• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Michael Jackson's Game Room ... WOW!

35 posts in this topic

between the marvel universe poster in the left rear alcove, the star wars stuff and the few classic arcade games, he must have been a collector of some description. Maybe not as we think of collectors... but I wouldn't be surprised either.

Uh-oh... can anyone else say "Michael Jackson Pedigree?"

:eek:

-slym

That's one ''Pedigree'' collection I would not touch with a ten meter long poll! :P

I believe he had an interest in comics. I think he tried to help Stan Lee with Marvel. I bet in a few months there will be a collection of some sort show up at one of the auction houses.

The ranch screams museum. Graceland 2 if they can keep it intact.

Seriously.

There's a red Power Ranger in there. I almost convinced my boyfriend to get me a similar one from an antique store a few months ago for my birthday. When you hit the chest, it talks.

He was a collector alright. From what I seen he collected all sorts of toys and comics. Didn't seem to have a favorite. Bought whatever he liked at the moment. Except maybe Superman. He had a bunch of Superman stuff. Even a huge Superman statue or stand-up cardboard Supes. Didn't look like he was into any certain hero though. Didn't look like he was the type to keep anything in mint condition. Looked like all of it was well played with. Maybe the kids were into it all? We'll never know.

Seriously.

There's a red Power Ranger in there. I almost convinced my boyfriend to get me a similar one from an antique store a few months ago for my birthday. When you hit the chest, it talks.

you know you are getting old when "power ranger" and "antique store" are used in the same sentence :preach:

Seriously.

you know you are getting old when "power ranger" and "antique store" are used in the same sentence :preach:

Actually, Power Rangers (the Japanese counterparts) have actually been around since 1975.

Well they have to find some way to payoff his debt.

$400 million in debt, but his half of the Sony music catalogue is worth over $800 million...

-slym

Well they have to find some way to payoff his debt.

$400 million in debt, but his half of the Sony music catalogue is worth over $800 million...

-slym

Although I won't argue with your given number of his Sony collection as a ballpark figure, the sad truth is that the valuation is going to take a long time as Sony and his estate gets this clearance sale in the works. Specifically, I heard mention that the true value of the Beatle titles alone is going to be tough to value. I wouldn't be surprised if the number on his Sony works comes up HIGHER than initially indicated.