• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

My point is valid, as I'm sure his is. At this point in time, I will await to hear from the rest of the board members to find out my outcome. I will respectfully honor their decision. My decision is to break the deal. I do not feel comfortable working with the seller at this time. It is my choice.

Thank you..

Could you at least outline what it was in October's PMs that made you feel uncomfortable? As Tim said, his PMs seemed totally without hostility to me.

Perhaps his syntax was slightly unruly? Or maybe you didn't like the spacing between his paragraphs?

OK as long as you realize you are failing to follow through on a sale with one of the most reputable sellers on the board, and therefore will be eligible to sit on the probation list indefinitely, where most here will not sell to you. If that's fine with you, that's fine with us :thumbsup:

If one is added to the Probo list, how long does one stay on it?
Until one makes good on the original deal or the offended party "release" them. Personally, I don't see why Sixx doesn't just send out another check?

OK as long as you realize you are failing to follow through on a sale with one of the most reputable sellers on the board, and therefore will be eligible to sit on the probation list indefinitely, where most here will not sell to you. If that's fine with you, that's fine with us :thumbsup:

Exactly what I was thinking. (thumbs u

so are you guys saying that you can never back out of a deal. even if you pm the person that you are backing out. (shrug)

No.. I was recently forced to back out of a deal because one of my FS threads fell flat on its face.. It is between the seller + buyer until someone is wronged and makes it public

so are you guys saying that you can never back out of a deal. even if you pm the person that you are backing out. (shrug)

Good question. I think it's okay if something changes, and I can remember one time I backed out of a PM deal because the set of scans I received showed serious foxing on the covers and I hate foxing. The seller and I agreed to drop it, since that was never disclosed.

But just backing out because you feel like it.. probably earns you a place on the list.

True. If the price was agreed upon and the books' condition and grade were disclosed, backing out just because of perceived "tone" of a PM in not a good excuse IMO.

Even if I bought a book for an agreed upon price and the seller told me "Here's your :censored: books!" I'd say "OK, :censored: thank you!" :sumo:

simply have the seller sign a release in the presence of a CGC witness

And slab the release.

I guess I am really not understanding why the buyer can't make good on sending another check to the correct address.

If I was him I would send the check 2-3 Priority mail with Del. confirmation and stop playing around.

Shut up. JK

If I were the buyer I would have completed the deal, and never dealt with the guy again.

And anyone who deals with me knows I use revolving paypal addresses. So I dont think october was out of line. If the check wasnt cashed I would take his word for it. Void the old one, and make payment.

At this point it doesnt matter if you think october was rude or is a jerk. Complete the deal and dont deal with him again.

I can understand breaking a deal if a seller or buyer acts like a total jerk, but in this case the buyer is unreasonably taking offense to some percieved "tone" issue. I don't think that's a good enough reason to welch on a deal.

True. If the price was agreed upon and the books' condition and grade were disclosed, backing out just because of perceived "tone" of a PM in not a good excuse IMO.

Even if I bought a book for an agreed upon price and the seller told me "Here's your :censored: books!" I'd say "OK, :censored: thank you!" :sumo:

:signfunny:

I guess I am really not understanding why the buyer can't make good on sending another check to the correct address.

If I was him I would send the check 2-3 Priority mail with Del. confirmation and stop playing around.

Shut up. JK

If I were the buyer I would have completed the deal, and never dealt with the guy again.

And anyone who deals with me knows I use revolving paypal addresses. So I dont think october was out of line. If the check wasnt cashed I would take his word for it. Void the old one, and make payment.

At this point it doesnt matter if you think october was rude or is a jerk. Complete the deal and dont deal with him again.

In a nutshell. :sumo: