• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

yeah i messaged him the night i brought it up here for the first time..

Do you mean your post of July 17? I understand that you have been trying to get a satisfactory response via PM, but have you sent him a PM specifically saying "I am nominating you for the PL list" etc. The rules give the offender 72hrs after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story.

Wait, the offender has to reply HERE?

Cool.

Kitsune...? Tell your side of the story.

Time for the PL.

Pretty much looks like RMA is going for the PL (shrug)

Do you mean your post of July 17? I understand that you have been trying to get a satisfactory response via PM, but have you sent him a PM specifically saying "I am nominating you for the PL list" etc. The rules give the offender 72hrs after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

He doesn't have to. You just gotta send him a PM and then give him 72 hours to tell his side, if he wants to.

Which he did and the guy offered to pay... no matter how unappreciative he did it... he did offer to pay.

Not saying he will...just that according to RMA post of his PM here... that he did offer.

True, which would put a cramp in RMA's style if he were still trying to put the dude on the PL (is he?). But it doesn't give kitsune the right to turn the tables.

Could be but not addressed in the rules.

Isn't it? After 30 days, if the buyer hasn't paid, their deal has gone south. The seller is free to resell, or put the buyer on the PL. If the seller were at the mercy of the buyer's coming back at any time demanding the comic, that'd make little sense, don't you think?

Cool.

Time for the PL.

Yeah, that's a different story.

RMA, if you put the guy on the PL, you gotta honor his attempt to make things right, douchey though it may be. :sorry:

I have received a response from kitsune:

Oh snap! On noes!!! Internet forum bullies...

You still have it? I will buy. Let me know. I can send payment tonight if not tomorrow early morning.

I really, REALLY dislike having to deal with smartass brats whose word isn't worth the pixels on the screen, but I will respect the mores of the board and not put him on the probation list if I cannot do it without actually selling him the book. I will not, however, sell the book to him. He can find it elsewhere.

I find it extremely distasteful that this "gentleman" can avoid the probation list at the 11th hour, but if those are the rules, I will respect them.

This guy clearly has no respect for this board, basic manners, or even his own word.

Remember when a man's word was as good as gold? I don't, because I was born in the '70s. I've heard that it was really cool, though.

Well if you won't sell him the book... can't he put you on the PL list, RMA?

hm

30 days are well up, so nope.

If he offers to pay for the book and RMA refuses... especially after bringing it here and WANTING payment... seems only fair.

You are mistaken.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

He doesn't have to. You just gotta send him a PM and then give him 72 hours to tell his side, if he wants to.

Which he did and the guy offered to pay... no matter how unappreciative he did it... he did offer to pay.

Not saying he will...just that according to RMA post of his PM here... that he did offer.

True, which would put a cramp in RMA's style if he were still trying to put the dude on the PL (is he?). But it doesn't give kitsune the right to turn the tables.

Isn't it? After 30 days, if the buyer hasn't paid, their deal has gone south. The seller is free to resell, or put the buyer on the PL. If the seller were at the mercy of the buyer's coming back at any time demanding the comic, that'd make little sense, don't you think?

The buyer responded to him yesterday... not a year later.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

RMA, if you put the guy on the PL, you gotta honor his attempt to make things right, douchey though it may be. :sorry:

I did not "bring it here and WANT" payment. Kitsune failed to honor his word and pay for something in a timely manner that he claimed. In addition, he attempted to add payment terms to the sale that weren't agreed upon prior to his claiming the item.

If a buyer can 1. not pay without the threat of the PL; 2. attempt to add their own terms to a sale without approvale; 3. be disrespectful and snide about it; and then put the SELLER on the PL list for choosing not to sell to them after all that, there is something grossly wrong with the whole process.

My terms of sale are clear. I reserved the right to not do business with whomever I chose. Kitsune had 30 days to pay, and he refused, even violating his own promise to pay by the end of June.

Bio-Rupp is simply posting out of spite.

You still have it? I will buy. Let me know. I can send payment tonight if not tomorrow early morning.

I really, REALLY dislike having to deal with smartass brats whose word isn't worth the pixels on the screen, but I will respect the mores of the board and not put him on the probation list if I cannot do it without actually selling him the book. I will not, however, sell the book to him. He can find it elsewhere.

I find it extremely distasteful that this "gentleman" can avoid the probation list at the 11th hour, but if those are the rules, I will respect them.

This guy clearly has no respect for this board, basic manners, or even his own word.

Remember when a man's word was as good as gold? I don't, because I was born in the '70s. I've heard that it was really cool, though.

hm

If he offers to pay for the book and RMA refuses... especially after bringing it here and WANTING payment... seems only fair.

You are mistaken.

Really RMA you should give him a chance to buy the thing if he is willing and you bought it here.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

That would be counter-intuitive, I agree.

Given the purpose and intent of "the list", the potential probie isn't given such power or ability.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

Hey man, 30 days is 30 days. :shrug: Day 31 or day 301, he still doesn't have dibs on the comic. If he's been put on the PL, he's gotta have a way to get off, and that might imply that he still needs to be able to buy the thing, but that's not necessarily the case.

Edited by Speedy-D

Cool.

Time for the PL.

I did not "bring it here and WANT" payment. Kitsune failed to honor his word and pay for something in a timely manner that he claimed. In addition, he attempted to add payment terms to the sale that weren't agreed upon prior to his claiming the item.

If a buyer can 1. not pay without the threat of the PL; 2. attempt to add their own terms to a sale without approvale; 3. be disrespectful and snide about it; and then put the SELLER on the PL list for choosing not to sell to them after all that, there is something grossly wrong with the whole process.

My terms of sale are clear. I reserved the right to not do business with whomever I chose.

Bio-Rupp is simply posting out of spite.

Spite? Spite of what? The guy offered to pay you after you brought it here. Where's the spite?

hm

You are mistaken.

Really RMA you should give him a chance to buy the thing if he is willing and you bought it here.

Did you read his PM? I'd say "Frak you!" too.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

You are, again, mistaken.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

Given the purpose and intent of "the list", the potential probie isn't given such power or ability.

All I'm saying is Chris... if RMA brings it here and wants to paid, and the guy offers to pay... no matter how rude he is, the whole reason behind coming to this thread worked.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

All I'm saying is Chris... if RMA brings it here and wants to paid, and the guy offers to pay... no matter how rude he is, the whole reason behind coming to this thread worked.

Screw that kid. He's being an euce-day and deserves nothing. Little freakin' boards baller, let him eat cake!! :sumo:

In reading the PM to RMA it seems like RMA gave him a chance, at which point that chance got spat upon.

Given the tone, smart-assery, and overall knobbishness of that response it doesn't sound like someone who wants, deserves, or takes seriously the "chance" he was already given. I don't know if he's done anything to deserve an additional chance on top of the one he wiped his with.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

"The rules give the offender 72 hours after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story" and "He doesn't have to (reply with his side of the story)" are contradictory statements.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

I agree that if someone is put on the list, there has to be a way to get off of the list.

That can be by completing the deal or the seller reselling the item to someone else or refusing the deal with the original buyer after it was offered.

I think before that PM back to RMA he may have still gone through with the deal. I can see why he doesn't want to now, and I don't blame him. Although we can't PL him without any means of him being able to make amends.

Is Rupp joking?

I thought so at first, but I think he's serious.

I'm serious in the fact that no matter how much of a dbag the guy is, you can't put him on the PL if he offers to pay for the item.