• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

It’s convoluted because I’m being rational. Here are the facts:

I did double sell a book. I didn’t know it was against the rules. I was censured for it. I apologized.

Mark did try to buy the book. But he didn’t adhere to the criteria about a minimum order size. Folks, myself, and many others here, don’t want to be forced into selling $1 books. Our time is worth more.

You will note one request for a book for $10 on my thread. Contact that person. I didn’t sell him a book either.

I was contacted via email about buying one book and sold that person two.

I’ve been here for over a year and I’ve never been in trouble. Why? Because I’m a good netizen. I conduct my affairs honestly. I have had transactions that went less than perfectly and always fixed them through refunds or price reductions. I always take the high road.

Mark has shown he’s not interested in being made whole. He is using his popularity to push me around. That’s wrong. He threatened me by PM unless I did things his way, instead of the common sense approach of offering a refund of the difference. I do not want to send him a book now…I simply don’t trust what he may alledge.

Yes, you know Mark. Maybe he’s a great guy. We might have been friends if things were different. He’s got cool comics. I’ve got cool comics. But that shouldn’t influence your decision about the severity of what I did and how I tried to fix it. I think most anyone receiving similar treatment from Mark would have reacted the same way. I hope he takes the time to think on that instead of lashing out.

I’m a reasonable rational guy and I’ll send Mark the $$$ so that he can get his comic. That should be the end of this story.

WC

I did double sell a book. I didn’t know it was against the rules.I was censured for it. I apologized.

Mark did try to buy the book. But he didn’t adhere to the criteria about a minimum order size. Folks, myself, and many others here, don’t want to be forced into selling $1 books. Our time is worth more.

You will note one request for a book for $10 on my thread. Contact that person. I didn’t sell him a book either.

I’ve been here for over a year and I’ve never been in trouble. Why? Because I’m a good netizen. I conduct my affairs honestly. I have had transactions that went less than perfectly and always fixed them through refunds or price reductions. I always take the high road.

Mark has shown he’s not interested in being made whole. He is using his popularity to push me around. That’s wrong. He threatened me by PM unless I did things his way, instead of the common sense approach of offering a refund of the difference. I do not want to send him a book now…I simply don’t trust what he may alledge.

Yes, you know Mark. Maybe he’s a great guy. We might have been friends if things were different. He’s got cool comics. I’ve got cool comics. But that shouldn’t influence your decision about the severity of what I did and how I tried to fix it. I think most anyone receiving similar treatment from Mark would have reacted the same way. I hope he takes the time to think on that instead of lashing out.

I’m a reasonable rational guy and I’ll send Mark the $$$ so that he can get his comic. That should be the end of this story.

WC

I did double sell a book. I didn’t know it was against the rules. I was censured for it. I apologized.

WC

And judging from your Ebay sale it did sell about 16 minutes before Mark1 took it anyway. So you are being straight about that.

The error was selling here and there at the same time. All you can do now is own that, and try to be up on the selling guidelines for next time. You've been here over a year. You've had the time. Doing so give yours buyers and other boardies the sense you respect the place. That's a pretty big deal going forward.

I think both of you guys need to talk again calmly. I don't see anything sinister here, just a bad situation.

Good God, isn't one thread bashing me enough?

Dont worry you are just the flavor of the moment, the Probation Thread will long outlive your botched transaction.

Side point, and Weekend gets to do what he wants, but has anyone else seen a "minimum" requirement in sales threads here? Cause I dont remember seeing any, and that includes some peoples $1/book threads....

Again, Weekend gets to do what he wants, its his thread...

I just think most buyers here arent thinking "minimums" when they start buying (and there's nothing saying he wasnt going to buy more.... and was waiting to see what else was offered in the thread)

I think HOTFLIPS or whatever his name is uses a $20 minimum for comic supply orders on the boards.

If anything, it is becoming all to common that people post threads without reading the rules. I am still considered a n00b around here, but I have executed many transactions as both a buyer and a seller. The bottom line, I read the rules. Maybe people don't notice that we have rules at all and perhaps we need to find a way to call attention to the rules more effectively.

2c

The $20 minimum is because I don't live close to the post office so there is gas money involved. Also, I'm a busy guy...wife, kids, etc. Packaging takes time.

I want to reiterate something. If the same thing happened to me, I'd have just let it go. Why? Because making a big case out of it can harm the reputation of the seller. There should be (and maybe there are), equal rules about damaging a seller's reputation beyond a reproach. There should be limits on how far the "wronged party" can take things. Our civil courts work that way. Next time, you might be the seller and make an honest mistake and you could be trashed far beyond what is right.

If it happened to me, I'd have let it go. That's the truth.

Being here over a year and, apparently, being an active seller, it appears as if Weekend should have known the rules against double listing.

He claims he didn't know the rules, though, and says he will abide by them now that he knows them. I would be inclined to say that unless he double lists again, there's not much point in putting him on the PL.

One other point: IMHO, Weekend's comments in this thread haven't helped his reputation as a seller.

I want to reiterate something. If the same thing happened to me, I'd have just let it go. Why? Because making a big case out of it can harm the reputation of the seller. There should be (and maybe there are), equal rules about damaging a seller's reputation beyond a reproach. There should be limits on how far the "wronged party" can take things. Our civil courts work that way. Next time, you might be the seller and make an honest mistake and you could be trashed far beyond what is right.

I can see this side of the story - I guess at this point, I'm curious to what were the options to "making it right". I mean, if the book is not available, or it is and the seller does not want to ship it - what is the third option? PL until he sends the book against his will? That's not going to work. What's the amiable way out of this 30-page monstrosity?

The $20 minimum is because I don't live close to the post office so there is gas money involved. Also, I'm a busy guy...wife, kids, etc. Packaging takes time.

I think both parties should just cancel the transaction. The book is no longer available because it has been sold on ebay, who does have legally binding terms which prevents the seller from canceling the sale there. The seller made a mistake and offered a reasonable compromise that was not suitable to the buyer, but the buyer has not lost any money over this. The seller should just agree to follow the rules from here on and that should be it. It was a small transaction for a common book anyway. Seems like its getting blown out of proportion. 2c

You guys are just jealous of my idea. :baiting:

I like the idea. If we had it, then a seller who double lists can't claim ignorance and should go on the PL. (thumbs u

Maybe some would learn about the other rules too. :wishluck:

You guys are just jealous of my idea. :baiting:

Oh yeah! i would never just check the "agree to terms and conditions" box on a website without reading each and every word! (thumbs u

I knew you would see it my way. :cloud9:

I can see this side of the story - I guess at this point, I'm curious to what were the options to "making it right".

Drawn & quartered.