• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Andy/october says in the linked thread, in reference to the Avengers #1:

He belongs on the list, regardless of the on the board/off the board technicalities. The guy outright admitted to my FACE that he was going to sell the book as unrestored, right after I got finished telling him that the spine had been worked on.

I've seen October's posts but I never met this person before nor was he present when I bought this book. I never made such comments nor would I.

So you are saying it's Andy's word against yours.

I would bet he would be willing to swear an affidavit under oath under penalty of law to back up his statement.

That and the respect he's earned on the boards, in business and in person with several people here leaves you in an interesting position with regards to this new set of claims.

So by coincidence he happened to be there during my purchase of this book many years ago and I said all this to his face? I bought from Canada. Again never met this person but he has alot of anger towards me. Apologies if I wronged him in any way.

I've never known Andy "October" to lie, ever. Which is why his account holds the weight it does. He didn't sound angry. He's still doesn't sound angry. From what he said, he simply posted what he personally witnessed and what you said to him. Attributing his statements to some personal vendetta or fit of rage will not benefit you in the way you hope it does.

If you bought a book you knew was restored (which is what October has stated unequivocally) and sold it as UNrestored for $1400, which the buyer then had to sell for a loss in excess of $900, why would you think that giving him $400 and claiming ignorance would ever be a fair and equitable agreement.

From what Twisty has said, you claimed ignorance to the restoration, so he accepted your $400 refund. Then he discovered, through October's eye witness account, that you knew all along what you were selling and that it was restored. That's called "false pretenses" and it invalidates the agreement to take only $400 as a refund. Had Twisty known what October had to say before taking your refund he would have never taken it.

He's still not whole. He's still out over $520.

The only constant in this entire saga is the claim of ignorance that keeps coming up. You don't know why you are on the probation list, you don't know who put you there, you don't know October, you didn't know it was restored, you don't know how the probation list works.

That's a lot of not knowing going on, don't you think?

Andy/october says in the linked thread, in reference to the Avengers #1:

He belongs on the list, regardless of the on the board/off the board technicalities. The guy outright admitted to my FACE that he was going to sell the book as unrestored, right after I got finished telling him that the spine had been worked on.

I've seen October's posts but I never met this person before nor was he present when I bought this book. I never made such comments nor would I.

So you are saying it's Andy's word against yours.

I would bet he would be willing to swear an affidavit under oath under penalty of law to back up his statement.

That and the respect he's earned on the boards, in business and in person with several people here leaves you in an interesting position with regards to this new set of claims.

So by coincidence he happened to be there during my purchase of this book many years ago and I said all this to his face? I bought from Canada. Again never met this person but he has alot of anger towards me. Apologies if I wronged him in any way.

I've never known Andy "October" to lie, ever. Which is why his account holds the weight it does. He didn't sound angry. He's still doesn't sound angry. From what he said, he simply posted what he personally witnessed and what you said to him. Attributing his statements to some personal vendetta or fit of rage will not benefit you in the way you hope it does.

If you bought a book you knew was restored (which is what October has stated unequivocally) and sold it as UNrestored for $1400, which the buyer then had to sell for a loss in excess of $900, why would you think that giving him $400 and claiming ignorance would ever be a fair and equitable agreement.

From what Twisty has said, you claimed ignorance to the restoration, so he accepted your $400 refund. Then he discovered, through October's eye witness account, that you knew all along what you were selling and that it was restored. That's called "false pretenses" and it invalidates the agreement to take only $400 as a refund. Had Twisty known what October had to say before taking your refund he would have never taken it.

He's still not whole. He's still out over $520.

The only constant in this entire saga is the claim of ignorance that keeps coming up. You don't know why you are on the probation list, you don't know who put you there, you don't know October, you didn't know it was restored, you don't know how the probation list works.

That's a lot of not knowing going on, don't you think?

I do not know October, I did not sell the raw book knowing it was restored. If this is the ignorance you are referring to then yes I am ignorant. I also do not know who put me on the probie list but I know I was on.I also do not know what the raw book eventually resold for or to whom.

This is Andy "October"

Trust me, we do not need him around. I met him for a grand total of 15 minutes two years ago and I remember him vividly. The negative impression was that strong.

And two people listed links in this very thread, today, showing who put you on and why.

Take a minute, read it, and you'll never have to make this gesture again on this topic. (shrug)

Wow, I must have missed those posts. Corroborating testimony by two boardies... seems pretty cut and dry to me.

I should never have been on probie list to begin with...

Good thing you brought this to everyone's attention. :makepoint:

My high school classmate under twistty bought a avengers 1 raw from me which was never cgc graded. 3years later I saw him in a gym where I play basketball and he started getting violent .He claimed the book was restored so I was threatened -I had no choice but to refund him $400 even though the book was never graded. I did not want to engage in violence-in fact I could have called police. So I thought that was end of it according to him as he thought we reached and agreed on a settlement (I was of the opinion I was threatened and robbed) -that should have been the end of it then there was trash talk about me from him on the boards the very next day etc I believe I was put on probe list for that transaction. I have always paid for everything I bought and always delivered when sold. I never deal in raw books again. Thats the whole story for re-assurance.

The fact you gave your victim $400 years later as compensation shows your guilt. Not to mention Andy/October's testimony...I know you're a scamming douchenozzle. Get off these boards, you're personality type is similar to Alleybat's IMO.

This is Andy "October"

Trust me, we do not need him around. I met him for a grand total of 15 minutes two years ago and I remember him vividly. The negative impression was that strong.

And two people listed links in this very thread, today, showing who put you on and why.

Take a minute, read it, and you'll never have to make this gesture again on this topic. (shrug)

I do not know who October is and never talked to him. I really don't and never made a negative impression in front of someone during a comic purchase or sale.

FYI, I have always paid for my items I purchased and delivered when sold. I should never have been on probie list to begin with. I saw that insulting thread about my family and didn't appreciate it one bit but I swallowed that and never commented and I don't know why you insist on targeting me. God Bless you.

I don't target you, you earned your place on the probation list, then come back as a shill to buy stuff because you know your name is no good anymore on the boards...Anyone that does this stuff will get the same treatment. But frankly I've seldom seen anyone that posts so little as you do, rub so many people the wrong way. The only people that still seem to want to interact with you are the people that are making money of you.

know October, I did not sell the raw book knowing it was restored. If this is the ignorance you are referring to then yes I am ignorant. I also do not know who put me on the probie list but I know I was on.I also do not know what the raw book eventually resold for or to whom.

I wasn't going to mention anything but since you went there... What happened when I asked you first if it was restored? You said "it looks good to me, I don't think it is restored" Then when I found out that it was restored I asked you to refund my money or at least the difference in price, and you said no. Then I never heard from you, you avoided my calls and never responded to my emails. I had the book for a month and realized that it was restored a week after I bought it from you and I'm no expert. If you had the book for longer than that I'm almost positive that you had at least some idea that the book was restored and should have at least said that you had some idea that maybe it was at the time the deal went down. Not when I called you and asked about it. You then said to me that you had an idea that maybe it was and then vanished when I got pissed. You said you bought the book at the Chicago convention? I'm just curious if you bought it as restored or not? Not that I expect an honest answer from you about that. You should have at least made good on the deal or offered to work it out since we were supposed to be friends at the time.

Is Sagat's name Frank?

According to various boardies he's used various names, Frank *might* he his real name.

If Sagat has used the name Frank and carebears just used the name Frank, can the powers that be just nuke him based on the solid legal principle of "close enough"?

Who is really buying the roommates thing anyway?

Granted, it is probably easier to keep track of his dumbazz if they don't ban him but still...

I do not know who October is and never talked to him. I really don't and never made a negative impression in front of someone during a comic purchase or sale.

Oooh poor miffybunny, busted again :(

if you're referring to the guy who also uses that name on ebay, then he's a world class act.

I don't think it is a guy. She bought from me before on Ebay, and went by "Michelle" along with PayPal and Ebay both having this name.

This individual_without_enough_empathy purchased a Av #4 SS 9.2 from a very good friend of mine for 8k (at the time highest certified SS Av #4), put it up on ebay @ 25k ( which was bought via BIN, GPA verified etc etc...) but to this day still has the book in possession. Asking price has since been lowered a lot ( but nonetheless never forgets to mention that "verified GPA sale")

I sent a message through ebay when the book "sold" for 25k and the answer was the guy hadn't paid for it and that if I wanted it @ 15k ( which was my supposed offer should the buyer back out, that is was mine for the taking)

World Class act...

FYI, I have always paid for my items I purchased and delivered when sold. I should never have been on probie list to begin with. I saw that insulting thread about my family and didn't appreciate it one bit but I swallowed that and never commented and I don't know why you insist on targeting me. God Bless you.

I don't target you, you earned your place on the probation list, then come back as a shill to buy stuff because you know your name is no good anymore on the boards...Anyone that does this stuff will get the same treatment. But frankly I've seldom seen anyone that posts so little as you do, rub so many people the wrong way. The only people that still seem to want to interact with you are the people that are making money of you.

If I rubbed anyone the wrong way with my comments then sincere apologies to those members. Anyhow please refrain from further unwarranted accusations- again have a nice day all the best Chromium.

Why won't you apologize to me for the fact that you are a complete turdblossom?

Do you write these down as they come to you or is your mind just that vibrant?

Why won't you apologize to me for the fact that you are a complete turdblossom?

Do you write these down as they come to you or is your mind just that vibrant?

Now look who's trying to get a peek at those pubes. meh

It's a gift. Like SAGAT's gift for being smarmy. I invoke BAN HAMMER

The dude who wrote the Miami Vice theme song? hm