• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I am not trying to beat a drum but just highlight the history. That's it. If he didn't block Menace then this would have been handled discretely. I am happy that both parties worked out their problems.

But if you read a few pages after Jeff's initial post, it was clear what happened between him and the buyer.

Now if Jeff filed a Paypal dispute without working things out with Jake, then we would be comparing the same situation. They read differently.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3968287&fpart=51

I am not trying to beat a drum but just highlight the history. That's it. If he didn't block Menace then this would have been handled discretely. I am happy that both parties worked out their problems.

I'm glad you brought it up. It is a great example of how I deal with the situation being on the other side of the transaction.

I doubt my 2c matters much, but for the record I've both bought and sold to Jeff, and I have found him to be fantastic to deal with. He's one of the most solid guys I've dealt with on these boards, so I'm glad this situation has been resolved. I would never hesitate to transact with him.

I'm new around here so i wanted to ask you guys how to handle this situation.

In one of my sales threads last month, a boardie posted the :takeit: for a book on January 26th. On the 28th, i PM'd him asking if he wanted me to invoice him right away or wait until i finished posting all the books i was selling to see if there was anything else he wanted. The response was to wait and he would look to see if there were any other books he wanted.

I closed the thread and invoiced him on February 5th for the book he posted an unconditional :takeit: on. That PM has been unread by him since February 5th and he hasnt posted on the boards since January 28th.

It's now over 2 weeks since that date and no word whatsoever from him. How should this be handled?

Thanks,

Jason

In one of my sales threads last month, a boardie posted the :takeit: for a book on January 26th. On the 28th, i PM'd him asking if he wanted me to invoice him right away or wait until i finished posting all the books i was selling to see if there was anything else he wanted. The response was to wait and he would look to see if there were any other books he wanted.

I closed the thread and invoiced him on February 5th for the book he posted an unconditional :takeit: on. That PM has been unread by him since February 5th and he hasnt posted on the boards since January 28th.

It's now over 2 weeks since that date and no word whatsoever from him. How should this be handled?

Thanks,

Jason

J,

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I would give it another week. Then post the guy's name. Not as a Probation thing, because it wouldn't have been 30 days since the invoice. But to see if he has any compadres on the Boards that might be able to track him down outside the Boards.

It may be a situation where life crept up on him and he hasn't been able to check the Boards and it has just slipped off his radar. But once you get to 30 days, you pretty much should go full on Proby thread to protect the community. He will still have a chance to make it right and get off the list.

Thanks,

Jason

J,

This is just my opinion so take it for what it is worth. I would give it another week. Then post the guy's name. Not as a Probation thing, because it wouldn't have been 30 days since the invoice. But to see if he has any compadres on the Boards that might be able to track him down outside the Boards.

It may be a situation where life crept up on him and he hasn't been able to check the Boards and it has just slipped off his radar. But once you get to 30 days, you pretty much should go full on Proby thread to protect the community. He will still have a chance to make it right and get off the list.

I think i'll take that advice. It's not a huge deal, luckily it was a fairly small book so nothing life threatening but it was a book that someone else wanted and now cant afford after other books they bought instead. Even though its a fairly small amount, still kind of annoying to be stuck with a book someone else wanted.

I'll give it another week and then see if anyone else can help contact him and complete the sale.

Thanks

Thanks,

Jason

J,

Agreed. Find someone who knows him and hit them up for alternate contact info.

Thanks,

Jason

J,

Agreed. Find someone who knows him and hit them up for alternate contact info.

Yeah, the only issue was i didnt really want to post his name in here and make him look bad. I understand things come up and maybe he's just been AWOL for the last few weeks and forgot about it. He's not a poster that i've seen around before so i have no clue who might know him without posting his name.

Again, it's not a HUGE deal but i would like to get it done and over with instead of having his book sitting out wrapped in bubble tape on my desk. I'll wait another week and then i guess post his name and see if anyone else can help me contact him.

Thanks guys

Was about to ask if you checked if he was on the boards, but I erased it when I saw you had.

If you check his posts, maybe you can email someone who seems to be friendly with him, before you start a whole thread in general...ask for a phone number :shrug:

Thanks,

Jason

Might be the same guy I've been waiting on that last posted 1/29(I'll send PM). I'd give him a little more time.

I still would like to know the discount part. IF he's referring to the dealer's discount involving CGC SS...and he's not willing to pay the normal price...then shame on him.

But, if it were me, I would of simply requested that the sketch be submitted under my personal account, rather than someone elses just to save a few bucks.

I'm still wondering what an OPP is.

I still would like to know the discount part. IF he's referring to the dealer's discount involving CGC SS...and he's not willing to pay the normal price...then shame on him.

But, if it were me, I would of simply requested that the sketch be submitted under my personal account, rather than someone elses just to save a few bucks.

Oh, you're not down with it?

Yeah, you know CD, he's down with OPP.

Yeah, you know CD, he's down with OPP.

He's a DWOPP? :grin:

Opp as in sketch ppp.... Duh

Since everyone has gotten their books, can I be removed now?

DMC claims that all disputes have been resolved. If there are any oustanding claims against him, speak now or forever hold your peace. :sumo:

Anyone heard from kain76? He committed to a sale a couple months ago and I have not heard anything back from him? No responses to PM's. Weird

That's odd for Kain, as I have sold to him in the past and everything went smoothly. Hopefully he comes through very soon.