• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

To Jeff and Joey...two of my favorite people...

I'm unfortunately sometimes overly sympathetic, so in the back of my mind I'm thinking of people who are very disabled.

I have several friends and relatives who have children with special needs. Rest assured, I treat them the same way as I treat any other child (says the wicked witch:)

Each one of them are just great kids, period, I'd never talk down to one of them, nor treat them as if they were not the same as any of my other friend's or relative's children.

Seriously, I was just trying to say that I don't think we need to treat Trey on another level.

Oh and for Jeff (Hotflips) ...((((Jeff))) ) I think I'm going to borrow Cal's list and put Trey on it... :sumo:

Put me on it as well, dorkette.

I'm unfortunately sometimes overly sympathetic, so in the back of my mind I'm thinking of people who are very disabled.

I have several friends and relatives who have children with special needs. Rest assured, I treat them the same way as I treat any other child (says the wicked witch:)

Each one of them are just great kids, period, I'd never talk down to one of them, nor treat them as if they were not the same as any of my other friend's or relative's children.

Seriously, I was just trying to say that I don't think we need to treat Trey on another level.

Oh and for Jeff (Hotflips) ...((((Jeff))) ) I think I'm going to borrow Cal's list and put Trey on it... :sumo:

:makepoint: Play nice

I'm hoping by the time all this gets over with, he has a back up hobby to hold his interests to keep himself out of trouble. I read all the stuff he was typing in that sales thread before it was moved(Joey & his PM's, "MODS NOTIFIED" to "liable") and I would gather he doesn't want to part of the community anymore and most likely won't be after Monday with mod involvement. If there was something overwhelming him to make him act that way, all he needed to do was take a breather to explain things by being himself and unfortunately, it would appear that might have been the case. We all might have been fooled by this person. :(

I think Arch should just give Trey a custom title to the effect of:

"This person is mentally handicapped. Deal with him at your own risk."

... and leave it at that.

Being upset at Trey for violating rules is like getting mad at your new puppy for wizzing on the floor. He isn't capable of understanding that he's doing wrong.

BS. He knows exactly what he's doing. Go to a convention and watch him operate his way through Artist's Alley.

I watched him at Muchin's booth once. It was epic! :roflmao:

I allowed the first one to pass, and you actually quoted it again and added yet another foolish comment, now with you laughing at someone with a mental handicap.

Do you find it funny when someone must make the difficult journey through life with the inability to function in a manner that fits into your small small perception of what life is?

Do you find it funny to see someone ,who may not understand all the nuances of social interaction, yet attempts to fit in on a board filled with pathetic individuals such as yourself?

Do you find it funny to mock and offend every other member on these boards who themselves may suffer from a disability, or have a loved one who does?

Do you think that your flippant attitude towards the hardship of others, boiled down to an emoticon, makes you any better?

Do you think that maybe you should think before posting?

*sigh*

You do realize Trey Cannon is not handicapped? I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you'll have to find another cause to get so smugly self-righteous about. But the name calling is a nice touch.

Being upset at Trey for violating rules is like getting mad at your new puppy for wizzing on the floor. He isn't capable of understanding that he's doing wrong.

BS. He knows exactly what he's doing. Go to a convention and watch him operate his way through Artist's Alley.

I allowed the first one to pass, and you actually quoted it again and added yet another foolish comment, now with you laughing at someone with a mental handicap.

Do you find it funny when someone must make the difficult journey through life with the inability to function in a manner that fits into your small small perception of what life is?

Do you find it funny to see someone ,who may not understand all the nuances of social interaction, yet attempts to fit in on a board filled with pathetic individuals such as yourself?

Do you find it funny to mock and offend every other member on these boards who themselves may suffer from a disability, or have a loved one who does?

Do you think that your flippant attitude towards the hardship of others, boiled down to an emoticon, makes you any better?

*sigh*

You do realize Trey Cannon is not handicapped? I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you'll have to find another cause to get so smugly self-righteous about. But the name calling is a nice touch.

I find it interesting that none of his righteous indignation was to be found in a thread where people were openly mocking a boardie who actually is mentally challenged (shrug)

*sigh*

I find it interesting that none of his righteous indignation was to be found in a thread where people were openly mocking a boardie who actually is mentally challenged (shrug)

Where was that?

The bottom line in this whole fiasco is that:

1- Neither should be on the PL since neither Trey nor Joey committed any PL violations as per the rules

2- Joey should have come out with the news of the PGX slab the moment he received it, if it was a problem for him, but he chose not to and just kept the book

3- Trey violated rule #1 from the selling guidelines and should be handled by the mods if they desire to take any action

4- We should all know better than to deal with Trey as a seller

And with that I leave the lengthy and inane discussion.

Agreed, The PL is not for board rule violations. The seller should, and has, receive a willy-whacking.

If the buyer knew it was a PGX book, his willy too should be whacked. If not, he's good.

*sigh*

Why don't you ask any of the numerous people that I gave a heads up to in PM so I wouldn't have to announce publicly that Justin was handicapped.

Say whatever you want about me, I truly could care less, I think it's a move, and I called him on it. You on the other hand could simply place me on ignore. It would save your ears from my indignation.

Bring some of the Chocolate Gelato next time or you WILL be on it;)

and come visit!

:rulez:

Who else has been selling PGX slabs? Allegedly.
There was another too. Some GA catman comics iirc, but i dont remember the seller.

Gator and Alannas

My 2c

I think Trey just felt it was OK to bend the rules deal with PGX books "under the table" so to speak in a "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" kind of way because

a) he'd bought PGX books from other's selling threads

b) he's seen others selling "non CGC graded" books in other selling threads

and assumed that on the sly he could slide a sale through. Kind of like not making a full stop at a stop sign or crossing over the yellow lines in a parking lot.

In the end if it gets enforced you will get caught and fined.

Because Trey isn't a master mind criminal he got caught with his pants down, and badly and got taken to town on it.

When he got pressed he reacted in exactly the wrong way. As if all the people that followed his first thread didn't know how he was going to react this time around.

doh!

I personally don't see it as Probation List material as he wasn't trying to defraud anyone although he did break the rules (technically) and should be possibly nominated to the HOS and asked to apologize.

And you have to be fair to Trey, so if this is the precedent that people want to set then maybe GAtor and alanna and Dale Roberts should have their knuckles rapped too for allegedly selling PGX books.

Is this starting to sound a little ridiculous to anybody else?

:eyeroll:

ps. I like Trey, Watson, Joey, GAtor, Alanna and Dale. Just trying to show a point.

Maybe if Lennie Small was taught it was not OK to kill small animals and stroke them he would not have killed Curly's wife.

Personally, I can't remember ever offering any PGX books on the boards. I have never owned more than 8 or 10 PGX books, and most of them I have cracked out and subbed to CGC. It is possible I might have done this in the early days, but I certainly don't remember ever doing it.

And that 30 day rule has been waived before if the offense was consider severe enough.

I believe the 30 day rule has been waived more when it has been made apparent there is not going to be a resolution as opposed to severity of the offense. For example, someone saying "screw you all, I am not going to make this good."

Joey's resolution is an apology and admission of being wrong from Trey.

Trey - you listening here?

Trey emailed me through my website directly. He's been given a strike and is gone for a week.

(thumbs u

The difference is that what we do with the PL has impact on future PL additions. If the door is open to one thing it will be the wedge that gets wider and pushed the door open more.

And what great evil are we opening the door to by adding him the probation list as opposed to the hall of the shame?

Well, for one thing, 30 days has apparently not elapsed but according to Joey only 10 days. We are supposed to allow 30 days for the two of them to come to an agreement or for restitution to occur. This leaves 20 days for the two of them to work something out.

We let this in we may as well drop the 30 days and just start adding people the day after a problem occurs.

My apologies - I just assumed, and since the sales thread had been deleted I had no idea when this took place.

How is the thirty day rule even applicable when his violation is intentionally altering scans so he can sell a product that is expressly forbidden to be sold on the CGC message boards?

Technically it is not because technically (governmentally speaking now), technically this is a Moderator issue and technically, not a PL issue. An HOS issue but not a PL issue.

the technical rules! Burn the witch! Makes for a really good fire!!!

Technically, the witches were hanged down here in New England, Roy. :hi:

You're an asset to the boards. I saw that coming from the first time you joined.

(thumbs u

I think some people are confusing the story he made up about the slow brother, with Trey's actual abilities. Anyone who can write such a creative epic, should be OK. As for other possible problems, I'll leave that to the people on the board who actually have degrees in psychology, but my guess is, they can't diagnose from rants/posts, alone.

From my own non professional observations, Trey is a very normal person who gets emotional when he thinks he's in a bit of trouble. Many people do, also something that is very normal.

Sharon,

I have a child with special needs. I have gone to classes, support groups. Work with his class on a regular basis. I cannot count how many dollars have been spent on social bridges groups, tutoring, etc. If anyone has compassion for the handicapped it is me. It has hit close to home. I don't see this in Trey, I don't. Maybe he is a little off socially but the elaborate stories he concocts tells me he knows exactly what he is doing.

After all the years I have been here I know Roy will be Roy so I take that with a grain of salt. I personally feel there is never a reason to condone any action based on the "handicap" card. Some things are truly beyond a persons control, but that is not the case with Trey. He was deceptive twice in the same thread first listing a cropped PGX scan and then lying about it and telling those asking to take their business elsewhere.

For the record, I don't think he's handicapped or special needs. I just think that he is a little socially inept. He just happens to react exactly the wrong way when backed into a corner.

We're all a little socially inept in one way or another. Trey just happens to be socially internet inept from what I can see.

Also, I'm not asking anyone excuse his behavior, all I am saying is to keep it in context and perspective. Other well respected, well beloved board members have all sold PGX books knowing that the rules were in place but Trey is going to be the poster boy and I think that's a little unfair.

It was a learning experience, Trey can answer for himself when his strike is over and Joey and Trey can settle this mano a mano.

Most drama can be averted with a few simple principles like if your brother offends you go and talk to him about it directly.

I mean, Roy seems to believe he has some sort of autism, based solely on his flailings around here.

This line made me lol

Goodness, anybody that concocts a story like the one with the brother is not all there.

lol

Who else has been selling PGX slabs? Allegedly.
There was another too. Some GA catman comics iirc, but i dont remember the seller.

Gator and Alannas

My 2c

I think Trey just felt it was OK to bend the rules deal with PGX books "under the table" so to speak in a "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" kind of way because

a) he'd bought PGX books from other's selling threads

b) he's seen others selling "non CGC graded" books in other selling threads

and assumed that on the sly he could slide a sale through. Kind of like not making a full stop at a stop sign or crossing over the yellow lines in a parking lot.

In the end if it gets enforced you will get caught and fined.

Because Trey isn't a master mind criminal he got caught with his pants down, and badly and got taken to town on it.

When he got pressed he reacted in exactly the wrong way. As if all the people that followed his first thread didn't know how he was going to react this time around.

doh!

I personally don't see it as Probation List material as he wasn't trying to defraud anyone although he did break the rules (technically) and should be possibly nominated to the HOS and asked to apologize.

And you have to be fair to Trey, so if this is the precedent that people want to set then maybe GAtor and alanna and Dale Roberts should have their knuckles rapped too for allegedly selling PGX books.

Is this starting to sound a little ridiculous to anybody else?

:eyeroll:

ps. I like Trey, Watson, Joey, GAtor, Alanna and Dale. Just trying to show a point.

Maybe if Lennie Small was taught it was not OK to kill small animals and stroke them he would not have killed Curly's wife.

Personally, I can't remember ever offering any PGX books on the boards. I have never owned more than 8 or 10 PGX books, and most of them I have cracked out and subbed to CGC. It is possible I might have done this in the early days, but I certainly don't remember ever doing it.

The person I remember is VtComics, but I am pretty sure he stopped after being warned a few times.