• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think Arch should just give Trey a custom title to the effect of:

"This person is mentally handicapped. Deal with him at your own risk."

... and leave it at that.

Being upset at Trey for violating rules is like getting mad at your new puppy for wizzing on the floor. He isn't capable of understanding that he's doing wrong.

BS. He knows exactly what he's doing. Go to a convention and watch him operate his way through Artist's Alley.

I watched him at Muchin's booth once. It was epic! :roflmao:

I allowed the first one to pass, and you actually quoted it again and added yet another foolish comment, now with you laughing at someone with a mental handicap.

Do you find it funny when someone must make the difficult journey through life with the inability to function in a manner that fits into your small small perception of what life is?

Do you find it funny to see someone ,who may not understand all the nuances of social interaction, yet attempts to fit in on a board filled with pathetic individuals such as yourself?

Do you find it funny to mock and offend every other member on these boards who themselves may suffer from a disability, or have a loved one who does?

Do you think that your flippant attitude towards the hardship of others, boiled down to an emoticon, makes you any better?

Do you think that maybe you should think before posting?

okay... I have to ask... is he truly handicap?... or is he perceived to be handicap do to his selling/ interacting ability with other boardies? ...somehow I don't imagine the first to be true...

He could also be bi-polar.....

I think Arch should just give Trey a custom title to the effect of:

"This person is mentally handicapped. Deal with him at your own risk."

... and leave it at that.

Being upset at Trey for violating rules is like getting mad at your new puppy for wizzing on the floor. He isn't capable of understanding that he's doing wrong.

BS. He knows exactly what he's doing. Go to a convention and watch him operate his way through Artist's Alley.

I watched him at Muchin's booth once. It was epic! :roflmao:

I allowed the first one to pass, and you actually quoted it again and added yet another foolish comment, now with you laughing at someone with a mental handicap.

Do you find it funny when someone must make the difficult journey through life with the inability to function in a manner that fits into your small small perception of what life is?

Do you find it funny to see someone ,who may not understand all the nuances of social interaction, yet attempts to fit in on a board filled with pathetic individuals such as yourself?

Do you find it funny to mock and offend every other member on these boards who themselves may suffer from a disability, or have a loved one who does?

Do you think that your flippant attitude towards the hardship of others, boiled down to an emoticon, makes you any better?

Do you think that maybe you should think before posting?

Who said he's handicapped? I mean, Roy seems to believe he has some sort of autism, based solely on his flailings around here. But is there any reason to believe it's true?

okay... I have to ask... is he truly handicap?... or is he perceived to be handicap do to his selling/ interacting ability with other boardies? ...somehow I don't imagine the first to be true...

What he does is he uses the impression other people have of him to his utmost advantage. He's very good at what he does.

I think some people are confusing the story he made up about the slow brother, with Trey's actual abilities. Anyone who can write such a creative epic, should be OK. As for other possible problems, I'll leave that to the people on the board who actually have degrees in psychology, but my guess is, they can't diagnose from rants/posts, alone.

From my own non professional observations, Trey is a very normal person who gets emotional when he thinks he's in a bit of trouble. Many people do, also something that is very normal.

I think some people are confusing the story he made up about the slow brother, with Trey's actual abilities. Anyone who can write such a creative epic, should be OK. As for other possible problems, I'll leave that to the people on the board who actually have degrees in psychology, but my guess is, they can't diagnose from rants/posts, alone.

From my own non professional observations, Trey is a very normal person who gets emotional when he thinks he's in a bit of trouble. Many people do, also something that is very normal.

Sharon,

I have a child with special needs. I have gone to classes, support groups. Work with his class on a regular basis. I cannot count how many dollars have been spent on social bridges groups, tutoring, etc. If anyone has compassion for the handicapped it is me. It has hit close to home. I don't see this in Trey, I don't. Maybe he is a little off socially but the elaborate stories he concocts tells me he knows exactly what he is doing.

After all the years I have been here I know Roy will be Roy so I take that with a grain of salt. I personally feel there is never a reason to condone any action based on the "handicap" card. Some things are truly beyond a persons control, but that is not the case with Trey. He was deceptive twice in the same thread first listing a cropped PGX scan and then lying about it and telling those asking to take their business elsewhere.

I have met Trey in person and he seemed perfectly normal to me. But maybe I was the slow one.

Who is truly normal? Everyone is off a little bit, some have more bits than others.

lol You have to take normal in the context of a comic book convention :D

People like "Trey Cannon" who have been caught lying, cheating and taking advantage of fellow boardies not once, not twice but three times should be banned from the boards.

I saw him lie in the selling thread, I don't "think" I saw him lie, I clearly remember him answering the question if the book was a PGX book with "The book is not slabbed, don't ask any more questions if you are not interested in buying".

If this was a real market place instead of a virtual one, he would have been thrown out on his a long time ago never mind how "slow" or mentally inefficient he is.

Plus of course the facts that he posted private PMs in various threads. I've seen the mods give out strikes just for that. But then again I'm sure somebody will chime in and tell me that isn't relevant to the Probation list and we can't hold that into account. But I'm still positive that everyone who has been following this knows deep down inside that Trey Cannon is bad news, that he has a history of deception and will try to deceive again.

:applause:

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Oh but they are mutually exclusive. The sales forum is a place provided by CGC for buyers and sellers to interact and buy and sell. It has specific rules. The rest of the boards are where we all get to express opinion. It is already a matter of fact that opinions expressed in the sales forum can't cross the line of thread krapping. There is an entirely different etiquette to the sales forum. That etiquette is there to help buyers and sellers. So if there is no issue between buyer and seller the issue must be between the seller and the boards. That, to me treads the line of a popularity contest. Joey is one of the most beloved board members. He is certainly one of my favorite guys around here. Trey, on the other hand, is not so highly regarded. He has brought much of the disdain upon himself with some of his past actions. Let's face it, he's a knucklehead. But in this instance it seems to me there is a ton of piling on for something which, in hindsight, was a fully consummated and satisfactory transaction for both parties.

1. joeypost was willing to let it slide. That's not exactly a satisfactory transaction.

2. the PL is not here just to punish folks, or even just to make sure that a specific transaction ends well. Its greatest value is as a warning to others not to deal with the "knuckleheads." Its most definitely a tool for the community.

Yep, the PL is like a warning label/sign. Beware of Dog Doucheebag.

*Can't believe they cersored person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed* :cry:

I was abusing it.

:whee:

Sharon,

I have a child with special needs. I have gone to classes, support groups. Work with his class on a regular basis. I cannot count how many dollars have been spent on social bridges groups, tutoring, etc. If anyone has compassion for the handicapped it is me. It has hit close to home. I don't see this in Trey, I don't. Maybe he is a little off socially but the elaborate stories he concocts tells me he knows exactly what he is doing.

After all the years I have been here I know Roy will be Roy so I take that with a grain of salt. I personally feel there is never a reason to condone any action based on the "handicap" card. Some things are truly beyond a persons control, but that is not the case with Trey. He was deceptive twice in the same thread first listing a cropped PGX scan and then lying about it and telling those asking to take their business elsewhere.

I probably would give someone who was handicapped more leeway, Joey...but as I said, I'm not sure that this is the case here at all. I'm not exactly sure why people keep bringing it up. :shrug:

He's done some really "dumb" things...but they would still appear to be in the normal range.

As for Roy...he travels to beat of a different drummer, he's Roy.

Personally, I'd be fine with a special election/poll for Trey to be added to the probation list with an asterick. I'm not sure that he qualifies for anything else, but I agree with those who would like to see him listed as a warning (not that everyone pays attention to the list, but it's like chicken soup...it can't hurt;)

Sharon,

I probably would give someone who was handicapped more leeway, Joey...but as I said, I'm not sure that this is the case here at all. I'm not exactly sure why people keep bringing it up. :shrug:

He's done some really "dumb" things...but they would still appear to be in the normal range.

As for Roy...he travels to beat of a different drummer, he's Roy.

Personally, I'd be fine with a special election/poll for Trey to be added to the probation list with an asterick. I'm not sure that he qualifies for anything else, but I agree with those who would like to see him listed as a warning (not that everyone pays attention to the list, but it's like chicken soup...it can't hurt;)

Sharon

I hope you know you're one of my favorite people and I appreciate the latitude given to a disabled person (not saying that is the case with Trey) but one additional thought here.

I too have a special needs child (it is not a learning disability). I would never want my child nor does my child (she is 15) want to be given preferential treatment. This is not to say that accommodations shouldn't be provided and accepted but to us that is not preferential - it merely levels a playing field. She wants to achieve (or fail) based on her merits and I applaud and am proud of her courage for feeling so.

And I know you can't generalize disabilities nor should you so this is specific only to me and my daughter's situation.

To Jeff and Joey...two of my favorite people...

I'm unfortunately sometimes overly sympathetic, so in the back of my mind I'm thinking of people who are very disabled.

I have several friends and relatives who have children with special needs. Rest assured, I treat them the same way as I treat any other child (says the wicked witch:)

Each one of them are just great kids, period, I'd never talk down to one of them, nor treat them as if they were not the same as any of my other friend's or relative's children.

Seriously, I was just trying to say that I don't think we need to treat Trey on another level.

Oh and for Jeff (Hotflips) ...((((Jeff))) ) I think I'm going to borrow Cal's list and put Trey on it... :sumo:

Trey put me on ignore because I said I wouldn't sell to him until his issues were resolved here on the boards. I think that's the first person to put me on ignore.
Second