• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many active comic collectors exist these days?

38 posts in this topic

Depending on Michael Golden's current ponytail length, and whether Jupiter aligns with Mars and where the Gallup polls are sitting at the given point in time, there may be over one collector of Charlton Gorgo out there.

Actually King, I do know a Gorgo collector here in Central Florida. :gossip:

My level of certainty on this question is really low - so I could be very wrong. I have noticed that a very high proportion of DC fans collect JLA though while the number of Avengercollectors is dwarfed by the number of Spider-Man and FF collectors.

i dunno, i think the avengers segment has really popped in the last 5 years and has become on of the premium titles...sure, 1 -10 are "relatively" "inexpensive" compared to spidey and FF, but that is probably part of the reason why it took off. not to mention, Avengers 90 - 150 are arguably a more interesting set of books than FF 90 - 150 (issue #90 is arbitrary, i understand, just seems to me that those 20 cent Avengers garner more interest on the threads here). also, avengers can cross-over to cap, iron man, thor, etc. fans.

with that said, one of my LCSes got in a small marvel collection & put out in the bins (rather than having them gather dust behind the cash register) a smathering of 12 and 15 cent avengers and FF in the G/VG to Fine/VF range, priced a little below guide like they usually do, and they have not sold off nearly as quickly as I thought they would. usually, when they put either title out they're gone in a week. even the 12 and 15 cent spideys they put out sat a little longer than usual, but now they're all gone. maybe it's the economy, i don't know, but everything was $15 or under.

Depending on Michael Golden's current ponytail length, and whether Jupiter aligns with Mars and where the Gallup polls are sitting at the given point in time, there may be over one collector of Charlton Gorgo out there.

:o I know one in Indiana too.

I've got an exceptional copy of not only Gorgo #1 but Konga #1, too! :acclaim:

I've got an exceptional copy of not only Gorgo #1 but Konga #1, too! :acclaim:

You're clearly a man with taste - and an independent thinker to boot!

:applause:

bwahahahaahahahaha. is it your little girl's birthday again?

Happy Birthday Detective27Daughter!!!!!

not yet (though it is in July)... just figured that is as good of a guess as any!

I would guess there's always a few less than the day before.

not necessary...I would go so far as to say that there are likely more true "collectors' today than yesterday (thumbs u

bwahahahaahahahaha. is it your little girl's birthday again?

Happy Birthday Detective27Daughter!!!!!

not yet (though it is in July)... just figured that is as good of a guess as any!

I happily remember the "7" game last year. :cloud9::applause: