed up on contents.

Should have told him that drunk chick packed his box. 2c

Some you "win" and some you "lose". I'm sorry you didn't get the golden ticket. Maybe Mr. Wonka will refund your money? :sorry:
Wow

i agree. i don't understand your defense. we've got multiple boardies saying they've received nothing or are less than thrilled with their purchase. i'm waiting for Jason's side of the story but this doesn't smell good.

Would it matter if I submitted to you all and said here's the laundry list of BS I've been dealing with this year? Personally I'm so tired of it that I don't even want to go into it because it all sounds like BS excuses. Which only serves to anger me at myself. So what if I changed jobs recent? Or that my wife was in a car wreck and that I'm still dealing with that fallout? Or that I had my computer crash on me? Lost a lot of information while it was down which really slowed me down on the thread? Or that I work 11-12 hours a day usually skipping lunch and that my cell phone apparently is an outdated POS when it comes to reading the boards? Or that some drunk chick backed into my car on June 27th and then I had to deal with getting my car repaired AGAIN? Or that the very same car just got a cracked windshield yesterday and so I got to deal with my wife crying uncontrollably all because we just keep getting more and more BS piled on?

If you read through it, you can do a simple Algebra equation. X=BS Life Drama = excuses. So that's how I feel about it, I don't want anyone thinking I'm living it up in Costa Rica while you're waiting for your items to arrive.

I mean really that's probably going to be about the biggest obstruction to my shipping right now. Or how about now that I'm spending 90 minutes defending myself on these boards instead of getting these boxes to the night drop because someone wants to PL nominate me over A. a refund and B. a free item.

I'm not belittling this place or the rules and I adhere to whatever, but put the pitchforks away. I'm not a bad guy I'm just having a hard time right now in general and I don't get off on bragging or boasting about myself or asking people to throw me a pity party.

Sorry, life does get in the way and sometimes it seems bad things come in gangs.

But it is absolutely your fault for failing to ship these boxes in a timely manner. The buyers didn't pick your 11 hr per day job without breaks or pick out your cell phone or cause any of the problems you're experiencing.

And let's be fair here. If you had to have those boxes our last Friday no matter what you'd stay up all night and get it done. You bit off a lot, had some issues with life and let people down.

Finally, I find it a comical gem that you suggest that the boxes are delayed because you're busy defending yourself here for 90 minutes. That's just plain nasty.

Wow

Sorry, life does get in the way and sometimes it seems bad things come in gangs.

But it is absolutely your fault for failing to ship these boxes in a timely manner. The buyers didn't pick your 11 hr per day job without breaks or pick out your cell phone or cause any of the problems you're experiencing.

And let's be fair here. If you had to have those boxes our last Friday no matter what you'd stay up all night and get it done. You bit off a lot, had some issues with life and let people down.

Finally, I find it a comical gem that you suggest that the boxes are delayed because you're busy defending yourself here for 90 minutes. That's just plain nasty.

And if I had just replied..."Moot, buyer was refunded."

That wouldn't have been acceptable either.