• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I agree 100% Since the probie list was Divads brain child I nominate him.

I have long felt the list itself should be locked in this way. I second Divad's nomination but think we need at least one other person (ideally two others) to insure realtime coverage, especially for things like hectic work days, being sick, going on vacation etc. It may also be good to have the other people in different time zones, maybe one on the East Coast and one in one of those odd European places. .

This is a good idea, but as my participation has been limited of late, I like POV's idea of having 4 or 5 authorized members. I'm fine with the three posters here and perhaps bosco as well? How about?

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

Hell no.

HELL no.

:roflmao:

That's what's silly about the probation list; some clown can just take themselves off. It should be locked and only one member can update the list. There is someone I have in mind.

I have long felt the list itself should be locked in this way. I second Divad's nomination but think we need at least one other person (ideally two others) to insure realtime coverage, especially for things like hectic work days, being sick, going on vacation etc. It may also be good to have the other people in different time zones, maybe one on the East Coast and one in one of those odd European places. .

This is a good idea, but as my participation has been limited of late, I like POV's idea of having 4 or 5 authorized members. I'm fine with the three posters here and perhaps bosco as well? How about?

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

I would be honored. (thumbs u

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

I am fine with this these people only updating the list.

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

I am fine with it too- but so long as I am not part of list. Have a great day. Peace and love.

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

I am fine with it too- but so long as I am not part of list. Have a great day. Peace and love.

your on the list because of what you did, deal with it

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

That is not your decision...

hm Oh wait, someone MANY people have told you that already! :facepalm:

I think that limiting the number of people who can change the list is a wonderful idea, for a long time it was only Divad and it worked well that way.

I just suggest that Divad and Pov be the primaries and the others, alternates (if one of the primaries is not available)...having 5 people is a great idea, but you don't want too many chiefs, even if they are nice ones.

Just a word of caution...when I first suggested that Prime person might not be female, several people insisted that he/she was, and I got various reasons from a few people, some reasons were repeated by several:

A. because her name was Kim

B. because she said "tee hee"

C. because she used emoticons

D. she kind of flirted.

E. they just knew...

I have known several men named Kim...and the rest..well...I've never said Tee Hee in my life it's not a foolproof tell;) the rest is self explanatory.

The only time I got really taken on eBay was when a crooked man pretended to be a woman and to make it worse, he pretended to be a mother with a son in trouble. He scammed about 100 people (this was regarding a glass purchase not comics). Apparently he did this with more than 1 ID and over several years, eventually involving hundreds of people. The police finally caught up to him.

I was convinced the person was a woman...he kept writing to me, telling me sob stories...and I believed them all.

At the time it never occured to me that someone would bother to do that, but it's true, some people value a female's statement differently than they would a male's, not that they should, but maybe it's genetic...

It seems there are a lot more female impersonators than male impersonators and it's not only in bars.

An open probation forum seems to have worked for a long time without too many incidents. I have an idea, why not just create a new rule: If you are on the probation list you cannot adjust the probation list - if you do so, it's HOS.

Also, :news: no one has ever successfully removed themselves from the PL list by simply changing the PL list.

Edited by bababooey

An open probation forum seems to have worked for a long time without too many incidents. I have an idea, why not just create a new rule: If you are on the probation list you cannot adjust the probation list - if you do so, it's HOS.

Also, :news: no one has ever successfully removed themselves from the PL list.

Then they'll just remove themselves from the HOS list.

Without locking the thread, it's just going to be 5,000 new posts of SAGAT posting the list without his name and someone reposting the list with his name over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... :ohnoez:

Also, :news: no one has ever successfully removed themselves from the PL list.

Then they'll just remove themselves from the HOS list.

Without locking the thread, it's just going to be 5,000 new posts of SAGAT posting the list without his name and someone reposting the list with his name over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.... :ohnoez:

I think if someone is dumb enough to do that then someone should PM Arch pointing him to the thread rather than change it back, let the moderators give him a strike at the very least and/or ban them from the forum.

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

It kinda sounded like you said I'm fine with the three respected board members....and Bosco. lol

Povertyrow

oakman29

mikenyc

bosco

divad

That is not your decision...

hm Oh wait, someone MANY people have told you that already! :facepalm:

I think that limiting the number of people who can change the list is a wonderful idea, for a long time it was only Divad and it worked well that way.

I just suggest that Divad and Pov be the primaries and the others, alternates (if one of the primaries is not available)...having 5 people is a great idea, but you don't want too many chiefs, even if they are nice ones.

Please lock the Probation List thread.

I don't check it often, but it's a watched thread of mine, and I hate wasting time sifting through pages of it and find out nothing has changed on the list. The comments are not supposed to be there, that was the point of making that thread and instructing everyone to not post there unless it was to alter the list. That is not happening, clearly, so lock the thread so that it can be what it's supposed to be, an updated Probation List. It's like watching TV and having to fast forward through commercials to get to the subject of the program.

I support the consensus of others to limit that thread access. Regards,

I agree with Peter Loves Gwen's suggestion. Lock the tread.

And if those five members: (Povertyrow, oakman29, mikenyc, bosco and divad) are amenable to taking on the task, I would agree with their nominations as well.

Edited by DWL

How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

Perhaps it may have to come to that. Hopefully there is a way to allow this :wishluck:

How would we go about locking the thread from the general population,and only five people having access to it? Would we need to ask Arch for moderator status only in the probie thread?

Well, I imagine it would be similar to Shin and the Donut in the Virtual thread.