• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Do you really think that CAK was bullied, and if so, do you think he was bullied into his poor decisions, poor customer service, and belligerent/defiantly clueless responses?

I wasnt commenting on his case, talking generally. I dont even know what happened, but I have seen him post some on the edge things before, I have no doubt he deserved whatever happened to him.

I was replying to other users posts, and then just waxing poetic on a certain sub-culture that is allowed to pervade certain portions of the board.

The jokes about trying to bait someone into getting themselves banned, and others cheering it on, just got me reminiscing.

O

Ah ok.

Well, CAK is a special case.

It's hard for me to believe he's this clueless, that it's not some Andy Kauffman-esque troll/performance art/practical joke at our expense.

He sells a guy a book, prints out shipping information immediately, then strings him along for a month not actually shipping it. Then he keeps complaining how busy he is, in excruciating and completely unnecessary detail. Fire pits installed, bobcats shunned, eBay feedback puffery engaged in (Almost 103 by Now!!!), buffering pads utilized, etc etc. but no time to actually take the box to the PO for over a month.

In that month span of time where the self-described expert comic seller and shipper cannot be bothered to actually ship the comics he sold, he felt free to sell and ship other comics, to attend the Baltimore comic con to buy and sell and grade more comics, and to come on here and drop Cleveland Steamer after Cleveland Steamer of unwanted, unsolicited, and unhelpful advice all over this forum (in other people's sales threads too) at the rate of 2-3 dumps per day.

When called out, nominate for the PL, taken to task for his failures....he deflects, gazes deeply and lovingly into his own navel (which must have the gravitational pull of a black hole being that he cannot seem to escape it), and comes back with attacks and excuses and tales of personal woe and malaise.

Finally, he tells the buyer that he shipped his exceedingly long overdue book......media mail.

:applause:

Amazing synopsis. Bravo

Everybody always forgets the porcupine.

After 38 days, I finally received my slab today. CAK really does know how to stuff a big box, and used lots of protection.

Now for some eBay feedback.....

Wish I could leave feedback for Voldemort. For a 9.6 it sure has a lot of issues on the back cover, that I couldn't see in the blurry eBay pic. A little rust on the staples, dirt and some foxing also. I'm really tempted to send it to CGC to see how bad it really is. O well, cheap lesson learned I guess.

After 38 days, I finally received my slab today. CAK really does know how to stuff a big box, and used lots of protection.

Wish I could leave feedback for Voldemort. For a 9.6 it sure has a lot of issues on the back cover, that I couldn't see in the blurry eBay pic. A little rust on the staples, dirt and some foxing also. I'm really tempted to send it to CGC to see how bad it really is. O well, cheap lesson learned I guess.

Are you sure it's rust? Rust on a 1990 staple doesn't sound right, at least not this early (maybe in another 15 or so years).

. A little rust on the staples, dirt and some foxing also. I'm really tempted to send it to CGC to see how bad it really is. O well, cheap lesson learned I guess.

what reason would there be to get that kind of a book slabbed. send it back and be done with it.

. A little rust on the staples, dirt and some foxing also. I'm really tempted to send it to CGC to see how bad it really is. O well, cheap lesson learned I guess.

what reason would there be to get that kind of a book slabbed. send it back and be done with it.

I'm keeping it . It's not the sellers fault Voldomert sucks.

Are you sure it's rust? Rust on a 1990 staple doesn't sound right, at least not this early (maybe in another 15 or so years).

aayt1y.jpg

aayt1y.jpg

That's pretty awful. No better than an 8.5

aayt1y.jpg

That book is a 9.6? :eek:

Yeah a Voldemort 9.6 . I can't take a good picture of the top staple but it has a bit of noticeable rust next to the paper , and what looks like transfer to the paper. I'm sure the inside has issues too. The Foxing/ staining is light but still fugly for a 9.6.

Depends how it's stored. You can get rust quickly under the right (wrong!) conditions

Hey gang, I agree that CAK should have handled things differently but this is really a pile on now. He got his azz handed to him, he got a neg, hopefully he gets the point and learns from it.

Pile ons are this board's raison d'être, it's joie de vivre, its reason for life, the very air that it breathes.