• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am not friends with Chip but he does show recent activity on Facebook. May want to try and contact him there or his Gofund me page.

You're wasting your time. Anyone who sent money to Chip shouldn't expect to get anything in return. If you do, consider it a lottery win.

There is nothing at all surprising about this. It's not hard to send someone a PM or make a post. Hell I know he was going to the public library at one point to use the internet. Even if you're homeless that option still exists.

Fact is that it appears he's resorted to theft. Considering his history, I'm not surprised.

I am not friends with Chip but he does show recent activity on Facebook. May want to try and contact him there or his Gofund me page.

You're wasting your time. Anyone who sent money to Chip shouldn't expect to get anything in return. If you do, consider it a lottery win.

There is nothing at all surprising about this. It's not hard to send someone a PM or make a post. Hell I know he was going to the public library at one point to use the internet. Even if you're homeless that option still exists.

Fact is that it appears he's resorted to theft. Considering his history, I'm not surprised.

I don't know if im ready to go that far yet.

Wanna make a friendly wager? I'll take my side and if proven correct, you buy a round of beers?

I guess it depends what your definition of "theft" is. I don't think Chip started that thread with the intention of ripping people off...but you never know what people are capable of doing in an extreme situation.

Wanna make a friendly wager? I'll take my side and if proven correct, you buy a round of beers?

hm I don't know that we would ever reach a real conclusion though. What I anticipate is a lot of excuses and then people may get their stuff. It would be more of a business dispute and not theft, especially since some got their items. At least if we are talking in legal terms. Board wise I am totally onboard with him being on the PL as soon as possible.

To be clear though, I am not defending him. Prior posts will show I was hard on him and offered to help him get his finances in order with a system several months ago. I never got one pm taking me up on the help.

I've always liked Chip and I really feel for him during his down period but I'm hoping this prompts him to set things right. He said a month ago "I'm not going anywhere so your stuff will get to you. I'm working on it. Thanks for your patience." I hope he lives up to his words.

I've always liked Chip and I really feel for him during his down period but I'm hoping this prompts him to set things right. He said a month ago "I'm not going anywhere so your stuff will get to you. I'm working on it. Thanks for your patience." I hope he lives up to his words.

The unfortunate truth is this is not new development for him. He constantly surrounds himself with drama. He's problems are not going to be solved on the board. He needs some serious soul searching and possibly professional help.

I never bought anything from him but sold him a few thing without issue. That being said if you pay attention you can always tell the people not to buy from. I am more of a you get only one chance on forums. You have a deal go south and I will pass even a good deal by.

Given the circumstances surrounding Chip I would ask that this particular probation nomination be toned down and kept factual. We all like the memes that go along with a PL nomination, but I think this one requires a bit more tact than normal.

+1

Hopefully the PL or threat of PL acts as it was intended, and compels the party to make things right. Especially in this case, the 'extras' may not assist in the 'compelling', but rather may have unintended and possibly extreme ancillary effects.

Ok.

Fact: Chip's Facebook account has been logged into on December 27th at the latest to reflect Carrie Fisher's death. The cover photo / wallpaper was changed on that date. Unless someone stole his account he has had access to a computer as late as that day.

Given the circumstances surrounding Chip I would ask that this particular probation nomination be toned down and kept factual. We all like the memes that go along with a PL nomination, but I think this one requires a bit more tact than normal.

+1

Hopefully the PL or threat of PL acts as it was intended, and compels the party to make things right. Especially in this case, the 'extras' may not assist in the 'compelling', but rather may have unintended and possibly extreme ancillary effects.

Tend to agree. I thought some dealers here actually consign(ed) books to Chip to to sell?

Might be mistaken but was it Vintage Comics or someone else? Curious if

he has followed through on those transactions and is in contact with anyone.

He can't be that difficult to get a hold of if he's updating his Facebook.

I guess it depends what your definition of "theft" is. I don't think Chip started that thread with the intention of ripping people off...but you never know what people are capable of doing in an extreme situation.

And some people cloak themselves with "extreme" situations whether they be actual, illusory, self-inflicted, or innocent. This isn't Chips first go around with a hobby or collectibles business online that's left people holding the bag, crying foul, and Chip at the center of it.

http://megomuseum.com/community/archive/index.php/t-2791.html

How many times can someone claim being adrift in a sea of hardship and suffering as a reason for not holding up their end of a bargain?

PS. That link is one of several from several different boards where trading mayhem has followed him. Coincidence?