• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

As I recall, there were the multiple failed transactions, some of which still appear unresolved. Aggravating this was a pattern of deception and promising a resolution/shipment when one was not forthcoming. Also without referring back, I believe there was a repeat offender element where there was some sort of problem in the distant past as well. hm Could be wrong, but I believe someone can jump in and give more detail if I have that right.

Edited by Snake Eyes

I knew skulls and bones were involved! lol

Sorry guys--I've been on vacation in FL for two weeks with limited online access, and the last I heard, Dan was beginning to make good on his failed deals. Guess he fell back off.

Sorry guys--I've been on vacation in FL for two weeks with limited online access, and the last I heard, Dan was beginning to make good on his failed deals. Guess he fell back off.

I may be wrong, but this rash of failed transactions is not the first time something like this has happened.

There was an entirely different incident in the past involving buyers not getting what they paid for if I remember correctly.

The HOS was not about just what happened right now, but about the entirety of the resume.

I may be wrong, but this rash of failed transactions is not the first time something like this has happened.

There was an entirely different incident in the past involving buyers not getting what they paid for if I remember correctly.

The HOS was not about just what happened right now, but about the entirety of the resume.

That's my understanding - this wasn't an isolated incident, but the work of a repeat offender.

I think this was the first time.

:eek:

This is just pure win:

Everyone who tried to turn me into something i'm not and totally make me sick about this hobby can take their silver age precious 9.6 books and stick it up their you know whats. That CGC ship is going to crash and you cannibals are taking it down with you.

but where did the voting /debate take place to put him on the HoS list?

It was a very secret ballot, kept just amongst a few Skull & Bones individuals.

:baiting:

All 94 of them, which 79% (74 forumites) voted to put him in the HOS.

Thedanimal HOS poll

75% of vote needed to get into baseball HOF, so here shouldn't be different imho

This is just pure win:

Everyone who tried to turn me into something i'm not and totally make me sick about this hobby can take their silver age precious 9.6 books and stick it up their you know whats. That CGC ship is going to crash and you cannibals are taking it down with you.

Couple that FDQ exit with the stance he took on that Tec 37 that he felt his friend was cheated out of by Yannis earlier this year and you can really sense the hypocrisy present in his actions. Leaves an especially bad taste in people's mouths.

TheDamnable has no enemies. He's only intensely disliked by his friends... who are waiting for their refunds.

When he leaves, we'll always have his posts to reminisce how well he handled himself in a situation when someone deigns to change their mind and give a refund.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=3981209&Search=true#Post3981209

He seems like a nice guy, but where the hell is he? That was NOT a smart move hiding in a bunker and hoping that the smoke clears. Kind of cowardly if you ask me.

I have to agree, Dan. Only a weak individual would commit to selling an item, then disappear and not follow up to clear up the situation.

:applause:

Wait. Is one of those, "Do as I say - not as I do" statements?

:sorry:

:bump:

This is just pure win:

Couple that FDQ exit with the stance he took on that Tec 37 that he felt his friend was cheated out of by Yannis earlier this year and you can really sense the hypocrisy present in his actions. Leaves an especially bad taste in people's mouths.

Like finishing your omelette-then reading the News

This is just pure win:

Eerily prophetic! :insane:

:roflmao:

also, how did he find out where I keep my 9.6 SA books? I need better curtains...

I have no stake in this but why is he even in the HoS list? He got himself into some kind of jam but pulled out of it and made good. If he delivered the books he should be removed.

He only started following through once:

1) He was placed in the HOS.

2) His poor girlfriend had to kick him in the arse to get him to follow through on honoring his transaction.

Please don't assume he is doing this out of the goodness of his heart. That went away over a month ago when he should have resolved this entire situation. And he has STILL not resolved all the outstanding transactions.

PLUS he promised to make good once, didn't follow through with that and time went by before he promised to make good AGAIN. And like Nick said only 1 or 2 boardies have gotten their books from him. He deserves to be in the HOS.

I understand that he is a repeat offender from reading this thread at the start of this problem. However, it was only once other time and I thought HoS members were 3x offenders.

I don't believe he is doing this to make any members right but I will keep my opinions to myself as they are not kind. I am not defending his actions rather trying to get a handle on how the HoS is being handled.

I don't believe he is doing this to make any members right but I will keep my opinions to myself as they are not kind. I am not defending his actions rather trying to get a handle on how the HoS is being handled.

He's rightsiding members now?? :eek:

:baiting:

It's a good question on how the HOS is being conducted. From what I have witnessed, it is either repeat offenders or someone that conducts themselves in such a way it is decided by the majority the forumite could be an on-going threat to future transactions (e.g. TFL's $25K "I'm not going to pay it - just because"). It does not have to be a 3x event to put them in the HOS.

So the scenario we had to deal with was the following. Dan owes fellow forumites items which he then decided not to send (so far we have been told due to a car accident or some life event that was unexpected). He tells his buyers the items are finally on the way when they weren't. Then, it turns out he is thinking it over what he will do ( ??? ). Finally, it is his girlfriend - Kingsley - that is having to clean up his mess, just so people will stop involving her in Dan's transactions - totally unfair to her AND the buyers involved.

This is a sign of a troubled soul that just cannot be trusted to conduct themselves professionally on our boards as a seller or a buyer. I'm not even going to touch upon the example he is setting for his future child in great detail - that's his own cross to bear.

:gossip: By the way, I added Kingsley's name so Drama-Nuclear doesn't strike again. :insane:

Edited by Bosco685