• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

5) Dutch74 reappears, following his attempts to delete his profile, claiming he had no interest in this forum

That should be irrelevant concerning this topic

though he went through at least one name change in the process ).

And that should be irrelevant as well. Although obviously it's not to you. Does that explain you biased posts? That would be plainly sad.

It's interesting as well that you mention these facts, suggesting many things, while leaving the conclusions in the open. Is this what you mean when you describe yourself as an honest person who does things in a calm and polite way? Sorry, but I disagree.

To all who are here for the right reasons, I am sorry about this off-topic discussion.

Absolutely relevant. A link to a thread that illustrated, in a previous instance when someone didn't agree with you, you put people on ignore and got bent out of shape . Pretty similar to what you did here. And while there's a number of reasons to change your user name, often it's done by a member who doesn't want other people to remember what they said or did, so your changing it in the middle of whatever dust-up you were getting in with someone then, if nothing else, is worth noting.

Also, it's been pointed out that a large part of why seerojas's PL status might have been overlooked was due to your not following up on it. The fact that you were looking for a way to wash your hands of the forum (when as it was pointed out to you in that thread, no one is forcing you or anyone else to be here) doesn't fit neatly with your claims that everything you're saying and doing here is in the "best interests of your fellow forum members". So again, it's relevant, since your primary defense of your actions -- you remember, actions like calling out Hector and babaooey and suggesting they endorse people ripping other people off -- is that you're doing so for the better good.

And if you can show me where I've been anything other than calm or polite in our discussion, be my guest. I've done nothing but present the facts as they've unfolded, with links to actual postings, so also feel free to link back to anything I've said or done that could be categorized as dishonest. I've told you already that I appreciated your bringing seerojas's actions back to the attention of everyone here. And I've tried to give your some helpful suggestions, since the path you're going on has been traveled by enough people before that it's not a surprise how it usually ends up. And for that, you're offended somehow. :facepalm:

Let's get a list going

Dutch74's No Deal With List - Charter Members

bababooey

jsilverjanet

RMA

ChiSoxFan

Additions

Jeffro

Junkdrawer

DR.X

?

?

Dutch, I don't have a dog in this fight, but you seem to be doing this "exactly wrong." (As one of my high school math teachers used to say.) Having dealt with several of these guys in transactions, they are exactly the people you want to be dealing with.

Jeffro is a bit sketchy.

I think you have me confused with Jerkfro. What a turd that guy was

Let's get a list going

bababooey

jsilverjanet

RMA

ChiSoxFan

Additions

Jeffro

Junkdrawer

DR.X

?

?

Dutch, I don't have a dog in this fight, but you seem to be doing this "exactly wrong." (As one of my high school math teachers used to say.) Having dealt with several of these guys in transactions, they are exactly the people you want to be dealing with.

Jeffro is a bit sketchy.

Still sketchy.

Don't deny it.

5) Dutch74 reappears, following his attempts to delete his profile, claiming he had no interest in this forum

That should be irrelevant concerning this topic

though he went through at least one name change in the process ).

And that should be irrelevant as well. Although obviously it's not to you. Does that explain you biased posts? That would be plainly sad.

It's interesting as well that you mention these facts, suggesting many things, while leaving the conclusions in the open. Is this what you mean when you describe yourself as an honest person who does things in a calm and polite way? Sorry, but I disagree.

To all who are here for the right reasons, I am sorry about this off-topic discussion.

Absolutely relevant. A link to a thread that illustrated, in a previous instance when someone didn't agree with you, you put people on ignore and got bent out of shape . Pretty similar to what you did here. And while there's a number of reasons to change your user name, often it's done by a member who doesn't want other people to remember what they said or did, so your changing it in the middle of whatever dust-up you were getting in with someone then, if nothing else, is worth noting.

Also, it's been pointed out that a large part of why seerojas's PL status might have been overlooked was due to your not following up on it. The fact that you were looking for a way to wash your hands of the forum (when as it was pointed out to you in that thread, no one is forcing you or anyone else to be here) doesn't fit neatly with your claims that everything you're saying and doing here is in the "best interests of your fellow forum members". So again, it's relevant, since your primary defense of your actions -- you remember, actions like calling out Hector and babaooey and suggesting they endorse people ripping other people off -- is that you're doing so for the better good.

And if you can show me where I've been anything other than calm or polite in our discussion, be my guest. I've done nothing but present the facts as they've unfolded, with links to actual postings, so also feel free to link back to anything I've said or done that could be categorized as dishonest. I've told you already that I appreciated your bringing seerojas's actions back to the attention of everyone here. And I've tried to give your some helpful suggestions, since the path you're going on has been traveled by enough people before that it's not a surprise how it usually ends up. And for that, you're offended somehow. :facepalm:

Dude, you disagreed with him. :ohnoez:

I'm pretty sure that makes you evil incarnate.

I'm not sure as I don't have my Butthurt manual handy.

Let's get a list going

bababooey

jsilverjanet

RMA

ChiSoxFan

Additions

Jeffro

Junkdrawer

DR.X

?

?

Jeffro is a bit sketchy.

Doesn't look like there's any room left on the list for me pout

Dutch, I tried to help you out and bring your nomination to attention. However, throwing the names of some of the best boardies around on a list is beyond ridiculous. Several of the names on there are of people who would give their left arm to help someone out. None of their requests were unreasonable and at the very least an apology is in order on your part.

Let's get a list going

bababooey

jsilverjanet

RMA

ChiSoxFan

Additions

Jeffro

Junkdrawer

DR.X

?

?

Jeffro is a bit sketchy.

Modfro notified.

It's Friday

Nowwwww we're cooking. Please, Dutch, start a thread about it. You've been what this forum has been lacking for awhile. A full on public FDQ meltdown! :whee:

i3t7xj.gif

As silly as it may sound, I think a good FDQ would actually be good for the boards. Bring people back together for a reunion of sorts. lol

Last "list" I remember was the infamous list Cal kept of all the people he didn't like. I wonder if this one will get as long as that one.

And reactions like the quote above won't gain you support in the matter, but you'll have people like myself updating their "private lists" with another name instead. (shrug)

No problem, due to the ASM667 discussion you are already on my private list. As are Babaooey, Jsilverjanet and RMA

:sigh: :facepalm:

If you had done even a rudimentary check around here, my reputation for honest dealings and the way I treat people have spoken for themselves. The fact that you've made that decision, in the light of the fact that all I've done is simply try to give you friendly advice, in a calm, respectful fashion, tells me you're doing me a huge favor and speaks more about yourself than anything you think it might say about me.

I still wish you good luck getting your situation resolved, as no one deserves to get ripped off in a transaction. But if you think anything the four of us you name above did anything to warrant being put on a list to not be dealt with -- and if you somehow equate the people asking for more information about your situation or attempting to be helpful with the party you're accusing essentially of theft -- well, I'm questioning if anyone here is "worthy" enough to do business with you in the future. (shrug)

:applause:

-slym

Let's get a list going

bababooey

jsilverjanet

RMA

ChiSoxFan

Additions

Jeffro

Junkdrawer

DR.X

?

?

Jeffro is a bit sketchy.

Modfro notified.

Now that guy is a roaring dooooooooooosh.