• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

RMA has welcomed probation listers so is obviously not worried about being ripped off by anyone which is his potential problem. By stating that he welcomes probation listers though, he's deliberately giving those who have been put on the list for reneging on a deal, a way to buy here and therefore lessen the effectiveness of the probation deterrent.

By that logic should people who welcome probation listers to buy in their threads be able to nominate folks to the probation list?

So as not to trash someone's ACTIVE thread...

DIscuss

So I've got a pretty decent run of Bats for sale. Several below #100, nearly complete from #100-up. Prices are aggressive, sure, but I love 'em, so you have to love 'em more if you want 'em.

If anyone would like other scans, I can do that.

S&H is free for everything over $100, $7 for less, and includes insurance for everything over $50. Paypal is fine, but please DO NOT pay via Personal. It's theft.

PL members are welcome, but you must PM me and pay FIRST, or your :takeit: will be ignored.

HOS members are not welcome (though I doubt they're around.)

If you're on ignore, you're not welcome.

Thanks!

I've discovered his secret location. Not exactly the bat cave.

122381.jpg.2253e519bffa27c038967dafaa8ffeb8.jpg

RMA doesn't deserve to be on the probation list for offering to sell to PL members. He hasn't broken any rule.

If you don't like what he's doing, vote with your dollars. I, for one, won't sell to people on the PL and I reserve the right to not do business with sellers who do.

RMA has welcomed probation listers so is obviously not worried about being ripped off by anyone which is his potential problem. By stating that he welcomes probation listers though, he's deliberately giving those who have been put on the list for reneging on a deal, a way to buy here and therefore lessen the effectiveness of the probation deterrent.

By that logic should people who welcome probation listers to buy in their threads be able to nominate folks to the probation list?

If they get ripped off by someone already on the PL, why would they have to nominate them? And if they're not on the PL, why wouldn't they be able to nominate them?

RMA doesn't deserve to be on the probation list for offering to sell to PL members. He hasn't broken any rule.

If you don't like what he's doing, vote with your dollars. I, for one, won't sell to people on the PL and I reserve the right to not do business with sellers who do.

Agreed.

From my point of view, the value of the probation list is twofold. Firstly it shows potential buyers or sellers who has a record for being bad to deal with and therefore protects the potential buyers and sellers. Secondly it is a significant incentive for anyone buying or selling to conduct themselves in an honest and honourable manner, basically honour your deals or you'll be put on the probation list and it'll stop people from dealing with you.

There aren't any rules against dealing with probies so if RMA doesn't give a damn about those who have been messed around by those on the list, there's nothing to stop him from doing so. In my opinion, there should be something in the rules about it though so maybe it should be put to the boards to amend the rules?

Personally, I think he's doing this to ruffle feathers and gain attention. There may be no rule against doing what he's doing, but as a community most of us agree that not selling to folks on the probation list helps to encourage those probbies to make good on their past dealings before being allowed back to buy. By flaunting this probation list, RMA is sending a message to those folks who have been screwed over that he doesn't care about their situation & also that he could care less about being a member of this community. Just my 2c

:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

If they get ripped off by someone already on the PL, why would they have to nominate them? And if they're not on the PL, why wouldn't they be able to nominate them?

I know you can't re-nominate if they're already on the PL. If you're dealing with shady characters you're taking a risk to attract other shady characters is my point. It's like you're inviting trouble.

I never really thought of posting that I'd not accept members on the Probation list, I always thought it was a "given" that we as a group would not. It's only recently that it's even crossed my mind.

There are people on that list who not only have not paid sellers, but people who have accepted FUNDS and not sent the product to buyers. Why would you deal with people who are in that category?.

On the one hand, I could feel sorry for many of the not paying people, there are job losses, things that happen...but taking money and not sending the product...

If you read back, some people very quietly and politely nominated members for never sending items they paid for.

That's how Alleybat got on the list, remember? He took money for a Batman 1, and never sent it. He was not the only one and they are not all n the Hall of Shame.

I don't think this is a probational offense, but it's sure one that lacks class or kindness.

I don't think this is a probational offense, but it's sure one that lacks class or kindness.

:makepoint:

I thought I was on ignore?

How can you answer me, if I'm on ignore...

Seriously, I am not sure I've ever been on "ignore" before, this is fascinating;)

Seriously, I am not sure I've ever been on "ignore" before, this is fascinating;)

:popcorn:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5009723#Post5009723

(thumbs u

You've got Sharon on ignore???

Yeah. Stupidity knows no bounds.

Now, be nice...

Now, be nice...

I am. Just wait until I start being ugly.