• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

Rick has just offered his 6.5 on the sales thread.

Curious to see when it´ll sell.........hm

not so much a 'when" but at what price... I like Richard's 7K value, though :)

Everyone with a SC#22 does. Whatever the grade is :D

Prices seem to stay strong, even on low-low grades. If yours sells around that money, it´ll continue lifting the price into new heights.

best offer so far is $5K...so we can "assume" that is the floor to perceived value of the copy hm

hm This means SC#22 is at least at the same price level as AS#1.........even quite higher and if yours sells at 7k........even a lot higher.. :cloud9:

There are over 1500 graded copies of AS#1 and 246 graded SC22, so SC22 is more scarce. 142 collectors and investors can own a AS#1 above 6.5 and only 22 collectors and investors will be able to with SC22. It's really a supply and demand issue here with SC22. As I have mention before, the Mound City copy will set a major tone for high grade SC22. 2c

Prices seem to stay strong, even on low-low grades. If yours sells around that money, it´ll continue lifting the price into new heights.

best offer so far is $5K...so we can "assume" that is the floor to perceived value of the copy hm

hm This means SC#22 is at least at the same price level as AS#1.........even quite higher and if yours sells at 7k........even a lot higher.. :cloud9:

There are over 1500 graded copies of AS#1 and 246 graded SC22, so SC22 is more scarce. 142 collectors and investors can own a AS#1 above 6.5 and only 22 collectors and investors will be able to with SC22. It's really a supply and demand issue here with SC22. As I have mention before, the Mound City copy will set a major tone for high grade SC22. 2c

AS #1 (of course, AF #15 is a much better comparable) has been in high demand for 30+ years, SC 22 has been in high demand for two months.

AS #1 (of course, AF #15 is a much better comparable) has been in high demand for 30+ years, SC 22 has been in high demand for two months.

high demand, yes, recently it has exploded...but, there has always been good demand for "high grade" (just not very many examples out there to create a reg. market)...

high demand, yes, recently it has exploded...but, there has always been good demand for "high grade" (just not very many examples out there to create a reg. market)...

I think this has always held back DC Silver age to some degree. There are just not enough copies of HG keys for the most part to ever get the market excited about the books.

Updated list 9/20/09

Top high grade holders and sales of CGC Showcase 22:

9.0 Heritage auction ow

9.0 ComicLink auction ow

8.5 Nicolas Cage Heritage auction crm/ow

8.5 Showcase22gr1959 from threads crm/ow

8.5 Doc Joe from threads crm/ow

8.0 Mound City crm/ow

8.0 Metropolis Comics private sale

8.0 Private collector

8.0 Private collector

7.5 Peewee from threads ow/w

7.5 Palamas from threads crm/ow

7.5 Private collector

7.5 Private collector

7.0 SilverRich from threads crm/ow

7.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink lt/ow

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

6.5 ComicLink ow/w

6.5 ComicLink ow

6.5 Detective27kid from threads crm/ow (not in CGC census yet)

6.5 ComicLink crm/ow

6.5 Private collector

6.0 Showcase22gr1959 from thread white

6.0 M. Wilson (dizneyart) ebay auction ow/w

6.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

Record sales 2009

7.5 ow/w boardie 8/09 $10500

5.5 ow Ebay 9/5/09 $3803.64

4.0 crm/ow boardie 8/23/09 $1700

4.0 crm/ow boardie 9/18/09 $1700

3.0 lt/ow ComicLink 9/14/09 $1125

Notable sales 2009

:news: 3.0 crm/ow ebay 9/20/09 $961.02

I thought it would go higher.......

Seems like a very, very good price, compared to other recent sales.

At least we do know Comic Link gets better prices on 3.0's. As I have thought...there is not a lot of upside in the short term for copies under 4.0. hm

Edited by showcase22gr1959

We are also likely seeing an initial plateau after most collectors who have wanted a copy for a while now went out and grabbed one. It will be interesting to see how prices hold as more copies enter the market.

We are also likely seeing an initial plateau after most collectors who have wanted a copy for a while now went out and grabbed one. It will be interesting to see how prices hold as more copies enter the market.

With the weak US dollar and interests from overseas collectors and investors, take this opportunity to add a position for the long term if it pulls back a little. ;)

Updated list 9/21/09

Top high grade holders and sales of CGC Showcase 22:

9.0 Heritage auction ow

9.0 ComicLink auction ow

8.5 Nicolas Cage Heritage auction crm/ow

8.5 Showcase22gr1959 from threads crm/ow

8.5 Doc Joe from threads crm/ow

8.0 Mound City crm/ow

8.0 Metropolis Comics private sale

8.0 Private collector

8.0 Private collector

7.5 Peewee from threads ow/w

7.5 Palamas from threads crm/ow

7.5 Private collector

7.5 Private collector

7.0 SilverRich from threads crm/ow

7.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink crm/ow

7.0 ComicLink lt/ow

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

7.0 Private collector

6.5 ComicLink ow/w

6.5 ComicLink ow

6.5 Detective27kid from threads crm/ow (not in CGC census yet)

6.5 ComicLink crm/ow

6.5 Private collector

6.0 Showcase22gr1959 from thread white

6.0 M. Wilson (dizneyart) ebay auction ow/w

6.0 Heritage auction crm/ow

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

6.0 Private collector

Record sales 2009

7.5 ow/w boardie 8/09 $10500

5.5 ow Ebay 9/5/09 $3803.64

4.0 crm/ow boardie 8/23/09 $1700

4.0 crm/ow boardie 9/18/09 $1700

:news: 3.0 ow boardie 9/19/09 $1200

:news: 2.5 lt/ow boardie 9/19/09 $800

:news: 2.0 cr/ow boardie 9/19/09 $650

Notable sales 2009

3.0 crm/ow ebay 9/20/09 $961.02

3.0 lt/ow ComicLink 9/14/09 $1125

With the weak US dollar and interests from overseas collectors and investors, take this opportunity to add a position for the long term if it pulls back a little. ;)

i don't know why i thought that after i retired from the hedge fund biz, i was done w/ hype artists

Are you sure they went for those prices? After all they were all sold to one boardy and via PM. He might have gotten the books for a better price (shrug)

Are you sure they went for those prices? After all they were all sold to one boardy and via PM. He might have gotten the books for a better price (shrug)

I'm checking with krytospidey, so I can give the club an accurate sell figures. Thank you for your patience.

i don't know why i thought that after i retired from the hedge fund biz, i was done w/ hype artists

Yup. I'm pretty much done checking out this thread.

I'm also very surprised of the the low grade copies available in the market recently and there is still an insatiable demand for this book...really unbelievable. There are non-believers out there about the popularity of SC22, so the sell figures will speak for itself.