• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

I'm fairly new here so forgive my ignorance. Just trying to understand the process. For PL there is a 72 hour wait period, but for HOS you can go straight to a vote?

I think it's past the 72 hours. lol

I'm fairly new here so forgive my ignorance. Just trying to understand the process. For PL there is a 72 hour wait period, but for HOS you can go straight to a vote?

The transgressions yes, but the most recent posts by NP were today I thought. Not that it matters to me. Again just trying to understand this Universe

The transgressions yes, but the most recent posts by NP were today I thought. Not that it matters to me. Again just trying to understand this Universe

"c) The Hall Of Shame candidate is subject to all of the above rules." meaning that the HoS encompasses the PL rules but ultimately reaches beyond them. The HoS candidate is in a simple sense a person the community regards as either the equivalent of a multiple PL offender, or as beyond the pale.

Unlike the PL, the HoS goes to a vote, as I understand it, because only a vote of the community can determine what is "beyond the pale" with a given offender. In that sense it is analogous to "impeachment" proceedings.

For me the technical question is how long is the poll open? Is the poll open for at least 72hrs. (shrug)

I like the people who voted for more discussion. lol

This bozo has been scamming boardies for over 10 years and some people still want more discussion. :facepalm:

Unless The Silver-Age voted multiple times. hm

Yeah - this tool needs to go based on the info I've seen. Buh bye.

You probably don't want to hear this but if you put him on the PL, the usual method by which he would make good would be by sending you the money to complete the sale.

Right. My understanding is that if you don't allow him to complete the deal, then you can't put him on the probation list. Completing a deal is the way for deadbeat buyers (and sellers) to get off the list.

So, you can refuse to sell to him -- given 30 days passed without his paying -- but in that case you can't put him on the probation list. Or you can put him on the probation list, but then you have to be willing to complete the deal with him, after which he would come off the list.

I'm a little cofused here. I do not want to hold the books for him for months in hope that he will eventually come forward to close the deal. After all he is at fault here, since he did not complete our transaction by payment for the books.

I want to be able to offer the books in my next sales thread. This will not be possible if he's put on the probation list, since you stated that I should be willing to complete the deal with him.

Then let's not put him on the probation list. This way I can sell the books.

What if he decides that he finally wants to go through with the deal in let's say a month or so? Imagine he just paypals me the money for the books, but that I have sold them in that time. Then he can probably put me on the probation list, because I don't have the books anymore. Weird, don't you think?

Cheers

Mike

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also "The Hurt Locker" won the Best Picture Oscar for 2009.

Gift Oscar for Bigelow...there was as much directing in that movie as there is in Honey Boo Boo.

Inglourious Basterds and Up got jobbed!

Gift Oscar for Bigelow...there was as much directing in that movie as there is in Honey Boo Boo.

I pulled this out of my locker to knock the silverfish off and replace the mothballs.

The 41st Academy Awards:

Oliver! - Academy Award for Best Picture.

2001: A Space Odyssey - Academy Award for Best Visual Effects

(2001 would show up 30 years later on the American Film Institute list of the greatest American films of the 20th Century.)

:applause:

That movie (Hurt Locker) was so bad we turned it off. Total gift Oscar.

I think sellers should give discounts to PL members and be required to sell the item for free to HOS members.

This list is nothing more than a ruse to create unfair roadblocks for sellers. This place is horrible.