• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

Strange that the popcorn emoticon, the most non-threatening, non-engaging of all of the emoticons (even the snoozing one can be seen as abrasive in certain situations) causes people some kind of strange paranoia.

It's essentially saying, "I'm just a spectator here. Just here to observe."

Why is that so threatening to some of you?

:popcorn:

A friend told me you had him on ignore, I asked how he could tell, and he said that if you try to send a PM, from one of the threads, it says you are on ignore. So, out of curiosity, I tried it.

Then, I figured if I was on ignore, I could not read the PM you sent to me...so I clicked on it. (Yes, Greggy, you were right, I was wrong)

I don't really understand the system because I've never had anyone on ignore.

However, to answer your PM... I certainly don't think that the majority of people here are psychotic. I do think perhaps 3 or 4 people have serious problems, and as I replied, if you have SO many people on ignore, perhaps there is a problem with your perception. I don't feel this way because I'm as naive as you seem to think, but because I actually have a great deal of experience, dealing with people, usually, in a positive manner.

I DO understand what ignore means...it's not my usual method of operation, however, to help you, I will not be answering any more PMs, until you give up the mime act.

Stewing over every post while you are on a forced "vacation" does not seem to be a healthy method of dealing with things. I really don't think that is what was intended when people are given a strike. Rather, it's a way to take a step back and cool off.

Mime acts, don't seem to be a good cooling off method either...but that's just my opinion, and since you have me on ignore, it's not necessary for you to read this.

I sincerely hope you decide to just take a small break and cool down.

The only member I have or had on

"*** You are ignoring this user ***"

"Toggle the display of this post"

since I have joined these boards is RMA. RMA having you on ignore is his loss (thumbs u Maybe consider this a blessing :grin:

Yeah, same here. He is the only member I have ever had (and have) on ignore. As a result, I have purposely not commented on some of the other discussions around his sales thread antics but there is one line in that note from Sharon I can't ignore.

RMA's assertion that others on the forum may be psychotic is actually very chilling. If he truly feels that way, this suggests his problems run much deeper than mere immaturity.

I'm going to break my silence for this one and only point:

I never said anything like "the majority of people here are psychotic."

But that didn't stop skypinkblu from claiming I did, and thus reinforcing a narrative about me that is false. And it certainly didn't stop many people, people commenting here (FT, Diggler, DWL, 8milemax, etc) from BELIEVING it, because it fits in with the narrative. There are plenty of folks here who would gladly believe that I'm a pedophile, murderer, embezzler, rapist, etc. Not because of any evidence that proves it, but simply because it fits in with what they believe about me.

But I didn't say it.

Because it's obviously not true.

False accusations are damaging. False accusations are destructive. Think Salem, Mass, 1692.

There's a reason "You must not bear false witness" is one of the big 10.

Back to our regularly scheduled popcorn and bash fest.

I did not keep the PM, I deleted it, so I don't have the exact wording. If that was not exactly what you said, it was my perception of what you said.

If my perception was wrong, I apologize, I'm very glad to hear that is not how you feel. (thumbs u

A friend told me you had him on ignore, I asked how he could tell, and he said that if you try to send a PM, from one of the threads, it says you are on ignore. So, out of curiosity, I tried it.

Then, I figured if I was on ignore, I could not read the PM you sent to me...so I clicked on it. (Yes, Greggy, you were right, I was wrong)

However, to answer your PM... I certainly don't think that the majority of people here are psychotic. I do think perhaps 3 or 4 people have serious problems, and as I replied, if you have SO many people on ignore, perhaps there is a problem with your perception. I don't feel this way because I'm as naive as you seem to think, but because I actually have a great deal of experience, dealing with people, usually, in a positive manner.

I DO understand what ignore means...it's not my usual method of operation, however, to help you, I will not be answering any more PMs, until you give up the mime act.

Stewing over every post while you are on a forced "vacation" does not seem to be a healthy method of dealing with things. I really don't think that is what was intended when people are given a strike. Rather, it's a way to take a step back and cool off.

Mime acts, don't seem to be a good cooling off method either...but that's just my opinion, and since you have me on ignore, it's not necessary for you to read this.

since I have joined these boards is RMA. RMA having you on ignore is his loss (thumbs u Maybe consider this a blessing :grin:

Yeah, same here. He is the only member I have ever had (and have) on ignore. As a result, I have purposely not commented on some of the other discussions around his sales thread antics but there is one line in that note from Sharon I can't ignore.

RMA's assertion that others on the forum may be psychotic is actually very chilling. If he truly feels that way, this suggests his problems run much deeper than mere immaturity.

But that didn't stop skypinkblu from claiming I did, and thus reinforcing a narrative about me that is false. And it certainly didn't stop many people, people commenting here (FT, Diggler, DWL, 8milemax, etc) from BELIEVING it, because it fits in with the narrative. There are plenty of folks here who would gladly believe that I'm a pedophile, murderer, embezzler, rapist, etc. Not because of any evidence that proves it, but simply because it fits in with what they believe about me.

But I didn't say it.

False accusations are damaging. False accusations are destructive. Think Salem, Mass, 1692.

I did not keep the PM, I deleted it, so I don't have the exact wording. If that was not exactly what you said, it was my perception of what you said.

If my perception was wrong, I apologize, I'm very glad to hear that is not how you feel. (thumbs u

:o

:applause:

:cloud9:

Strange that the popcorn emoticon, the most non-threatening, non-engaging of all of the emoticons (even the snoozing one can be seen as abrasive in certain situations) causes people some kind of strange paranoia.

It's essentially saying, "I'm just a spectator here. Just here to observe."

Why is that so threatening to some of you?

Who has found the popcorn monster threatening? ???

I nominate acroyals to the probation list.

He is a new guy with only 30 posts. Bought a ton of books then disappeared.

I doubt he will be back, but if he does come back, you all have been warned about him.

Hey Chunky,

How dare you bring this thread back on topic! :baiting:

But seriously, how does a guy who joined the boards 32 days ago and never publicly bought something warrant a nomination? If it's off-board you can still nominate but you should give some details in order for the nomination to get serious consideration by the mob.

2c

Here's a link to all the posts by acroyals. (shrug)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=userposts&id=21301

I doubt he will be back, but if he does come back, you all have been warned about him.

Hey Chunky,

But seriously, how does a guy who joined the boards 32 days ago and never publicly bought something warrant a nomination? If it's off-board you can still nominate but you should give some details in order for the nomination to get serious consideration by the mob.

2c

Maybe we should find out if it was part of his WTB thread. If it was, it qualifies just fine.

Hey Chunky,

2c

Maybe we should find out if it was part of his WTB thread. If it was, it qualifies just fine.

122532.jpg.1485fa54a5501f84498a1238482a7aa6.jpg

Hey Chunky,

2c

Responding to a WTB is not an off-board initiated transaction. The transaction was induced and started here.

Hey Chunky,

2c

*INSERT PROUD NERD PIC HERE*

Responding to a WTB is not an off-board initiated transaction. The transaction was induced and started here.

My attempt at self deprecating humor obviously failed.

Whether it is onboard, offboard or overboard doesn't matter, all are allowed between boardies. What's lacking is FACTS & Chunky Butt has shared few. That is why I requested CB provide some details since we can't see any for ourselves.

Then we can light our torches & sharpen our pitchforks in unison ;) I wasn't questioning the validity of his nomination. ???

conviction? hm

I like where this is going. :applause:

A poorly or partially quoted message can lead to misunderstandings.

:baiting:

I guess it can. :o

Ohhhh - POV is so going to let us have it.

paddling-_it_s-worse-than-it-sounds_-u1.jpg

What are you insinuating? :baiting:

conviction? hm

I like where this is going. :applause:

A poorly or partially quoted message can lead to misunderstandings.

:baiting:

I guess it can. :o

Ohhhh - POV is so going to let us have it.

paddling-_it_s-worse-than-it-sounds_-u1.jpg

What are you insinuating? :baiting:

lol

Bababooey is a bad influence. :ohnoez:

Hey Chunky,

2c

*INSERT PROUD NERD PIC HERE*

My attempt at self deprecating humor obviously failed.

Whether it is onboard, offboard or overboard doesn't matter, all are allowed between boardies. What's lacking is FACTS & Chunky Butt has shared few. That is why I requested CB provide some details since we can't see any for ourselves.

Then we can light our torches & sharpen our pitchforks in unison ;) I wasn't questioning the validity of his nomination. ???

doh!

I mistook the Poindexter dude as referring to me.

But I didn't say it.

What I would be interested in knowing is what side of the torch you would have been on in 1692.