• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Can anyone assist with taking my name of the PL list? I tried making amends with the seller, but the book has already been sold. I've fulfilled the 30 day probabation period. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Shouldn't he be removed from the PL?

I got a PM from rip67vdub wanting to finish the transaction that wasn't honored initially.

I already ended up selling the book to the other buyer in my sales thread who was hoping to get it. He paid immediately and the transaction went smoothly so I'm not sure there's much else to deal with in this case.

I appreciate rip67vdub coming to me about finishing the initial deal for the Squirrel Girl book.

It appears buyer and seller have come to a resolution on this matter, right?

Edited by Bird

Can anyone assist with taking my name of the PL list? I tried making amends with the seller, but the book has already been sold. I've fulfilled the 30 day probabation period. Your help is greatly appreciated.

If the seller says you attempted to rectify the situation and is satisfied then yes, you should most likely be removed from the PL. However, I think you are confused on the 30 day probation period. The nominator has to wait 30 days to nominate you to the PL. It does not mean that someone is on probation for 30 days.

I got a PM from rip67vdub wanting to finish the transaction that wasn't honored initially.

I already ended up selling the book to the other buyer in my sales thread who was hoping to get it. He paid immediately and the transaction went smoothly so I'm not sure there's much else to deal with in this case.

I appreciate rip67vdub coming to me about finishing the initial deal for the Squirrel Girl book.

It is in the hands of the OP (white_rushin) as to whether to remove him, by the sounds of it that may not be a problem at all, but we should hear from the OP directly. Has he been contacted?

It is in the hands of the OP (white_rushin) as to whether to remove him, by the sounds of it that may not be a problem at all, but we should hear from the OP directly. Has he been contacted?

Yes - I asked him in this forum and also sent him a PM. Waiting to hear back.

I sent a pm to the seller to help chime in. Here's the pm I rec'd from the seller:

After hearing you weren't interested in the book. I reached out to the other buyer who wanted it and he paid immediately. The book is already in his hands and the transaction went smoothly.

I'll post this information into the Probation thread and see what they decide. I appreciate you reaching out to try and honor the deal :thumbsup:

Edited by rip67vdub

First day of fall break and I have the runs, a bit of a fever, and back spasms, so I'm not in the mood for shenangians.

Someone says, "Can you do X for the IM 55 SS?"

I say, Yes, I will put it on hold.

He says, Great I will take it if there are no problems with the slab. If so, send me your PPal address.

While I am on a thirteen Rumpelstiltskin sleep after getting home from work yesterday, he adds, Please let me know, this is for a friend.

I wake up and say, all is well, slab is well, here's my email.

He says, "Sorry, my friend bought a higher grade copy."

Note that a 7.5 IM 55 SS copy was put on sale shortly after mine went up for sale.

I'm usually pretty easy going about things, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Thoughts?

First day of fall break and I have the runs, a bit of a fever, and back spasms, so I'm not in the mood for shenangians.

He says, Great I will take it if there are no problems with the slab. If so, send me your PPal address.

While I am on a thirteen Rumpelstiltskin sleep after getting home from work yesterday, he adds, Please let me know, this is for a friend.

Note that a 7.5 IM 55 SS copy was put on sale shortly after mine went up for sale.

I'm usually pretty easy going about things, but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Thoughts?

Sorry to hear about this. I wouldn't have liked it either. I would have considered it a deal in good faith. 2c

Thoughts?

Well, he didn't ask you if there was a problem with the slab and would then make up his mind after you answer, he said he'd take it as long as there was no problem with the slab.

It's like emailing someone and saying "If you'll take $X for the book I'll take it" and "Would you take $X for the book?"

Yes - I asked him in this forum and also sent him a PM. Waiting to hear back.

I sent a PM to white_rushin on 10/2 following up and asking it is OK to remove rip67vdub from the PL. Not read yet so no reply. The last presence of white_rushin on the boards was 8/29. About 41 days ago.

I am sending one more PM to white_rushin and giving it three days (the same time we give for PL candidates to respond). If no response I am removing rip67vdub from the PL based on white_rushins last comment on this matter which was:

"I got a PM from rip67vdub wanting to finish the transaction that wasn't honored initially.

I appreciate rip67vdub coming to me about finishing the initial deal for the Squirrel Girl book."

Hello everybody. It's true I haven't been on the boards in a while. Truthfully, I've been so busy that I forgot this probation discussion wasn't resolved.

I'm absolutely cool with removing rip67vdub from the PL.

Thanks white-rushin! (thumbs u

Removing now.

Hello everybody. It's true I haven't been on the boards in a while. Truthfully, I've been so busy that I forgot this probation discussion wasn't resolved.

Classy of you but he stays on my avoid list.

Right there with you his buying methods immediately turned me off.

Classy of you but he stays on my avoid list.

Right there with you his buying methods immediately turned me off.

I don't get the intent. Is it to encourage others to follow suit? Demonstrate a superior discernment? Is everyone who has been on the PL subject to this?

There are lots of instances where people reference their "personal" do not buy or sell lists. And likewise lots of instances where entrance or exit from the PL either modifies, or doesn't modify, those personal lists. I view it as gentle reminder that PL removal is not necessarily a "stamp of approval."

Agreed. I have dealt with people that have gotten off the PL before with great results. Of course, that is usually for someone that made a one time mistake, owned up to it and immediately fixed it with the one they wronged. For me, it is about what they did to get on there (mistake, scam or straight criminal), and their attitude once they found out. Attitude goes a long way and may be the reason for a few of the past posts.