• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I think some people are confusing the story he made up about the slow brother, with Trey's actual abilities. Anyone who can write such a creative epic, should be OK. As for other possible problems, I'll leave that to the people on the board who actually have degrees in psychology, but my guess is, they can't diagnose from rants/posts, alone.

From my own non professional observations, Trey is a very normal person who gets emotional when he thinks he's in a bit of trouble. Many people do, also something that is very normal.

Sharon,

I have a child with special needs. I have gone to classes, support groups. Work with his class on a regular basis. I cannot count how many dollars have been spent on social bridges groups, tutoring, etc. If anyone has compassion for the handicapped it is me. It has hit close to home. I don't see this in Trey, I don't. Maybe he is a little off socially but the elaborate stories he concocts tells me he knows exactly what he is doing.

After all the years I have been here I know Roy will be Roy so I take that with a grain of salt. I personally feel there is never a reason to condone any action based on the "handicap" card. Some things are truly beyond a persons control, but that is not the case with Trey. He was deceptive twice in the same thread first listing a cropped PGX scan and then lying about it and telling those asking to take their business elsewhere.

For the record, I don't think he's handicapped or special needs. I just think that he is a little socially inept. He just happens to react exactly the wrong way when backed into a corner.

We're all a little socially inept in one way or another. Trey just happens to be socially internet inept from what I can see.

Also, I'm not asking anyone excuse his behavior, all I am saying is to keep it in context and perspective. Other well respected, well beloved board members have all sold PGX books knowing that the rules were in place but Trey is going to be the poster boy and I think that's a little unfair.

It was a learning experience, Trey can answer for himself when his strike is over and Joey and Trey can settle this mano a mano.

Most drama can be averted with a few simple principles like if your brother offends you go and talk to him about it directly.

Maybe you could help Trey in getting his threads scubbed... you seem to be good at that (thumbs u

I think some people are confusing the story he made up about the slow brother, with Trey's actual abilities. Anyone who can write such a creative epic, should be OK. As for other possible problems, I'll leave that to the people on the board who actually have degrees in psychology, but my guess is, they can't diagnose from rants/posts, alone.

From my own non professional observations, Trey is a very normal person who gets emotional when he thinks he's in a bit of trouble. Many people do, also something that is very normal.

Sharon,

I have a child with special needs. I have gone to classes, support groups. Work with his class on a regular basis. I cannot count how many dollars have been spent on social bridges groups, tutoring, etc. If anyone has compassion for the handicapped it is me. It has hit close to home. I don't see this in Trey, I don't. Maybe he is a little off socially but the elaborate stories he concocts tells me he knows exactly what he is doing.

After all the years I have been here I know Roy will be Roy so I take that with a grain of salt. I personally feel there is never a reason to condone any action based on the "handicap" card. Some things are truly beyond a persons control, but that is not the case with Trey. He was deceptive twice in the same thread first listing a cropped PGX scan and then lying about it and telling those asking to take their business elsewhere.

For the record, I don't think he's handicapped or special needs. I just think that he is a little socially inept. He just happens to react exactly the wrong way when backed into a corner.

We're all a little socially inept in one way or another. Trey just happens to be socially internet inept from what I can see.

Also, I'm not asking anyone excuse his behavior, all I am saying is to keep it in context and perspective. Other well respected, well beloved board members have all sold PGX books knowing that the rules were in place but Trey is going to be the poster boy and I think that's a little unfair.

It was a learning experience, Trey can answer for himself when his strike is over and Joey and Trey can settle this mano a mano.

Most drama can be averted with a few simple principles like if your brother offends you go and talk to him about it directly.

I did. His reaction was not one to indicate a smooth road to resolution.

Context and perspective is a round about way of saying "excuse his behavior".

Sharon,

I did. His reaction was not one to indicate a smooth road to resolution.

Context and perspective is a round about way of saying "excuse his behavior".

I wouldn't say context and perspective is a round about way of saying excuse his behaviour.

I would say that context and perspective is a way to keep things fair rather than get tunnel visioned and form a witch hunt.

The fact that other board members have sold PGX graded books here without facing the wrath of the system simply because they were well liked is one thing to keep in mind,

I think Chris (comix4fun) said it well, it's obviously an area where the Mods have jurisdiction and he's already been given a strike and a vacation.

OT to Dale, Just to be clear I wasn't trying to accuse you of anything I was just going by names that were named in this thread over the course of the weekend. Heck, I don't remember but I may have even sold a PGX book or two on here before the rules were put into place.

:foryou:

Supposedly, Trey Cannon is ex-military. At least that is what he tells artists at shows. What branch of the military was he in, and did he get Section 8 because of his "specialness?"

Interesting angle.

I'd like to know that too.

(thumbs u

Maybe you could help Trey in getting his threads scubbed... you seem to be good at that (thumbs u

I think the Mods should be cleaning any PMs Trey left behind.

Trey can speak for himself when he gets back here.

:)

Where do the mods indicate he received a strike?

I haven't looked around so I don't know if it was indicated. He just told me that he was "banned" and my PM to Trey went unread so I am assuming he can't log in.

Not sure if he's banned or just given a strike at this point.

Maybe Arch or Dena can weigh in?

I had one of those posts last night where you sleep on things or ask the advice of another before posting. I decided ultimately to not go wall of text or rant/rave. It has been suggested, however, that this may be an innocent mistake or that somehow poor social skills are to blame. I believe otherwise and would urge caution in transactions with Trey Cannon.

Perhaps it is because his first incident is close to when I got heavily involved in the boards it stays forefront in my mind. Nonetheless, there have been a number of difficulties (admittedly less so recently) in his postings. As such, I would urge any boardies reading this post down the line to do a little investigation before placing themselves potentially at risk as the best predictor of future behavior is what we have engaged in previously. :foryou:

Below are links to multiple strikes if future buyers/sellers want to research information regarding Trey Cannon.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267476#Post3267476

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3423518#Post3423518

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5245859#Post5245859

Supposedly, Trey Cannon is ex-military. At least that is what he tells artists at shows. What branch of the military was he in, and did he get Section 8 because of his "specialness?"

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

I went and pulled up his Sig Room thread. He states that he was in the Air Force from 1997-2005.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

I went and pulled up his Sig Room thread. He states that he was in the Air Force from 1997-2005.

Was Agent Orange still in use around that time?

I had one of those posts last night where you sleep on things or ask the advice of another before posting. I decided ultimately to not go wall of text or rant/rave. It has been suggested, however, that this may be an innocent mistake or that somehow poor social skills are to blame. I believe otherwise and would urge caution in transactions with Trey Cannon.

Perhaps it is because his first incident is close to when I got heavily involved in the boards it stays forefront in my mind. Nonetheless, there have been a number of difficulties (admittedly less so recently) in his postings. As such, I would urge any boardies reading this post down the line to do a little investigation before placing themselves potentially at risk as the best predictor of future behavior is what we have engaged in previously. :foryou:

Below are links to multiple strikes if future buyers/sellers want to research information regarding Trey Cannon.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3267476#Post3267476

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3423518#Post3423518

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5245859#Post5245859

That's a a very well thought out post.

I knew about two of the strikes (the concocted story strike - headache and this one). To me, two strikes are not necessarily a pattern. 3 might be.

I actually did not realize there was a third.

Does anybody remember what it was for?

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

I'm waiting to hear back from him. He's been reading the threads and I asked if I could post his email to me on here as it might explain a few things. Or not.

Isn't it amazing what a mess a little dumbassery can create?

I actually find it comical in a way. You couldn't -script this stuff for Hollywood.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

I'm waiting to hear back from him. He's been reading the threads and I asked if I could post his email to me on here as it might explain a few things. Or not.

I actually find it comical in a way. You couldn't -script this stuff for Hollywood.

One lie started a bigger mess.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

Which is exactly the breakdown of the first fiasco. The dude clearly loves comic books, but i wouldn't trust him with a transaction involving a Snickers bar.

Interesting angle.

(thumbs u

Which is exactly the breakdown of the first fiasco. The dude clearly loves comic books, but i wouldn't trust him with a transaction involving a Snickers bar.

How about a fun size?