• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Send the check. The seller has probably had buyers that have not paid in the past and fed him a ton of bull yet his messages seem pretty reasonable and fair. Bottom line, it would be a dark day in hell, or texas, before I didn't pay for what I said I would pay for and if a cheque didn't get there I would immediately Paypal or express mail another payment.

Other side of the coin, I had a agreed on sale on this board and the guy promised payment, it never arrived and he never replied to further p.m.s. I didn't make a big deal out of it as I really didn't want to sell the comic. Perhaps you haven't resent the cheque because you really don't want the comic either, but send the cheque.

Following the established guideline seems like due process to me. Cutting it short in an individual case would set a bad precedent for handling situations on the fly. A search by handle will get prospective sellers to the discussion here anyway, and right now it would be enough to personally make me say, "Sorry, no personal check, how about PayPal?"

I agree with the discussion in general--if the seller still wants the agreed deal, the buyer should try to follow through. Tone is irrelevant to an already agreed transaction. Maybe something can be negotiated before the 30 days. I know I have an extremely bad taste in my mouth right now about sending a check--and I researched what a good seller they were on the boards before sending. The difference being, my check was cashed and cleared my bank 29 days ago.

cheers, Leon@virtualeon.com

Do we even need to wait the full 30 days to put this guy on the list? He's already said he's not going to perform his end of the bargain.

Do we even need to wait the full 30 days to put this guy on the list? He's already said he's not going to perform his end of the bargain.

Well, say and do, are two entirely different things . . . this list works by facts and consensus. :foryou:

It's been 30 days. The books were originally sold over a month ago.

I assume you are refering to your transaction and not Leon's (even though you replied to Leon)? hm

Yes, mine.

Watch that tone. (tsk)

Excuses, I think your being alittle unfair. The check was sent. I don't need to make excuses, so let me make that crystal clear to you. At this point, I don't really care what conclusion you've come to. I'm not a one hit wonder on this board just because I don't have a big post count yet. I've communicated with everyone on here, and have paid for all goods. Anyone who has worked with me on here, can tell you that.

It was sent, the postal system lost it. You feel otherwise, so that's fine.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, thats the beauty of this country we live in.

Thanks..

Patrick

Who cares if you sent the check? It didn`t arrive, and still hasn`t arrived. What`s the difference between a check that`s mailed and never arrives, and a check that is never sent in the first place? From the recipient`s view, there is no difference.

If you DID mail it, then good for you, but since it hasn`t reached Andy yet, then whatever the reason is, you should send him a new check and cancel the first one.

My point is honestly, your tone was that you thought I was giving you a story the whole time. That twisted me, and thats why I said can the deal. My opinion or take if you will.

Wow, get defensive much? Are you reading the same PMs as the rest of us? Andy`s PMs are totally innocuous. There is no nasty or suspicious tone at all. The phrase that comes to mind immediately is "Thou doth protesteth too much." Maybe it`s just your guilty conscience? hm

You make me laugh. Right, I have nothing better to do then stiff someone for $80.00. Take it as you will, My point is valid, as I'm sure his is. At this point in time, I will await to hear from the rest of the board members to find out my outcome. I will respectfully honor their decision. My decision is to break the deal. I do not feel comfortable working with the seller at this time. It is my choice.

Thank you..

It's real simple, if you hit the :takeit: then pay for the books or go bother another site. (Check lost in the mail is not paying for the books). It's not really that difficult. Anyone on these boards who thinks sixx should be let off the hook, please send me some of what you are smoking. I can't believe there is even a discussion on it.

Excuses, I think your being alittle unfair. The check was sent. I don't need to make excuses, so let me make that crystal clear to you. At this point, I don't really care what conclusion you've come to. I'm not a one hit wonder on this board just because I don't have a big post count yet. I've communicated with everyone on here, and have paid for all goods. Anyone who has worked with me on here, can tell you that.

It was sent, the postal system lost it. You feel otherwise, so that's fine.

You have your opinion, and I have mine, thats the beauty of this country we live in.

Thanks..

Patrick

Who cares if you sent the check? It didn`t arrive, and still hasn`t arrived. What`s the difference between a check that`s mailed and never arrives, and a check that is never sent in the first place? From the recipient`s view, there is no difference.

If you DID mail it, then good for you, but since it hasn`t reached Andy yet, then whatever the reason is, you should send him a new check and cancel the first one.

My point is honestly, your tone was that you thought I was giving you a story the whole time. That twisted me, and thats why I said can the deal. My opinion or take if you will.

Wow, get defensive much? Are you reading the same PMs as the rest of us? Andy`s PMs are totally innocuous. There is no nasty or suspicious tone at all. The phrase that comes to mind immediately is "Thou doth protesteth too much." Maybe it`s just your guilty conscience? hm

You make me laugh. Right, I have nothing better to do then stiff someone for $80.00. Take it as you will, My point is valid, as I'm sure his is. At this point in time, I will await to hear from the rest of the board members to find out my outcome. I will respectfully honor their decision. My decision is to break the deal. I do not feel comfortable working with the seller at this time. It is my choice.

Thank you..

It's real simple, if you hit the :takeit: then pay for the books or go bother another site. (Check lost in the mail is not paying for the books). It's not really that difficult. Anyone on these boards who thinks sixx should be let off the hook, please send me some of what you are smoking. I can't believe there is even a discussion on it.

would that be the wacky tabacky ? lol never touch the stuff :banana:

:acclaim:

May I infer that you are celebrating the wacky tabacky...or that you never touch the stuff? Or this belongs in the "Ask Greggy" thread? :shrug:

Apologies to Toby Keith:

I always heard that his herb was top shelf

And Lord I just could not wait to find out for myself

Don't knock it til' you tried it, Well I tried it my friend

I'll never smoke weed with greggy again

Now we learned a hard lesson in a small BC town

He fired up a fat boy and he passed it around

The last words that I spoke before they tucked me in

("I may collect 100 pagers.")

But I'll never smoke weed with greggy again

My parties all over before it begins

You can read me some sweet romance comics, my friend

We hopped on his old bus, the Sweet S-17

The party was Wizard World, if you know what I mean.

Alone by Harley Yee's Booth, just me and him,

I took one parting puff and the grim creeper set in.

My parties all over before it begins

You can read me some sweet romance comics my friend

Now we're reading some Girl's Loves, we're telling good jokes

I can tell ones a-comin' cause I'm smelling the smoke

No I do not partake, I just let it pass by

With a grin on my face and a great contact high

In the fetal position with drool on our chins

We broke down and smoked weed with greggy again.

I had hoped I would never have to post here, but sadly I must.

I nominate boechler be added to the Probation List, justification as follows:

Agreement to buy books from him July 6, and payment was mailed to him the next day. First inquiry about the status of books made towards end of July, with response of having been too busy. Inquiry #2 made near end of August, with response being he wrote the wrong address and the post office screwed up by never informing him the package was returned to the post office. Inquiry #3 made over a week ago, PM has not been read.

I think that's been long enough.

Interesting. I purchased a FF48 VG/FN from him and sent it back to him because of some undisclosed stained pages. It took him two months to send me my refund. He has a long list of excuses, uh, I mean reasons: so busy, away from home, wife is on crutches... Also, he does not accept Paypal which should have tipped me off. At least I got my money back.

Sorry to hear of your guys trouble with him. I sent him a couple of hundred bucks for a raw book and everything turned out fine. (lucky me I guess)

I think he might know Skinny-White-Boy shoot him a PM and maybe skinny will break some legs.

I PM'd someone else who knew boechler - he said he hadn't seen him in quite a while. The PM I sent to boechler a month ago still hasn't been read. Don't know whether he's still alive ...

Well good luck with your purchase hope it all gets worked out.

The books I ordered from boechler arrived today.

It turned out that he had (mistakenly) thought that he had completed the deal. He hadn't logged on here since August and so was unaware that I hadn't received them. The two and a half week shipping time via CanadaPost-USPS added to the delay. The matter is now closed.

Thanks boechler for restoring my faith.

Agreement to buy books from him July 6, and payment was mailed to him the next day. First inquiry about the status of books made towards end of July, with response of having been too busy. Inquiry #2 made near end of August, with response being he wrote the wrong address and the post office screwed up by never informing him the package was returned to the post office. Inquiry #3 made over a week ago, PM has not been read.

Interesting. I purchased a FF48 VG/FN from him and sent it back to him because of some undisclosed stained pages. It took him two months to send me my refund. He has a long list of excuses, uh, I mean reasons: so busy, away from home, wife is on crutches... Also, he does not accept Paypal which should have tipped me off. At least I got my money back.

Sorry to hear of your guys trouble with him. I sent him a couple of hundred bucks for a raw book and everything turned out fine. (lucky me I guess)

I think he might know Skinny-White-Boy shoot him a PM and maybe skinny will break some legs.

I PM'd someone else who knew boechler - he said he hadn't seen him in quite a while. The PM I sent to boechler a month ago still hasn't been read. Don't know whether he's still alive ...

It turned out that he had (mistakenly) thought that he had completed the deal. He hadn't logged on here since August and so was unaware that I hadn't received them. The two and a half week shipping time via CanadaPost-USPS added to the delay. The matter is now closed.

:applause:

:applause:
:applause::applause: