• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Since the mods are hands off with this and we as board members have to self monitor, why don't we as a community come up with definate rules to oversee the transactions. would it be wrong to say that if it came to be known that 95% of the members decide that if you have 2 or 3 "strikes" then you are banned from selling or buying?

i guess what i'm saying is we as a whole have to come to a consensus as to what will be allowable and what will not since the mods will not have any hand in this and start to police ourselves in a more thourogh manner with defined limits and accountability?

the last thing i want to see is it get so bad here that the selling boards are removed completely.

j

It's simple make a Prison list and a Probation list. Repeat offenders even if they make good are left on the probation. I know that some people who had problems with CapFreak didn't know about his multiple appearances on the list from deals gone bad because he kept getting taken off. If you haven't been a member for a long time how would you know that there have been problems in the past?

I've heard it said in the past the Probation List is for there so people can decide whether they want to deal with a person, it doesn't actually ban anyone from buying or selling. So even if someone makes good it should still be out there for newer members that "Hey this person has up, maybe I can figure out if I want to deal with them" Instead of doing a deal have it go wrong and hear, "Oh yeah they've been on the list multiple times before, but they made good... eventually." Some people just don't want a potential headache and would decide not to take the risk but if they have no idea they are screwed.

The Prison list can be for those who never wind up making good.

If I may suggest:

Perhaps there should be a locked probation list thread accessible only by this forums moderators and this massive discussion thread become the "probation discussion thread"

First of all I just want to say "THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!"

I've just spent an hour reading through all of this, I don't even have to watch TV anymore.

But that I completely agree with Sub.

Problems with sellers should stay in the Sellers forum, discussion and all.

The probation list really does not change that much and would not tax the mods too much to give them the only access. Once it's decided that someone is on probation then they should be asked to change the list by a very short few pre-determined members (probably Divad as one, lol).

But again, mods don't participate in the transactions taking place in the marketplace to include management of any sort of probation list--which Arch (and I believe Dena as well) have made pretty clear. This sort of thing needs to be self-monitored and policed.

If I may suggest:

Perhaps there should be a locked probation list thread accessible only by this forums moderators and this massive discussion thread become the "probation discussion thread"

I've just spent an hour reading through all of this, I don't even have to watch TV anymore.

The probation list really does not change that much and would not tax the mods too much to give them the only access. Once it's decided that someone is on probation then they should be asked to change the list by a very short few pre-determined members (probably Divad as one, lol).

But again, mods don't participate in the transactions taking place in the marketplace to include management of any sort of probation list--which Arch (and I believe Dena as well) have made pretty clear. This sort of thing needs to be self-monitored and policed.

But then who are cgcmod5, cgcmod6, cgcmod7? ???

I was under the assumption that certain long term members of our community operated as volunteers under those aliases to assist the salaried members of CGC.

If I'm wrong would it be so hard to pass a name on every month or two via PM or have one of the moderators of the VCC subforum do this every other month or so?

I just really think we need a thread to specifically discuss probation issues as a community before a communal consensus is reached and the preference seems to be to leave the general discussion thread for everything else.

If I may suggest:

But then who are cgcmod5, cgcmod6, cgcmod7? ???

I was under the assumption that certain long term members of our community operated as volunteers under those aliases to assist the salaried members of CGC.

If I'm wrong would it be so hard to pass a name on every month or two via PM or have one of the moderators of the VCC subforum do this every other month or so?

I just really think we need a thread to specifically discuss probation issues as a community before a communal consensus is reached and the preference seems to be to leave the general discussion thread for everything else.

Best not to get the mods involved.

This place is like eBay use to in 1999 with only feedback to guide you, and even better with no fees.

Everybody says they liked eBay better back in the good old days...

That's because you want to pay only $75 per box 0f 300 Bronze comics shipped! LOOK who's being deceptive!!! I am done responding on this thread, I will address whomever via pm.

"MYNAMEISLEGION" quotes -ComicSeekers just cancelled my paypal request for a partial refund. I'm fully prepared to go nuclear. :tonofbricks:

No, I think it's because he doesn't want to pay $150 a box for water damaged comics and 50 copies of Heroes, Inc. You have scammed. You will never regain your reputation, now. You may be deluding yourself into believing you have not scammed people with these boxes, but as far as I can tell, everyone who has bought one feels like you have taken them. Your profile says you're a business owner. I'm a business owner, too, and I know what reputation is worth. Yours is now trashed. Tell me, was it worth it?

Edited by Weird Paper

First off, don't come on these boards slandering my name! No one said that they were all water damaged comics or there were 50 copies of Heroes Inc in each box.

For a businessowner such as yourself you need to gather all the facts before pointing fingers.

I have addressed this matter with the buyers who were unhappy via PM, and I addressed the matter on this thread a few posts ago.

Whether people purchase my comics in the future is entirely up to them, my selling reputation before this is and has been very good! Just check the kudo's thread!

Like I stated previously I would never intentially deceive anyone here on this board or anywhere else. But I do need to defend myself against people such as yourself who did not purchase anything from me and starts passing judgement.

That's because you want to pay only $75 per box 0f 300 Bronze comics shipped! LOOK who's being deceptive!!! I am done responding on this thread, I will address whomever via pm.

"MYNAMEISLEGION" quotes -ComicSeekers just cancelled my paypal request for a partial refund. I'm fully prepared to go nuclear. :tonofbricks:

No, I think it's because he doesn't want to pay $150 a box for water damaged comics and 50 copies of Heroes, Inc. You have scammed. You will never regain your reputation, now. You may be deluding yourself into believing you have not scammed people with these boxes, but as far as I can tell, everyone who has bought one feels like you have taken them. Your profile says you're a business owner. I'm a business owner, too, and I know what reputation is worth. Yours is now trashed. Tell me, was it worth it?

my selling reputation before this is and has been very good! Just check the kudo's thread!

:roflmao:

You guys are way too kind. Any schnook who rips someone off in this community should be blacklisted permanently. Look at all the repeat offenders.

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

PMS,

May I refer you to post #1 in this thread? That should clear up your confusion. :)

cheers,

-d

It's probably time to expand the potential offenses that can get someone on probation. I agree we don't want every grading dispute discussed here, but this situation isn't a grading dispute, but rather an allegation of a wider scam that involves demonstrable and substantial misrepresentations in a selling thread.

As a buyer I want to know when something like this happens, and I want a record of who has done this kind of thing to refer to at all times (like the locked thread idea, or the Prison/probation idea). I'm sure very few people knew that CS had been on the list twice already, but if they had I bet those boxes wouldn't have sold.

We're attracting lots of new sellers to this forum, and we need to proactively police what's going on or it's going to hurt sales for everyone. This thread has been very useful (kudos to David), but it probably needs some revision imo.

Why hasnt someone that received more then x number of copies of an issue or received water damage books posted pics yet?

Haven't gotten my box yet. But I intend to post pics of what I get. I suspect the other's haven't posted pics because they hope to resolve quietly with Sergio, I suppose.

I truly feel bad for the buyers left with these boxes. I don't have any fight in this and don't want to clutter up this thread any further but someone had requested a list of member that were ever on probation. This is the original list I posted on 05/26/09.

Here's the running list of removed offenders that I compiled yesterday. In alpha order.

boechler added 9/19/08 - Removed 11/08/08

Cap_FFreak or CAP Freak added 6/20/07 - Removed on 9/30/07 - Back on 10/11/07 - Removed 10/20/07 - Added 5/21/09

Chi Bamm added 8/7/07 - Removed 8/30/07 *Was called in for reserve duty in Iraq

comicseekers added 6/1/07 - Removed on 7/6/07

daken2626 added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/13/07

Dbostejano added 10/12/08 - Removed 4/09/09

DiceX added 12/7/07 - Removed 1/16/08

Fandango added 11/7/07 - Removed 2/20/08

Golf Clap Graemlin added 10/22/07 - Removed 10/23/07

Hobo added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/14/08

HUSH added 10/11/07 - Removed 10/12/07

IITravel - added 3/28/07 - Removed 6/1/07

Joker-Fish added 8/9/07 - Removed 9/13/08

klozd24seven added 2/2/08 - Removed 2/19/08

lighthouse added 6/13/07 - Removed on 6/20/07 - Back on 9/30/07

Matmarvel added 2/14/08 - Removed 2/15/08

newkingintown added 10/18/07 - Removed 5/20/08

old man added 7/06/07 - Removed sometime before 8/16/07 - Back on 12/7/07 - Removed 5/21/08

spongerob86 added 2/21/08 - Removed 8/15/08

TVanderZwaag added 3/12/09 - Removed 3/12/09

The Internet don't lie! :insane:

I am confused.

A buyer posted a complaint, the consensus is it is a valid complaint. The title of this thread is Probation Thread: for forum sales problems. Seems like this is a problem again the consensus here is the seller ripped off the buyers.

Seems to me this is EXACTLY the proper place for this be posted, and it seems the seller should be added to the probation thread. So why is this not the place to report scams from sellers on the forums, and why is the seller not listed? It looks like possibly a member who has been around a long time may be getting a free pass,

PMS,

May I refer you to post #1 in this thread? That should clear up your confusion. :)

cheers,

-d

It does not, my original question still stands.

And if this is soley a complaint thread for non payment, then it seems that the whole allybat fiasco should not have made the list and thus to be fair he and all mention of his scam should be removed from the list.

Well, I question your level of reading comprehension then . . . :whistle:

It's a complaint thread for non-payment and non-delivery - it's not a "he calimed it was NM and it was only a VF+" complaint thread, but thanks for asking. :grin:

The "alleybat fiasco" was added by another board member, but I have no reason from what I've seen to question the veracity of the poster or circumstances which led to its inclusion here.

Actually I do not care what you think about my level of treading comprehension. This complaint belongs here, period. There is no point in multiple probation threads for bad buyers/sellers and since there is already a person listed as a scammer then it stands to reason that scammers belong here.

You're a Newb...and you can't spell or type...this is divad's realm and divad's call...your opinion has been downgraded...now go home... :makepoint:

"First off, don't come on these boards slandering my name! No one said that they were all water damaged comics or there were 50 copies of Heroes Inc in each box.

For a businessowner such as yourself you need to gather all the facts before pointing fingers.

I have addressed this matter with the buyers who were unhappy via PM, and I addressed the matter on this thread a few posts ago.

Whether people purchase my comics in the future is entirely up to them, my selling reputation before this is and has been very good! Just check the kudo's thread!

Like I stated previously I would never intentially deceive anyone here on this board or anywhere else. But I do need to defend myself against people such as yourself who did not purchase anything from me and starts passing judgement."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUDE u have been on the blacklist TWICE so we can take from it what we want It looks bad to be on there once but TWICE?? And your bragging about your rep? lol Thats a good one..

Hmmm I was on the probation list twice but im an honest seller?? WTF man? And what the hell does owning a business have anything to do with passing judgement anyways? What an idiotic statement..You have done enought to damage your rep with all your lies and scam so we as a the public can decide to buy from you or not..

Looks like most people will not.Even if you give them a refund doesnt make it right does it? You have stated that dont want to defend yourself anymore but yet you make some blanket statement that doesnt address anyones concerns that have been posted..

If you make the "list" twice Cmon people This guy should not be allowed to do anything on these boards..How can this guy have the gall to make the statement saying" My reputation has been good before this?? HUH>. twice on the list and thats good Dont kid yourself ace /// NOT GOOD!!

Pull the plug on this guy!!

I am confused.

PMS,

cheers,

-d

And if this is soley a complaint thread for non payment, then it seems that the whole allybat fiasco should not have made the list and thus to be fair he and all mention of his scam should be removed from the list.

It's a complaint thread for non-payment and non-delivery - it's not a "he calimed it was NM and it was only a VF+" complaint thread, but thanks for asking. :grin:

The "alleybat fiasco" was added by another board member, but I have no reason from what I've seen to question the veracity of the poster or circumstances which led to its inclusion here.

Actually I do not care what you think about my level of treading comprehension. This complaint belongs here, period. There is no point in multiple probation threads for bad buyers/sellers and since there is already a person listed as a scammer then it stands to reason that scammers belong here.

You're a Newb...and you can't spell or type...this is divad's realm and divad's call...your opinion has been downgraded...now go home... :makepoint:

I assume you're kidding.......?

So, Bosco had my whole FS thread removed because I had an older picture of an Invincible #2 up in my thread :meh:

so, if i understand rule #7 correctly, if i have 3 copies of the same book up for sale (Copy A, B and C), i have to have three different scans?

wow.

So, Bosco had my whole FS thread removed because I had an older picture of an Invincible #2 up in my thread :meh:

so, if i understand rule #7 correctly, if i have 3 copies of the same book up for sale (Copy A, B and C), i have to have three different scans?

wow.

Would you buy a book that was sold with a stock photo so you cannot judge for yourself ahead of time its condition? I doubt it.

I am confused.

PMS,

cheers,

-d

I assume you're kidding.......?

Well...sortof...but I really don't appreciate the pushy attitude...it's just semantics at some point scamming vs not following through on a marketplace transaction...Alleybat took money and didn't provide the book...scam/failed transaction...anyone can apply scam to failed transaction...

While these meltdowns can be fun reads...and don't get me wrong, informative as well...divad as well as others pointed out and requested the "discussion" be moved to the Discussion thread...after it's all hashed out and the guilty are determined it can be returned here and put forth for probation as deemed fitting...

While I don't appreciate scammers and bad deals, I don't appreciate newcomers running roughshod over established conventions that have withstood the test of time... meh

wow.

I don't think you have to do that, but I do think all the photos you do post have to be books you are listing for sale.

In other words, you could do

Book A $x dollars (shown below)

Book B $y dollars (not shown)

(photo of Book A)

but you were doing this

Book A $x dollars

Book B $y dollars

(random photo that may or may not be one of the above books)

There is a BIG difference.