• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The point of the Probation List is to warn others of members who behave in bad faith. "Finishing a transaction", if it's even possible, is secondary.

You are mistaken... rule # 1 a ....

HOS and Probation List Rules

The following Probation List Rules are in effect beginning 8/1/2011. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

1) The 30-Day Rule

a) If a transaction between board members is not completed within 30 days, the offended party may submit the offender's name for inclusion to the HOS/Probation List (hereafter called the PL)

I question your sanity. On many levels and on many different occasions.

Either take the guys money, that you ASKED for here... or shut up.

That you need to insult me because I said "I question your motives" only proves the point.

You are, for the fourth time, mistaken. I did not "ASK" for payment.

As for "shutting up"...I did that a long time ago. It would be nice if you could do the same.

What point are you making RMA?

The PL is used to attempt to "finish" transactions started between boardies.

The PL is "asking" the offender to complete the deal. Where did that understanding fly by you?

Would you yourself really be comfortable completing this transaction after the buyer's response? Don't you think that even if he did pay for the book and RMA ships it, there would be some shenanigans coming up (chargeback, not as described, etc., etc.)?

Seeing this buyer's attitude and the fact that he kept dragging this out until he was called out, I wouldn't deal with him either.

RMA may not technically be able to put him on the list if he refuses to sell to him, but the buyer's name is now mud here.

Also true.

All I'm saying is... don't dangle the PL in front of someone, get them to agree to pay to stay off the PL (no matter how dbaggedly they answered)... and then pull the option away from them.

That's spite RMA.

I really don't think so. The kid's been a jerk the whole time, putting RMA off and generally treting everything very lightly, then he comes back with his stupid comments ... are you really telling me you'd sell him the comic at that point? What a tool the kid's being, for real!!

The point of the PL is to "finish" transactions between boardies, Speedy. Do you agree?

If not, why bring it here in the first place?

First of all, this isn't the PL. This is the PL Discussion thread, and the point of it is exactly what's going on. Second, the point of the PL is to get the offender to do the right thing; and to warn others of malefactors; and to finish transactions when and where possible, or otherwise find an acceptable solution.

RMA may well have been willing to accept the kid's payment if he hadn't been such a tool about it. I assume he would have, you probably assume he wouldn't, but neither of us really knows. The way I see it, RMA wanted to put the kid on the PL for the same reasons everyone else does, and would have (perhaps grudgingly) accepted something from the kid to get him off the list. Then the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed douches around, and RMA says, "Screw it, you suck and I'm done with you." :shrug:

That you need to insult me because I said "I question your motives" only proves the point.

As for "shutting up"...I did that a long time ago. It would be nice if you could do the same.

The PL is "asking" the offender to complete the deal. Where did that understanding fly by you?

Would you yourself really be comfortable completing this transaction after the buyer's response? Don't you think that even if he did pay for the book and RMA ships it, there would be some shenanigans coming up (chargeback, not as described, etc., etc.)?

Seeing this buyer's attitude and the fact that he kept dragging this out until he was called out, I wouldn't deal with him either.

RMA may not technically be able to put him on the list if he refuses to sell to him, but the buyer's name is now mud here.

Also true.

All I'm saying is... don't dangle the PL in front of someone, get them to agree to pay to stay off the PL (no matter how dbaggedly they answered)... and then pull the option away from them.

That's spite RMA.

I really don't think so. The kid's been a jerk the whole time, putting RMA off and generally treting everything very lightly, then he comes back with his stupid comments ... are you really telling me you'd sell him the comic at that point? What a tool the kid's being, for real!!

The point of the PL is to "finish" transactions between boardies, Speedy. Do you agree?

First of all, this isn't the PL. This is the PL Discussion thread, and the point of it is exactly what's going on. Second, the point of the PL is to get the offender to do the right thing; and to warn others of malefactors; and to finish transactions when and where possible, or otherwise find an acceptable solution.

RMA may well have been willing to accept the kid's payment if he hadn't been such a tool about it. I assume he would have, you probably assume he wouldn't, but neither of us really knows. The way I see it, RMA wanted to put the kid on the PL for the same reasons everyone else does, and would have (perhaps grudgingly) accepted something from the kid to get him off the list. Then the person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed douches around, and RMA says, "Screw it, you suck and I'm done with you." :shrug:

You are correct.

Also true.

That's spite RMA.

You are correct.

RMA... did you or did you not tell the kid in a separate PM you were going to put him on the PL due to his non payment?

I'm assuming you did since you posted his response.

Given the tone, smart-assery, and overall knobbishness of that response it doesn't sound like someone who wants, deserves, or takes seriously the "chance" he was already given. I don't know if he's done anything to deserve an additional chance on top of the one he wiped his with.

This thread brings back memories of the old "Cap Freak" days.

I agree that there are no grounds for putting kitsune on Probation, as he has offered, albeit in the rudest way possible, to rectify the situation. This is not the place to punish people, only to solve a current dispute. I wouldn't want to sell him the book either, but unless you go through with the sale and he stumbles, there's no cause here.

For my part, I will not be doing business with kitsune in the future. His lack of responsibility and and terrible attitude take a back seat to that awful internet speak. "Oh noes"? Come on...

Given the tone, smart-assery, and overall knobbishness of that response it doesn't sound like someone who wants, deserves, or takes seriously the "chance" he was already given. I don't know if he's done anything to deserve an additional chance on top of the one he wiped his with.

Man, that name brings back bad memories from that fourth strike-to-HOS situation. That kid played this probation list like a fiddle too long.

But the best was telling everyone to do something about it. He dared us!

Man, that name brings back bad memories from that fourth strike-to-HOS situation. That kid played this probation list like a fiddle too long.

But the best was telling everyone to do something about it. He dared us!

"Just try and stop me from posting, just try," lol

I agree that there are no grounds for putting kitsune on Probation, as he has offered, albeit in the rudest way possible, to rectify the situation. This is not the place to punish people, only to solve a current dispute. I wouldn't want to sell him the book either, but unless you go through with the sale and he stumbles, there's no cause here.

For my part, I will not be doing business with kitsune in the future. His lack of responsibility and and terrible attitude take a back seat to that awful internet speak. "Oh noes"? Come on...

Just offering to pay doesn't get you off the PL. Actually, it's usually what gets you on the PL. lol

I was kinda hoping the "it's fun to attack and insult RMA" days were behind us. :(

That wasn't what happened Speedy and you know it.

He used the threat of PL to call a guy out to complete a transaction... then said he wasn't going to sell him the book AND continue with trying to put him on the PL.

No matter how dbagy the guy was, that can't be done.

And I'm not taking the guy's side either, he should have just paid for the book... but RMA bringing it here and going through the motions to get to the point to nominate the guy for inclusion to the PL... is the steps to COMPLETE a transactions that has been started between two boardies.

Its not right to dangle completion and then go all coitus interruptus on the guy no matter how bad his attitude is in the sales bed.

Knowing RMA's pleasantness here on the boards, I'm sure his notification of PL discussion and 72 hour time frame was probably the most sweet and sincere thing the guy had ever read as well.

Again the guy was wrong in dragging out the sale... but the PL discussion board and 72 hour notification rule did what it was supposed to do if the guy offered to pay for the item... which is complete the sale.