• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,203 posts in this topic

The fourth of this month? So, not only has he has been on the boards since robocard has had his issue, but he has been trying to buy comics since.

(tsk)

-slym

Not the first to stretch himself thin due to all the comic book eye candy that pops up. But you have to have the money to back it up at some point.

The fourth of this month? So, not only has he has been on the boards since robocard has had his issue, but he has been trying to buy comics since.

(tsk)

-slym

Not the first to stretch himself thin due to all the comic book eye candy that pops up. But you have to have the money to back it up at some point.

He had $1250 of my money on August 1st so he had the money at that point. He was posting on the Boards as late as August 14th.

(tsk)

-slym

He had $1250 of my money on August 1st so he had the money at that point. He was posting on the Boards as late as August 14th.

Did you try to get your loot back via paypal yet?

So, how is this person supposed to get themself off of the PL? (I know they have yet to be put on it, I am just saying...)

Sounds like this may be another PL or HoS discussion...

:fear:

-slym

I thought we agreed to worry about that if/when we see some desire to do so...

Just to add some more ammo: Tony (Webhead1981) has not replied to any PMs I've sent him in the last week so it seems clear that this member should not be engaging in sales transactions. I would love to ask people like him what their thought process is that leads them to negotiate the purchase of books and then immediately disappear. What's the point?

Just to add some more ammo: Tony (Webhead1981) has not replied to any PMs I've sent him in the last week so it seems clear that this member should not be engaging in sales transactions. I would love to ask people like him what their thought process is that leads them to negotiate the purchase of books and then immediately disappear. What's the point?

I do believe that in some, if not many instances, that there is an initial good faith desire to sell or purchase the comics; however, unforeseen circumstances happen. Where I separate the "wheat from the shaft" are for those individuals that just disappear without any communication at all. Just tell me you are dealing with something important, circumstances have changed, etc. and we can both find a way to move on. It is the eternal "holding patterns" created that stress you out. You want to believe they are not really (fill in the blanks- a crook, rip-off, lazy, self-centered, :blahblah:) so you waste even more time patiently waiting for the money or the books trhat never appears.

Having said that, I am formally nominating Tony Saylor (Webhead1981) to the Probation List having met the 72 hour notification period and having not received any replies to any of my communication attempts over the past month.

Ed

I would love to ask people like him what their thought process is that leads them to negotiate the purchase of books and then immediately disappear. What's the point?

It's the same as thrill bidding on eBay - some people get just as much enjoyment out of the chase as they do from closing a deal.

I do believe that in some, if not many instances, that there is an initial good faith desire to sell or purchase the comics; however, unforeseen circumstances happen. Where I separate the "wheat from the shaft" are for those individuals that just disappear without any communication at all. Just tell me you are dealing with something important, circumstances have changed, etc. and we can both find a way to move on. It is the eternal "holding patterns" created that stress you out. You want to believe they are not really (fill in the blanks- a crook, rip-off, lazy, self-centered, :blahblah:) so you waste even more time patiently waiting for the money or the books trhat never appears.

Having said that, I am formally nominating Tony Saylor (Webhead1981) to the Probation List having met the 72 hour notification period and having not received any replies to any of my communication attempts over the past month.

Ed

Tony agreed to buy my comics and then immediately stopped reading his PMs. I kind of doubt that something insane happened over the course of 4 minutes. Abduction by aliens maybe.

Ed

Tony agreed to buy my comics and then immediately stopped reading his PMs. I kind of doubt that something insane happened over the course of 4 minutes. Abduction by aliens maybe.

Ryan,

What day did he stop reading your posts. He was posting on the Boards until August 14th and then nothing after that including reading my threads but he was active until the 14th. He had told me his wife was expecting a baby which is why he was selling. My deal for him to sell was August 1st; when did he agree to purchase from you?

Ed

Ryan,

What day did he stop reading your posts. He was posting on the Boards until August 14th and then nothing after that including reading my threads but he was active until the 14th. He had told me his wife was expecting a baby which is why he was selling. My deal for him to sell was August 1st; when did he agree to purchase from you?

9/4. Our convo began at 10:51PM and ended at 11:04PM. His last message to me was: "Send me ur PayPal info and I'll send the $$$ over in the morning." I sent him my PP info at 11:06PM, which he did read, and then he never responded. I followed up on 9/6 and again on 9/8 but he hasn't read those.