• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Paying any artist 100% upfront is as banana fo fana as bananaland gets.

If you get lucky, super lucky, they keep their promise and their deadline.

I've commissioned well over 100 pieces over the years and a small deposit and payment upon delivery keeps everyone motivated and respectful...and friendly.

lol

You're right, I did only pay half until he was ready to ship.

I've commissioned well over 100 pieces over the years and a small deposit and payment upon delivery keeps everyone motivated and respectful...and friendly.

lol

You're right, I did only pay half until he was ready to ship.

Gotta give them some incentive beyond faith in good intentions. (thumbs u

If a commission went on for more than 6 months after the promised delivery date I would advise the artist I was asking for a refund in the next 7 days. If it didn't appear I would:

1) Print off proof I paid $ X

2) Print off all the emails showing what what type of work was agreed upon, the size of the work, what format to be completed (pencil/pen/marker/paint), what dates we agreed upon for the work to be delivered.

3) Walk into the County Attorney's office with all of the above and swear out a warrant for either misdemeanor or felony theft depending on the amount of the commission.

Might not work in a big city but us little town people could get that warrant issued.

lol

You gave me an idea here. 1/2 up front at the strip club for a lap dance, and the other half upon satisfaction? How do you think that will go over?

lol

You gave me an idea here. 1/2 up front at the strip club for a lap dance, and the other half upon satisfaction? How do you think that will go over?

Sticky situation

lol

hm

lol

Let us know how that works out for you.

lol

I've only been to a handful of clubs, but I've never paid up front for a dance. Always when I was done.

lol

I've only been to a handful of clubs, but I've never paid up front for a dance. Always when I was done.

Was just about to say something similar. About 1/2 of the clubs I've been in, they charge up-front for the dance. The other half, you pay at the end of your song(s).

I've been in too many strip clubs.

Hey guys, have a question about a possible probation issue.

I'm running a cast signed Force Awakens opp. We were looking to have Ford, Hamill, Driver, Fisher, Mayhew, Daniels, and Baker plus we are looking at adding about 5-6 others. Baker passed away...but 1) he actually is NOT in the cast of Force Awakens. Jimmy Vee played R2 in this movie and 2) when dealing in the cast book, it's still a cast book,

We already have money into the books and someone ordered one and since Baker can't sign they asked about backing out. I told them that the books have been started and it was a non-refundable deposit and the above issue with Baker vs Vee and he said ok.

Then out of nowhere over a week later he opens a case with Paypal that the item isn't as described. Paypal sided with me. Then he open a non-received case and because I can't provide tracking since the book won't be done until Jan and Paypal sided with him.

As I've already gotten money into this, he didn't have a problem when he first contacted me, is this something that should go on the probation list?

Any chance death is mentioned in the original contract? What would happen if the death was one of the more 'major' actors? Or more than one?

Hey guys, have a question about a possible probation issue.

I'm running a cast signed Force Awakens opp. We were looking to have Ford, Hamill, Driver, Fisher, Mayhew, Daniels, and Baker plus we are looking at adding about 5-6 others. Baker passed away...but 1) he actually is NOT in the cast of Force Awakens. Jimmy Vee played R2 in this movie and 2) when dealing in the cast book, it's still a cast book,

We already have money into the books and someone ordered one and since Baker can't sign they asked about backing out. I told them that the books have been started and it was a non-refundable deposit and the above issue with Baker vs Vee and he said ok.

Then out of nowhere over a week later he opens a case with Paypal that the item isn't as described. Paypal sided with me. Then he open a non-received case and because I can't provide tracking since the book won't be done until Jan and Paypal sided with him.

As I've already gotten money into this, he didn't have a problem when he first contacted me, is this something that should go on the probation list?

Tough one. I'm assuming you wanted to get Baker to sign it originally since he was somehow involved with Star Wars or you would have left his name off the list. I'd have expected the buyer to have the balls to tell you he was backing out but a lot of people prefer to avoid conflicts and maybe he changed his stance after sleeping on it. I'd have probably refunded his deposit once I got the notice from Paypal but I'd definitely not deal with him again after he went to Paypal rather then being direct.

Any chance death is mentioned in the original contract? What would happen if the death was one of the more 'major' actors? Or more than one?

Good question, or, a cast member had backed out or for whatever reason could not appear...

Since the buyer seems to have waffled back and forth, they certainly look bad in the circumstances, but in principle if I had paid for a given line up and that line up was changed, I would consider it a new and different deal from the one I had agreed to in the first instance. 2c

I just won't do business with him in the future. Baker not being part of the cast was my sole reason for feeling that the deal should stand. Had it been anyone else who was actually IN the movie, I would have agreed with him.

Thanks all.

I just won't do business with him in the future. Baker not being part of the cast was my sole reason for feeling that the deal should stand. Had it been anyone else who was actually IN the movie, I would have agreed with him.

Thanks all.

I agree that he shouldn't have given you the run around with Paypal... but it could go either way on this one.

You deal in high end listings... and it's hard to close the door on high end collectible customers. Try to extinguish the fires on that burning bridge and keep that customer for the next signature op :foryou:

xxx ooo

Rupp