• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

yeah i messaged him the night i brought it up here for the first time..

Do you mean your post of July 17? I understand that you have been trying to get a satisfactory response via PM, but have you sent him a PM specifically saying "I am nominating you for the PL list" etc. The rules give the offender 72hrs after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story.

Wait, the offender has to reply HERE?

Cool.

Kitsune...? Tell your side of the story.

Time for the PL.

He doesn't have to. You just gotta send him a PM and then give him 72 hours to tell his side, if he wants to.

"The rules give the offender 72 hours after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story" and "He doesn't have to (reply with his side of the story)" are contradictory statements.

He gets the 72 hours to reply, but he doesn't have to reply. If there's no reply, you win. But he replied to your PM (dickishly), so...

Do you mean your post of July 17? I understand that you have been trying to get a satisfactory response via PM, but have you sent him a PM specifically saying "I am nominating you for the PL list" etc. The rules give the offender 72hrs after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

He doesn't have to. You just gotta send him a PM and then give him 72 hours to tell his side, if he wants to.

Which he did and the guy offered to pay... no matter how unappreciative he did it... he did offer to pay.

Not saying he will...just that according to RMA post of his PM here... that he did offer.

True, which would put a cramp in RMA's style if he were still trying to put the dude on the PL (is he?). But it doesn't give kitsune the right to turn the tables.

Could be but not addressed in the rules.

Isn't it? After 30 days, if the buyer hasn't paid, their deal has gone south. The seller is free to resell, or put the buyer on the PL. If the seller were at the mercy of the buyer's coming back at any time demanding the comic, that'd make little sense, don't you think?

That would be counter-intuitive, I agree.

Given the purpose and intent of "the list", the potential probie isn't given such power or ability.

All I'm saying is Chris... if RMA brings it here and wants to paid, and the guy offers to pay... no matter how rude he is, the whole reason behind coming to this thread worked.

I agree that if someone is put on the list, there has to be a way to get off of the list.

That can be by completing the deal or the seller reselling the item to someone else or refusing the deal with the original buyer after it was offered.

I think before that PM back to RMA he may have still gone through with the deal. I can see why he doesn't want to now, and I don't blame him. Although we can't PL him without any means of him being able to make amends.

Then RMA needs to pull back his PL threat.

Is Rupp joking?

I thought so at first, but I think he's serious.

I'm serious in the fact that no matter how much of a dbag the guy is, you can't put him on the PL if he offers to pay for the item.

Yeah, I hear you there. I'm thinking RMA can put him on the PL, but would then have to accept his payment and take him off. Knowing the kid's MO, I'd say there's a good chance he won't actually pay up.

Is Rupp joking?

I'm serious in the fact that no matter how much of a dbag the guy is, you can't put him on the PL if he offers to pay for the item.

Yeah, I hear you there. I'm thinking RMA can put him on the PL, but would then have to accept his payment and take him off. Knowing the kid's MO, I'd say there's a good chance he won't actually pay up.

Or that he intentionally insulted RMA in the hopes that he'd refuse payment and he'd then leap through that loop hole.

Is Rupp joking?

I agree in that he probably won't. But the point is he answered RMA's request and threat of the PL and offered to pay (dbaggedly but still did)... and then RMA states he won't sell it to him?

I think that's textbook spite RMA ;)

Cool.

Time for the PL.

Which he did and the guy offered to pay... no matter how unappreciative he did it... he did offer to pay.

Not saying he will...just that according to RMA post of his PM here... that he did offer.

True, which would put a cramp in RMA's style if he were still trying to put the dude on the PL (is he?). But it doesn't give kitsune the right to turn the tables.

Isn't it? After 30 days, if the buyer hasn't paid, their deal has gone south. The seller is free to resell, or put the buyer on the PL. If the seller were at the mercy of the buyer's coming back at any time demanding the comic, that'd make little sense, don't you think?

Given the purpose and intent of "the list", the potential probie isn't given such power or ability.

All I'm saying is Chris... if RMA brings it here and wants to paid, and the guy offers to pay... no matter how rude he is, the whole reason behind coming to this thread worked.

You are, for the third time, mistaken.

I accept the fact that he cannot be put on the PL if he offers to pay.

I was hoping he would ignore that, so that he could be put on the probation list. This is, as has been mentioned, not the first time he has done this.

However, due to the consistently disrespectful manner in which kitsune has behaved (asking for additional time to pay AFTER posting an unqualified :takeit:, promising to pay by the end of June, then not paying without any notification as to why, ignoring PMs, then stating that he wouldn't be paying until after SDCC, etc etc etc,), I have chosen not to sell the book to him.

If that gets him off the PL hook...so be it.

It should not, however, then turn around and be grounds for putting me on instead.

I question your motives.

Is Rupp joking?

Or that he intentionally insulted RMA in the hopes that he'd refuse payment and he'd then leap through that loop hole.

Also entirely possible. I would say "sure pay me in the morning" and when he doesn't, then there you go. PL all the way.

Is Rupp joking?

Also entirely possible. I would say "sure pay me in the morning" and when he doesn't, then there you go. PL all the way.

I'd put him on the PL right now, and tell him he'll come off once I have the money, and he's acknowledged receipt of the comic.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

I was hoping he would ignore that, so that he could be put on the probation list. This is, as has been mentioned, not the first time he has done this.

However, due to the consistently disrespectful manner in which kitsune has behaved (asking for additional time to pay AFTER posting an unqualified :takeit:, promising to pay by the end of June, then not paying without any notification as to why, ignoring PMs, then stating that he wouldn't be paying until after SDCC, etc etc etc,), I have chosen not to sell the book to him.

It should not, however, then turn around and be grounds for putting me on instead.

I question your motives.

I question your sanity. On many levels and on many different occasions.

Either take the guys money, that you ASKED for here... or shut up.

Is Rupp joking?

I agree in that he probably won't. But the point is he answered RMA's request and threat of the PL and offered to pay (dbaggedly but still did)... and then RMA states he won't sell it to him?

I think that's textbook spite RMA ;)

Of course you do.

You do, however, have an odd definition of the word "spite."

Cool.

Time for the PL.

I question your motives.

Jesus man, WTF? RMA's being pretty reasonable, or at the very least totally understandable, and this kid's a little snot. Are you seeing something I'm not?

That you need to insult me because I said "I question your motives" only proves the point.

You are, for the fourth time, mistaken. I did not "ASK" for payment.

As for "shutting up"...I did that a long time ago. It would be nice if you could do the same.

That you need to insult me because I said "I question your motives" only proves the point.

As for "shutting up"...I did that a long time ago. It would be nice if you could do the same.

What point are you making RMA?

The PL is used to attempt to "finish" transactions started between boardies.

The PL is "asking" the offender to complete the deal. Where did that understanding fly by you?

The PL is "asking" the offender to complete the deal. Where did that understanding fly by you?

Would you yourself really be comfortable completing this transaction after the buyer's response? Don't you think that even if he did pay for the book and RMA ships it, there would be some shenanigans coming up (chargeback, not as described, etc., etc.)?

Seeing this buyer's attitude and the fact that he kept dragging this out until he was called out, I wouldn't deal with him either.

RMA may not technically be able to put him on the list if he refuses to sell to him, but the buyer's name is now mud here.

Would you yourself really be comfortable completing this transaction after the buyer's response? Don't you think that even if he did pay for the book and RMA ships it, there would be some shenanigans coming up (chargeback, not as described, etc., etc.)?

Seeing this buyer's attitude and the fact that he kept dragging this out until he was called out, I wouldn't deal with him either.

RMA may not technically be able to put him on the list if he refuses to sell to him, but the buyer's name is now mud here.

Totally. That's why I said

I'd put him on the PL right now, and tell him he'll come off once I have the money, and he's acknowledged receipt of the comic.

Also true.

All I'm saying is... don't dangle the PL in front of someone, get them to agree to pay to stay off the PL (no matter how dbaggedly they answered)... and then pull the option away from them.

That's spite RMA.

Also true.

All I'm saying is... don't dangle the PL in front of someone, get them to agree to pay to stay off the PL (no matter how dbaggedly they answered)... and then pull the option away from them.

That's spite RMA.

I really don't think so. The kid's been a jerk the whole time, putting RMA off and generally treting everything very lightly, then he comes back with his stupid comments ... are you really telling me you'd sell him the comic at that point? What a tool the kid's being, for real!!

Also true.

That's spite RMA.

I really don't think so. The kid's been a jerk the whole time, putting RMA off and generally treting everything very lightly, then he comes back with his stupid comments ... are you really telling me you'd sell him the comic at that point? What a tool the kid's being, for real!!

The point of the PL is to "finish" transactions between boardies, Speedy. Do you agree?

If not, why bring it here in the first place?