• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I just went through my PM box. I have nothing from the seller regarding your item. He did post tracking info for another item though.

If you're not used to shipping outside the US it can be tricky but its not rocket science. If you need a refund I can obviously accommodate. Send him one more new subject PM and copy me on it please.

I've been saying all along that kudos threads are useless. The last couple discussions in this thread are providing data that the kudos threads aren't just useless but are downright misleading and are actually lulling buyers and sellers into a false sense of security. For the millionth time: feedback threads that do not allow for negative comments provide no utility when making informed buying and selling decisions. Time to abolish the kudos threads.

I've been saying all along that kudos threads are useless. The last couple discussions in this thread are providing data that the kudos threads aren't just useless but are downright misleading and are actually lulling buyers and sellers into a false sense of security. For the millionth time: feedback threads that do not allow for negative comments provide no utility when making informed buying and selling decisions. Time to abolish the kudos threads.

The positive_only_kudos_thread_policy is consistent with the rest of that sub-forum which is the marketplace (positive comments only; no threadkrapping) - many of the sales threads look more like mini-kudos threads than sales threads anyways.....

The positive_only_kudos_thread_policy is consistent with the rest of that sub-forum which is the marketplace (positive comments only; no threadkrapping) - many of the sales threads look more like mini-kudos threads than sales threads anyways.....

+1

Imagine how different it would look if overgrading and price gouging were allowed to be called out when encountered. :eek:

the kudos threads aren't useless as you can see a pattern of positive transactions and you can see which boardies they've dealt with but feedback threads rather than positive feedback threads would be more useful

Doc Balls and others passed around the idea of improving the Kudos thread and no one wanted anything to do with it. :(
more and more I think we're too busy trying not to offend rather than calling out bad grading and bad sellers/buyers

As I recall, the positive only thing was Arch's rule, so I don't see how we can change that.

Besides, you all HAVE to know that if someone says something uncomplimentary about someone else, there is just going to be a great deal of gnashing of teeth, crying, he said/she said and memes, lots and lots of memes.

I don't see a huge problem. Read the kudos, look at some of the person's sales threads, maybe even google a little...and buy wisely. If there is a problem, ask for a refund. If they won't refund, then it's time to visit here.

Doc Balls and others passed around the idea of improving the Kudos thread and no one wanted anything to do with it. :(
more and more I think we're too busy trying not to offend rather than calling out bad grading and bad sellers/buyers

As I recall, the positive only thing was Arch's rule, so I don't see how we can change that.

Besides, you all HAVE to know that if someone says something uncomplimentary about someone else, there is just going to be a great deal of gnashing of teeth, crying, he said/she said and memes, lots and lots of memes.

I don't see a huge problem. Read the kudos, look at some of the person's sales threads, maybe even google a little...and buy wisely. If there is a problem, ask for a refund. If they won't refund, then it's time to visit here.

We've been round and round on this and I know that true feedback threads ain't happening, but I have a feeling there are a lot of scammy or semi-scammy transactions that occur in the selling threads that no one hears about. A lot of people don't even know the PL -- or this thread -- exists. They get taken advantage of and don't see a recourse other than, if it's bad enough, to try a chargeback on their cc ... and to take their business somewhere else.

I've been strictly a buyer but if I were a seller I would be pushing for true feedback threads to help reassure buyers.

We've been round and round on this and I know that true feedback threads ain't happening, but I have a feeling there are a lot of scammy or semi-scammy transactions that occur in the selling threads that no one hears about. A lot of people don't even know the PL -- or this thread -- exists. They get taken advantage of and don't see a recourse other than, if it's bad enough, to try a chargeback on their cc ... and to take their business somewhere else.

I've been strictly a buyer but if I were a seller I would be pushing for true feedback threads to help reassure buyers.

I don't have a problem with "true feedback" I'm not going to get into a fight with someone, if I make a mistake, I'm going to fall all over myself trying to make up for it....but I'm not typical. There will be much kvetching...

That however was not my point...my point was, it was Arch's decision, so who exactly is going to be pushing him?

We are guests...and I would hate to have the sales forums affected, I love the sales forum.

Sometimes you have to be happy with the gifts you have.

I've taken to calling out stuff that irritates me in the General Discussion thread. It makes me feel a little better, and hardly ever have I been the only person to notice something.

Was that the kooky check mark thing? Are you using that?

Nah... I've switched to the kooky calling things out that irritate me approach. People seem to like it better :grin:

Was that the kooky check mark thing? Are you using that?

Nah... I've switched to the kooky calling things out that irritate me approach. People seem to like it better :grin:

It feels so good! :banana:

I contacted Zombizzy on the morning of 7-8-13 asking for his address that I can send the books to and have still not heard back from him.

1. Has Zombizzy read your PM asking for the address?

2. Zombizzy hasnt posted on the boards since 9:19am on 7/8, so its possible he hasnt been on to see your PM, but you're the only one who can confirm that.

3. Did Zombizzy already issue you your refund, or is he waiting until books are received (either way is fine, just curious which way he addressed this)?

He contacted me at 9:20am on 7-8-13 asking if a certain refund amount was acceptable. I wrote him back at 9:33am on 7-8-13 asking for the address to ship the books back. Have not heard from him since. I have not received a refund as of this post.

Does it show in your PM to him that he read your message back? Maybe he hasnt been on the boards since your response (so he would neither have your confirmation on refund amount nor see your request for his address).

Now with a matter outstanding like this he should make a point to check back in on the boards, but who knows maybe something disastrous happened in RL.

Until I saw that you stressed "did he read my msg" and I went back to check to see if there was a read/unread verification somewhere in the msg, I did not know that existed. Zombizzy has not seen the message I have sent to him yet.

Any luck?

He finally contacted me today with his address.

We ain't forgot you. Everything moving forward?

I contacted Zombizzy on the morning of 7-8-13 asking for his address that I can send the books to and have still not heard back from him.

2. Zombizzy hasnt posted on the boards since 9:19am on 7/8, so its possible he hasnt been on to see your PM, but you're the only one who can confirm that.

3. Did Zombizzy already issue you your refund, or is he waiting until books are received (either way is fine, just curious which way he addressed this)?

He contacted me at 9:20am on 7-8-13 asking if a certain refund amount was acceptable. I wrote him back at 9:33am on 7-8-13 asking for the address to ship the books back. Have not heard from him since. I have not received a refund as of this post.

Does it show in your PM to him that he read your message back? Maybe he hasnt been on the boards since your response (so he would neither have your confirmation on refund amount nor see your request for his address).

Now with a matter outstanding like this he should make a point to check back in on the boards, but who knows maybe something disastrous happened in RL.

Until I saw that you stressed "did he read my msg" and I went back to check to see if there was a read/unread verification somewhere in the msg, I did not know that existed. Zombizzy has not seen the message I have sent to him yet.

Any luck?

Haha . I still have not received a refund from Zombizzy.

Any luck?

Haha . I still have not received a refund from Zombizzy.

Cripes. What was the deal y'all worked out? Return the comics then get a refund, or refund first?