• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Rick has just offered his 6.5 on the sales thread.

Curious to see when it´ll sell.........hm

:news: Anybody wanting to own a high grade copy...here's your chance. Copies above 6.0 is a rarity and seldom offered.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3464748#Post3464748

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Well I might be out of the club again soon, CGC says my book has resto on it and I'm trying to send it back for a refund... Ah the pitfalls of buying raw on eBay, when will I learn?...

Why ''restore'' a low grade reader copy is beyond me...

not so much a 'when" but at what price... I like Richard's 7K value, though :)

Everyone with a SC#22 does. Whatever the grade is :D

Prices seem to stay strong, even on low-low grades. If yours sells around that money, it´ll continue lifting the price into new heights.

Prices seem to stay strong, even on low-low grades. If yours sells around that money, it´ll continue lifting the price into new heights.

best offer so far is $5K...so we can "assume" that is the floor to perceived value of the copy hm

best offer so far is $5K...so we can "assume" that is the floor to perceived value of the copy hm

Hang in there. 6k might be realistic..........well, as realistic as these prices can be :D

Maybe it´s just glue orslight ct or something (shrug)

It might be worth removing it, if the resto is very slight and the book looks decent .....even as a lower grade.........

It just says Apparent SA so I dont know what the resto is yet. I dont think it will be worth it to ship, remove, reship to CGC, regrade, reship to me. Im sure it'll be easier to just get a refund and start the search over.

It might be worth removing it, if the resto is very slight and the book looks decent .....even as a lower grade.........

It just says Apparent SA so I dont know what the resto is yet. I dont think it will be worth it to ship, remove, reship to CGC, regrade, reship to me. Im sure it'll be easier to just get a refund and start the search over.

usually when it is SA it is color touch that bleeds...did you notice any bleeding through to the interior cover?...if not, might be glue (easily removed)

Just Apparent SA...so it's really okay on a low grade copy. Restoration affects more on prices on copies above 4.0. As Palamas mention, if it's only slight defect, it can be remove without taking away the appearance of the comic that it is well worth it. 2c

Edited by showcase22gr1959

hm This means SC#22 is at least at the same price level as AS#1.........even quite higher and if yours sells at 7k........even a lot higher.. :cloud9:

Prices are very speculative and especially copies 6.0 an above. Since there is already an offered for 5k, that is a strong start. There are only 22 copies higher than 6.5, so who ever end up with this copy will be quite happy years from now. Nonetheless, no one can predict the full potential of SC22, but I'm glad I've been a long term collector and investor in SC22. BTW, I don't want to hold out on the club...I have five copies. (thumbs u