• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I contacted Zombizzy on the morning of 7-8-13 asking for his address that I can send the books to and have still not heard back from him.

1. Has Zombizzy read your PM asking for the address?

2. Zombizzy hasnt posted on the boards since 9:19am on 7/8, so its possible he hasnt been on to see your PM, but you're the only one who can confirm that.

3. Did Zombizzy already issue you your refund, or is he waiting until books are received (either way is fine, just curious which way he addressed this)?

He contacted me at 9:20am on 7-8-13 asking if a certain refund amount was acceptable. I wrote him back at 9:33am on 7-8-13 asking for the address to ship the books back. Have not heard from him since. I have not received a refund as of this post.

Does it show in your PM to him that he read your message back? Maybe he hasnt been on the boards since your response (so he would neither have your confirmation on refund amount nor see your request for his address).

Now with a matter outstanding like this he should make a point to check back in on the boards, but who knows maybe something disastrous happened in RL.

Until I saw that you stressed "did he read my msg" and I went back to check to see if there was a read/unread verification somewhere in the msg, I did not know that existed. Zombizzy has not seen the message I have sent to him yet.

Any luck?

He finally contacted me today with his address.

We ain't forgot you. Everything moving forward?

Haha . I still have not received a refund from Zombizzy.

Cripes. What was the deal y'all worked out? Return the comics then get a refund, or refund first?

Refund first then I would return the books. I would not feel comfortable sending the books back without a refund first...I think you can understand why at this point

Doc Balls and others passed around the idea of improving the Kudos thread and no one wanted anything to do with it. :(
more and more I think we're too busy trying not to offend rather than calling out bad grading and bad sellers/buyers

I've taken to calling out stuff that irritates me in the General Discussion thread. It makes me feel a little better, and hardly ever have I been the only person to notice something.

Is that why you have negative points in the Locked point thread challenge Speedy?

:jokealert:

Doc Balls and others passed around the idea of improving the Kudos thread and no one wanted anything to do with it. :(
more and more I think we're too busy trying not to offend rather than calling out bad grading and bad sellers/buyers

As I recall, the positive only thing was Arch's rule, so I don't see how we can change that.

Besides, you all HAVE to know that if someone says something uncomplimentary about someone else, there is just going to be a great deal of gnashing of teeth, crying, he said/she said and memes, lots and lots of memes.

I don't see a huge problem. Read the kudos, look at some of the person's sales threads, maybe even google a little...and buy wisely. If there is a problem, ask for a refund. If they won't refund, then it's time to visit here.

We've been round and round on this and I know that true feedback threads ain't happening, but I have a feeling there are a lot of scammy or semi-scammy transactions that occur in the selling threads that no one hears about. A lot of people don't even know the PL -- or this thread -- exists. They get taken advantage of and don't see a recourse other than, if it's bad enough, to try a chargeback on their cc ... and to take their business somewhere else.

I've been strictly a buyer but if I were a seller I would be pushing for true feedback threads to help reassure buyers.

I don't have a problem with "true feedback" I'm not going to get into a fight with someone, if I make a mistake, I'm going to fall all over myself trying to make up for it....but I'm not typical. There will be much kvetching...

That however was not my point...my point was, it was Arch's decision, so who exactly is going to be pushing him?

We are guests...and I would hate to have the sales forums affected, I love the sales forum.

Sometimes you have to be happy with the gifts you have.

You are probably right but my thought was that if we had a consensus that true feedback threads were necessary and approached Arch about it, he might go along. It's a moot point, though, because there is no consensus. When Dr. Balls raised the issue in CG there was very little support.

Perhaps it's unfair, but my own take is that sellers are opposed to fb threads because they don't want public comments on their selling practices.

Although people describe eBay as a jungle, as a proportion of my purchases, I've had fewer problems there than here. By "problems" I mean marginal but not scammy selling practices. More and more, I'm buying only from a few big fish when I buy on the boards -- which isn't that often anymore.

You are probably right but my thought was that if we had a consensus that true feedback threads were necessary and approached Arch about it, he might go along. It's a moot point, though, because there is no consensus. When Dr. Balls raised the issue in CG there was very little support.

Perhaps it's unfair, but my own take is that sellers are opposed to fb threads because they don't want public comments on their selling practices.

Although people describe eBay as a jungle, as a proportion of my purchases, I've had fewer problems there than here. By "problems" I mean marginal but not scammy selling practices. More and more, I'm buying only from a few big fish when I buy on the boards -- which isn't that often anymore.

That is exactly what I do and if I am looking for a particular book I pm them to ask if they have one for sale.

As I recall, the positive only thing was Arch's rule, so I don't see how we can change that.

Besides, you all HAVE to know that if someone says something uncomplimentary about someone else, there is just going to be a great deal of gnashing of teeth, crying, he said/she said and memes, lots and lots of memes.

I don't see a huge problem. Read the kudos, look at some of the person's sales threads, maybe even google a little...and buy wisely. If there is a problem, ask for a refund. If they won't refund, then it's time to visit here.

We've been round and round on this and I know that true feedback threads ain't happening, but I have a feeling there are a lot of scammy or semi-scammy transactions that occur in the selling threads that no one hears about. A lot of people don't even know the PL -- or this thread -- exists. They get taken advantage of and don't see a recourse other than, if it's bad enough, to try a chargeback on their cc ... and to take their business somewhere else.

I've been strictly a buyer but if I were a seller I would be pushing for true feedback threads to help reassure buyers.

I don't have a problem with "true feedback" I'm not going to get into a fight with someone, if I make a mistake, I'm going to fall all over myself trying to make up for it....but I'm not typical. There will be much kvetching...

That however was not my point...my point was, it was Arch's decision, so who exactly is going to be pushing him?

We are guests...and I would hate to have the sales forums affected, I love the sales forum.

Sometimes you have to be happy with the gifts you have.

I think Arch has some solid reasons not wanting negative feedback . Look at all of the moderating complaints now. He is not looking for more work, lol.

As for here vs eBay. I've been buying more here than on eBay, because I'd rather buy from people I know, but as for people I don't know...well, I've always thought the percentages are the same. There are more and more unknown people listing here and people who don't take the time to become part of the community. You need to be just as careful here as anywhere else.

The WD explosion and 2012 spec bubble brought a ton of people here to do nothing but sell. And there has been a pretty steady growth in the site as a whole. Shipping problems and rose-colored glasses grading are usually the two biggest problems. I still think it is a great place to buy and sell.

That is exactly what I do and if I am looking for a particular book I pm them to ask if they have one for sale.

I have been heading in the opposite direction, less and less Ebay and now almost never. But for me its not simply about the negative things, the things I don't like about Ebay, its the positives in the selling format here, the "forum" and the unfolding threads. Its obviously way more interactive here, and for me that is much more exciting.

To be able to communicate with the seller on the fly as it happens, to negotiate from scratch with (usually) rapid responses, the thrill of the hunt, I would not want to give that up.

I do not find the risks here any greater, the rewards are substantial, and for myself I have lost nothing by leaving Ebay. 2c

I have been heading in the opposite direction, less and less Ebay and now almost never. But for me its not simply about the negative things, the things I don't like about Ebay, its the positives in the selling format here, the "forum" and the unfolding threads. Its obviously way more interactive here, and for me that is much more exciting.

To be able to communicate with the seller on the fly as it happens, to negotiate from scratch with (usually) rapid responses, the thrill of the hunt, I would not want to give that up.

I do not find the risks here any greater, the rewards are substantial, and for myself I have lost nothing by leaving Ebay. 2c

+1...Well said. Since I found these boards 5 months ago, I would say I've done 95% of my comic buying and 100% of my comic selling here...my only regret is that I didn't find these boards sooner!

Unfortunately interactivity is now currently frowned upon by current moderation as I found out in running the last CT when the same thread shenanigans and tom-foolery posting that makes having a sales thread fun... was deemed by CCGMod0 as "bumping sales threads with extraneous material" and that any post that "is not a book for sale, a sold notice, or a useful information update" will be considered spam bumps to take up front page real estate and thus making punishment a viable option.

And this was in MIXED where it takes approximately 10 days for the front page to change.

More and more effort is being put in place to take the "chat" out of this "chat-board"... so don't give up on eBay just yet. ;)

Unfortunately interactivity is now currently frowned upon by current moderation as I found out in running the last CT when the same thread shenanigans and tom-foolery posting that makes having a sales thread fun... was deemed by CCGMod0 as "bumping sales threads with extraneous material" and that any post that "is not a book for sale, a sold notice, or a useful information update" will be considered spam bumps to take up front page real estate and thus making punishment a viable option.

And this was in MIXED where it takes approximately 10 days for the front page to change.

More and more effort is being put in place to take the "chat" out of this "chat-board"... so don't give up on eBay just yet. ;)

That was ridiculous. Setting all other differences aside, that was one of the most nonsensical things I've ever seen.

That was ridiculous. Setting all other differences aside, that was one of the most nonsensical things I've ever seen.

You are only allowed to do something effectively 17 times on the 18th you shall be BANNED!

still no response, where the hell is this dude?? this is getting really annoying now...

ok i didnt want it to come to this but its been since may 31 and i still have not recieved my book and also its been since the 3rd i have not heard any response from this person, i gave them a chance to rectify it, multiple actually.. so i nominate tibex82

I bought batman inc # 8 off this person on may 31st, from the okc thread and throughout the weeks i enquired about it and tibex would say i dont know what happened if it does not come in a week let me know, i did, and then tibex says it was at customs but has not cleared yet, then another while goes by still nothing, i ask again, tibex responds that something is definitly wrong and if i wanted a refund or the book, that was on the 3rd of july, and i have not heard back from tibex since, and i notice he read 2 of my messages and did not respond..

Edited by rayjay77

Name for the Probation List: kitsune

Posted an unqualified :takeit: on 6/21 in my sales thread for an X-Men #248 SS.

Sent a PM asking if he could wait until the end of the month to pay (though no arrangement was sought PRIOR to posting :takeit: )

I said that was fine, and made no mention of the lack of payment arrangement prior to hitting the :takeit:

End of June came and went with no payment. July 4, sent a PM asking if I had missed payment somehow. Unread until July 8. No response after being read.

Sent a PM July 9 saying "please tell me if you are no longer interested in the book."

Response: "Been busy, sorry, I'll have to hit you up after SDCC."

No request for more time, just a statement that he wasn't going to pay until after SDCC (if at all.) Obviously, hitting me up after SDCC was not acceptable. No payment.

Sent a PM asking if he could wait until the end of the month to pay (though no arrangement was sought PRIOR to posting :takeit: )

I said that was fine, and made no mention of the lack of payment arrangement prior to hitting the :takeit:

End of June came and went with no payment. July 4, sent a PM asking if I had missed payment somehow. Unread until July 8. No response after being read.

Sent a PM July 9 saying "please tell me if you are no longer interested in the book."

No request for more time, just a statement that he wasn't going to pay until after SDCC (if at all.) Obviously, hitting me up after SDCC was not acceptable. No payment.

Dingleberry!!! Did you send him the separate PM about bringing him here and whatnot?

Dingleberry!!! Did you send him the separate PM about bringing him here and whatnot?

Now I have. ;)

still no response, where the hell is this dude?? this is getting really annoying now...

ok i didnt want it to come to this but its been since may 31 and i still have not recieved my book and also its been since the 3rd i have not heard any response from this person, i gave them a chance to rectify it, multiple actually.. so i nominate tibex82

I bought batman inc # 8 off this person on may 31st, from the okc thread and throughout the weeks i enquired about it and tibex would say i dont know what happened if it does not come in a week let me know, i did, and then tibex says it was at customs but has not cleared yet, then another while goes by still nothing, i ask again, tibex responds that something is definitly wrong and if i wanted a refund or the book, that was on the 3rd of july, and i have not heard back from tibex since, and i notice he read 2 of my messages and did not respond..

I'd second it. No books no response list him probation.

He flaked out on me (never responded to PMs) on an Infinity Gauntlet set that I resold. I didn't nominate him to the PL because I didn't want to bother waiting, but he's obviously a problem.

HIlariously - he posted in another one of my sales threads saying he wanted to buy some Gen13s from me - but of course, didn't have the money. Unfortunately, I didn't recall his name until long after - and I missed a prime opportunity to say something.

Guys like this are why I have a three-day payment rule. Flake.