• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

So I ask the probation peeps what can Dre do for penance?

I'm sure just acknowledging he understands going forward how disregarding the probation list allows non-paying buyers to operate on here, and avoiding these situations going forward, would go a long ways.

It's kind of like when a long-time seller did a deal with Buc One, and then said he never even knew there was a probation list when he wanted to bring up the issue here. Picking and choosing when you feel like supporting the purpose of the Probation List takes you down a rocky path we all want to avoid.

:foryou:

I'm sure just acknowledging he understands going forward how disregarding the probation list allows non-paying buyers to operate on here, and avoiding these situations going forward, would go a long ways.

It's kind of like when a long-time seller did a deal with Buc One, and then said he never even knew there was a probation list when he wanted to bring up the issue here. Picking and choosing when you feel like supporting the purpose of the Probation List takes you down a rocky path we all want to avoid.

I think it needs to be made clear as I indicated before that a mistake happened. I will pay better attention to the probation list in the future. I do a lot of volume here and on eBay, as well as deal with my regular business so it happened. It was never my intention to upset the community.

Now, for those people trying to tough guy PM me, and you know who you are, you more than welcome to voice your unfounded concerns here in public.

There is no "penance" required. Dre explained the initial situation and his increased awareness of the situation. There is no punishment or penance needed here.

Thus speaks The Dolphin of Reason

+1

Dre made a mistake, owned up to it, and made it clear that he's aware of the Probation List going forward. End of story, really.

I think it needs to be made clear as I indicated before that a mistake happened. I will pay better attention to the probation list in the future. I do a lot of volume here and on eBay, as well as deal with my regular business so it happened. It was never my intention to upset the community.

Now, for those people trying to tough guy PM me, and you know who you are, you more than welcome to voice your unfounded concerns here in public.

I've had some sales threads where I totally forgot to check the probation list while it was going on and, given how many folks are on it and how far back chronologically it goes, I could have found myself in the exact same spot as Dre. It's only by luck that some probie didn't try to do the same thing in one of my threads.

doh!

At least Comix4fun sends me tough guy post cards.

5312.jpg

doh!

At least Comix4fun sends me tough guy post cards.

5312.jpg

They just call them "post cards" where I'm from. Tough guys are all we've got. :slapfight:

This is Daken reaction to what happen

I hope we can add him to the HOS

lol @all of you

Where was that? In a post? or by PM?

EDIT: Never mind...found it.

Edited by comix4fun

Good on you Dre (thumbs u and for those bullying via PM :facepalm:

We can address issues in a more civil manner I would hope. A mistake was made, Daken's status on the PL was brought to everyone's attention, folks generally agreed that keeping an eye on the PL is something to be more aware of...all is again well I would hope.

As for 8milemax's post above...daken does appear to be a serial offender. Similarly, I mentioned the possibility of Goodash for the HoS a few pages back as well. Do we need to post a vote on that and move forward, or is the general feeling that leaving them on the PL is the best option? hm

Just my two cents and some food for though Dre (and credit to Transplant as it was his post I am quoting/stealing)...when you do business with an individual on the probation list and accept their payment it prevents such funds from being used to resolve problems/debts with other boardies in the community. Also, if he is flaunting this, it weakens the effectiveness of the system designed to look out for each other that has been put in place by community agreement.

+1

Will I be doing business with him again? Probably not, especially after the post I was made aware of - But there has to be an easier way of people figuring out what the exactly is going on than sifting through pages of back and forth. If these discussions threads were cleaner it would make it easier track the issue.

I think the post I was PMd was actually in the resto forum.

Mistakes are easy to make...this incident (and Draken's awful response) just reminded me, that if I ever finish setting up my sales thread, that I need to add a sentence about no probationers. I don't think I've every posted that before, but the list gets longer and I don't have it memorized, I'm sure few of us do...and I don't want to sell to someone on the list, so I figure adding it to my thread, will help me remember, and alert others if I miss something.

Perhaps that's something you might want to do as well...especially with such a hectic schedule. Then perhaps the "probably not" will turn into a "definitely not while he's on the list".

Good on you Dre (thumbs u and for those bullying via PM :facepalm:

We can address issues in a more civil manner I would hope. A mistake was made, Daken's status on the PL was brought to everyone's attention, folks generally agreed that keeping an eye on the PL is something to be more aware of...all is again well I would hope.

As for 8milemax's post above...daken does appear to be a serial offender. Similarly, I mentioned the possibility of Goodash for the HoS a few pages back as well. Do we need to post a vote on that and move forward, or is the general feeling that leaving them on the PL is the best option? hm

I'm not sure about Goodash, he just seemed like a typical probationer...but my first reaction to Daken's response would be to send him into outer space...however that was because he was rude. Not sure if he's Hall of Shame material...and being rude, thoughtless and obnoxious, really can't be a reason to be in the Hall of Shame, or we'd have a longer list (except most of those other offenders are all alties of someone who is already in the Hall of Shame.).

I would love to see those posted. .

Geez.... not everyone has the probation (wow I misspelled probation so bad the spell checker here gave me abortion as the option... lmao ) list memorized and has the time to cross-check it every time someone posts a :takeit: in their sales thread.

The punishment for selling to/buying from someone on the probation list is taking a great risk of getting ripped-off nothing more.

:makepoint:

Just my two cents and some food for though Dre (and credit to Transplant as it was his post I am quoting/stealing)...when you do business with an individual on the probation list and accept their payment it prevents such funds from being used to resolve problems/debts with other boardies in the community. Also, if he is flaunting this, it weakens the effectiveness of the system designed to look out for each other that has been put in place by community agreement.

+1

Will I be doing business with him again? Probably not, especially after the post I was made aware of - But there has to be an easier way of people figuring out what the exactly is going on than sifting through pages of back and forth. If these discussions threads were cleaner it would make it easier track the issue.

I think the post I was PMd was actually in the resto forum.

Mistakes are easy to make...this incident (and Draken's awful response) just reminded me, that if I ever finish setting up my sales thread, that I need to add a sentence about no probationers. I don't think I've every posted that before, but the list gets longer and I don't have it memorized, I'm sure few of us do...and I don't want to sell to someone on the list, so I figure adding it to my thread, will help me remember, and alert others if I miss something.

Perhaps that's something you might want to do as well...especially with such a hectic schedule. Then perhaps the "probably not" will turn into a "definitely not while he's on the list".

Yeah, I never even think about adding "PL need not bid" since I've never had to deal with it before, other than the one time a shill bought a book from me and tried to pretend he never received the book and opened a case with PayPal. Can't even remember who it was at this point.

The boorish behavior on Daken's part just proves he needs to be added to the HOS.

On another note, I think everyone would be surprised on how many transactions with boardies I have outstanding, but I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I guess let this be a warning to all those who owe me money lol ... And BTW has anyone heard from Mushie lately? It seems he owes me money for books shipped & still here. I've asked him several times to verify that payment had been sent on his end but he hasn't responded to the last PM.

(shrug)