• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Sheesh, everthin's fine now? Did I miss a paddlin'?

No, just some male stripper video that must have sent someone through the roof.

:eek:

I was compelled to add the male vid as I also provided a female vid. I am a firm believer in equal opportunity postings.

:luhv:

(worship)

and I never even got to see it;) :ohnoez:

I'm having trouble getting a response from Dale Roberts concerning the comics I paid for in his modern sales thread. I paid on 3/19/12 and subsequently received a tracking number for Priority mail shipping. To this date there is no information regarding the items actually being shipped. The only information I see is that a delivery confirmation number was created. I have sent two messages to Dale but I have not received a response.

I'm having trouble getting a response from Dale Roberts concerning the comics I paid for in his modern sales thread. I paid on 3/19/12 and subsequently received a tracking number for Priority mail shipping. To this date there is no information regarding the items actually being shipped. The only information I see is that a delivery confirmation number was created. I have sent two messages to Dale but I have not received a response.

30 days, m'man. I bet you'll be getting your comics. :wishluck:

30 days, m'man. I bet you'll be getting your comics. :wishluck:

This is true, unless there is an urgent issue with Dale, you will get your books shortly.

I' I have sent two messages to Dale but I have not received a response.

Dale may take a bit to get back to you but don't worry, he's probably busy gearing up for C2E2. Never had a problem buying or selling with him. Relax, he'll get around to you.

Ok, thanks for the responses. I am really not having good experiences when it comes to buying lately. Either its poor communication or receiving items in not as described condition and shipped poorly packaged.

I sell items and have had buyers message me about the status of their shipments to which I immediately respond. Just common courtesy in my opinion. I work, have kids , the whole nine yards but I am never that busy that I cannot respond to people who have paid me money and are expecting their merchandise in a timely manner. I don't particularly like the "pay me quickly I ship to you slowly" mentality some sellers have.

rantrant

Ok, I'm done. Thanks.

Ok, thanks for the responses. I am really not having good experiences when it comes to buying lately. Either its poor communication or receiving items in not as described condition and shipped poorly packaged.

I sell items and have had buyers message me about the status of their shipments to which I immediately respond. Just common courtesy in my opinion. I work, have kids , the whole nine yards but I am never that busy that I cannot respond to people who have paid me money and are expecting their merchandise in a timely manner. I don't particularly like the "pay me quickly I ship to you slowly" mentality some sellers have.

rantrant

Ok, I'm done. Thanks.

+1. Communication is easy.

Actually he sent a question on the 25th and I was in Kansas City and forgot to respond and then he sent one a couple of hours ago that I already responded to.

Sorry, had alot to ship and get ready for Planet Comicon and now C2E2. I probably should have gotten to it before now, but I didn't. Finished shipping everything today.

I hope this doesn't become like ebay where if people don't have there books in 5 days you start getting negative feedback. I know when I buy stuff, I don't ever give it a second thought. I know it will show up at some point.

Thanks to all you guys for sticking up for me. I really appreciate it, and I will try to do better about communication.

rantrant

Ok, I'm done. Thanks.

+2. Communication is easy.

Dan

rantrant

Ok, I'm done. Thanks.

Dan

Computication is eesy #6

rantrant

Ok, I'm done. Thanks.

Dan

Computication is eesy #6

:makepoint:

Five days elicits concern regarding a seller with known credentials/feedback?

:eyeroll:

Let's try to remember that people have other things going on in their lives at times (be it work, family, other hobbies, etc.). While it may be nice if you are an immediate pay/immediate ship type of person, that does not obligate everyone else to adhere to that. We have the thirty day guidelines in place and unless the deal was consummated under different conditions, that is the generally accepted standard for a sale here (although some move much quicker than that).

If immediacy is needed or several day delays in PM communications get distressing, perhaps buying in person is a better strategy that will evoke less anxiety/concern.

Sorry to be somewhat harsh, but I just do not see a problem here at all :shrug:

I must have misread the OP's note. I got the impression that he paid on 3/19 and got a delivery Conf notice right after.

Seriously, if I got a Delivery Conf notice and didn't hear for a week, I'd be wondering too, not because of the seller, but the mail.

I'm not sure why people print postage and don't mail the items right away, I know myself, that I find it more efficient to do the whole process at once, but it's not the first time I've seen this happen.

Now I know Dale, and I KNOW he's not going to cheat someone regarding mailing those books,so I would not have worried myself, and I see he's already apologized, but I can see the OP's point. He's new, probably never met Dale in person, so I think we need to cut him a little slack.

Well, the problem I have is the lack of communication in private that lead to this dialogue in the open forum. Before I posted here I checked to see if the seller made any posts anywhere else in the forum. He posted a response in the Golden Age thread. That is when I got offended. If he has time to make comments in a sales thread then he should have time to respond to my message. He did not send a response until I posted in this thread.

This is my first time buying from this seller so I don't know him as you all do. All I wanted to know was if he mailed the package so I could check the post office to see if they made an error in their delivery confirmation system. Which they do. I mail items out 2-3 times a week so I know. The item could have been sitting at the post office waiting on me or something to that effect. As a buyer I have a right to inquire about a transaction at any time since its my money.

I don't have any animosity toward the seller nor am I looking to hit him with negative feedback. If people are ok with waiting 30 days for items from him so be it. If he had notified me that it would take up to 30 days then I would have known not to be concerned.

I don't think there is ever a time that a seller shouldn't respond to a pm from a buyer. It may not be the same day but it should be promptly.

I don't think you did anything wrong. As was stated, I think the Boards need to cut you a little slack. The seller is very highly regarded and everyone jumped on you. Don't take it personally.

I understand your comment about checking to see if the seller was on the Boards while not responding to your PM's. I have done similar searches.