• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I have received a response from kitsune:

Oh snap! On noes!!! Internet forum bullies...

You still have it? I will buy. Let me know. I can send payment tonight if not tomorrow early morning.

I really, REALLY dislike having to deal with smartass brats whose word isn't worth the pixels on the screen, but I will respect the mores of the board and not put him on the probation list if I cannot do it without actually selling him the book. I will not, however, sell the book to him. He can find it elsewhere.

I find it extremely distasteful that this "gentleman" can avoid the probation list at the 11th hour, but if those are the rules, I will respect them.

This guy clearly has no respect for this board, basic manners, or even his own word.

Remember when a man's word was as good as gold? I don't, because I was born in the '70s. I've heard that it was really cool, though.

I was born in the '50s (1957) and it was really cool. (thumbs u

I often talk about how rare honesty and common decency are nowadays. It's automatic for me to hold open a door for anybody (not just women) and I've heard people say they don't see that much any more. If I'm at a grocery store and I have 12 items and somebody behind me has 2 I let them go first.

It's really sad that common courtesy, common decency and just plain old honesty are no longer that common. :(

Sounds anecdotal.

:facepalm:

Maybe you prefer:

Sounds like it suffers from both selection bias and confirmation bias

(shrug)

Whatever. Sure it's anecdotal in nature. It just sounded like you were diminishing what I was saying.

yeah i messaged him the night i brought it up here for the first time..

Do you mean your post of July 17? I understand that you have been trying to get a satisfactory response via PM, but have you sent him a PM specifically saying "I am nominating you for the PL list" etc. The rules give the offender 72hrs after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story.

Do you mean your post of July 17? I understand that you have been trying to get a satisfactory response via PM, but have you sent him a PM specifically saying "I am nominating you for the PL list" etc. The rules give the offender 72hrs after getting notice to reply here with their side of the story.

dammit.. i just did that.. fine its been 2 months whats another 3 days...

You still have it? I will buy. Let me know. I can send payment tonight if not tomorrow early morning.

I really, REALLY dislike having to deal with smartass brats whose word isn't worth the pixels on the screen, but I will respect the mores of the board and not put him on the probation list if I cannot do it without actually selling him the book. I will not, however, sell the book to him. He can find it elsewhere.

I find it extremely distasteful that this "gentleman" can avoid the probation list at the 11th hour, but if those are the rules, I will respect them.

This guy clearly has no respect for this board, basic manners, or even his own word.

Remember when a man's word was as good as gold? I don't, because I was born in the '70s. I've heard that it was really cool, though.

Can't imagine a ruder reply to your pm. Especially calling you an internet forum bully. Sorry.

Well if you won't sell him the book... can't he put you on the PL list, RMA?

hm

hm

30 days are well up, so nope.

hm

If he offers to pay for the book and RMA refuses... especially after bringing it here and WANTING payment... seems only fair.

Wait, the offender has to reply HERE?

Cool.

Kitsune...? Tell your side of the story.

Time for the PL.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

Really doesn't have to reply here if he PMd you and offered to pay for it (shrug)

He may or may not... just saying (shrug)

Cool.

Time for the PL.

He doesn't have to. You just gotta send him a PM and then give him 72 hours to tell his side, if he wants to.

hm

If he offers to pay for the book and RMA refuses... especially after bringing it here and WANTING payment... seems only fair.

Nope, not after 30 days. RMA can't put him on the list if he's offering to pay (or shall we say, once he's paid), but kitsune has nothing to hold against RMA.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

He doesn't have to. You just gotta send him a PM and then give him 72 hours to tell his side, if he wants to.

Which he did and the guy offered to pay... no matter how unappreciative he did it... he did offer to pay.

Not saying he will...just that according to RMA's post of his PM here... that he did offer.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

Which he did and the guy offered to pay... no matter how unappreciative he did it... he did offer to pay.

Not saying he will...just that according to RMA post of his PM here... that he did offer.

True, which would put a cramp in RMA's style if he were still trying to put the dude on the PL (is he?). But it doesn't give kitsune the right to turn the tables.

Cool.

Time for the PL.

Not saying he will...just that according to RMA post of his PM here... that he did offer.

True, which would put a cramp in RMA's style if he were still trying to put the dude on the PL (is he?). But it doesn't give kitsune the right to turn the tables.

Could be but not addressed in the rules.