• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I can say with certainty that there is a potential 9.2 out there...will it ever be slabbed? will it ever be sold? will it ever be pressed to ensure a 9.2?...can't say...but trust me, there is at least 1 (and probably a few more) out there that we might not really see anytime soon (if ever at all)

I can say with certainty that there is a potential 9.2 out there...will it ever be slabbed? will it ever be sold? will it ever be pressed to ensure a 9.2?...can't say...but trust me, there is at least 1 (and probably a few more) out there that we might not really see anytime soon (if ever at all)

You are the Da-man Gator...send it my way. :baiting: I know foolkiller mention he knows of a super high grade and I wonder is that the one and the other high grade one you sold. (shrug)

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Sure proud of mine...waited a lifetime for this puppy. :banana:

Wow! That's the highest graded CGC copy posted yet on this thread I believe!

How deeply are you into the remainder of the Silver Age Green Lantern run?

???

You are the Da-man Gator...send it my way. :baiting: I know foolkiller mention he knows of a super high grade and I wonder is that the one and the other high grade one you sold. (shrug)

my friend doesn't know brian, so it is not the same one...but it is the guy I got the raw 9.0 (pressed) from (was his undercopy, which is why i know there is at least one nicer copy for sure)...this is the same collector that has a box full of AF15's...25+ last time I was at his house...at least 2 , maybe more, that I think are 9.0+ candidates

...so, as mentioned, there are very likely several very nice copies still floating out there, and countless others we don't even know about but might discover one day (thumbs u

Just watch what happen to the bidding war on the SC23 in 9.2 $14K

I honestly don`t think $14K for a 9.2 SC 23 is an exceptional price at all. You can`t benchmark off the 9.4 copy`s price, since that auction took place before GL-mania took off. The CL 9.0 copy of Showcase 22 was sold in the same auction and was not close to $50K.

Looking at other SA DC major "#2`s", a 9.2 Showcase #8 sold for $26,290 in the same auction that the 9.6 Showcase #4 sold for a shockingly weak price and while no 9.2 of B&B #29 currently exists, I have no doubt that a copy would sell for well over $14K.

...when a SC22 9.2...watch out. Two SC22 has sold over $50K and I bet there a at least a few buyer willing to take it up the $100K mark.

Exactly, which means a 9.2 SC 22 would be selling for what a 9.2 SC 4 sold for, but the difference is that a 9.2 SC 22 would be top of the census whereas a 9.2 SC 4 is only third best.

I can't wait on the movie. This will set the bar for DC for years to come.

I hope the meeting with Abin Sur is as heartwarming as the storyline. :cry:

I'm still in a state of shock that I won the book. :o

congrats! I think you will be fine, unless a couple 9.2s or a 9.4 show up. As for the movie? Sure looks like it could be really big!

But, I was also gung ho for Watchmen based on trailers and stuff Id seen before it opened. There's a solid chance that Warners still doesnt GET how to do a modern super hero movie besides Batman. Marvel obviously does... and the rolling out of their film slate feels very much like the early Marvel Age rollout of comics and characters... Layer upon layer building up.

However, I know you didnt buy this book because of a movie. Its a great book, scarce in HG super DC key --- and you will be fine, IMO

my friend doesn't know brian, so it is not the same one...but it is the guy I got the raw 9.0 (pressed) from (was his undercopy, which is why i know there is at least one nicer copy for sure)...this is the same collector that has a box full of AF15's...25+ last time I was at his house...at least 2 , maybe more, that I think are 9.0+ candidates

...so, as mentioned, there are very likely several very nice copies still floating out there, and countless others we don't even know about but might discover one day (thumbs u

That is some monster hoard there. So the 8.5 has a shot at a 9.0...but still lurking to be graded as we speak? hm Even with a possible few more coming out of the wood works...the market shall absorb it. (thumbs u

congrats! I think you will be fine, unless a couple 9.2s or a 9.4 show up. As for the movie? Sure looks like it could be really big!

But, I was also gung ho for Watchmen based on trailers and stuff Id seen before it opened. There's a solid chance that Warners still doesnt GET how to do a modern super hero movie besides Batman. Marvel obviously does... and the rolling out of their film slate feels very much like the early Marvel Age rollout of comics and characters... Layer upon layer building up.

However, I know you didnt buy this book because of a movie. Its a great book, scarce in HG super DC key --- and you will be fine, IMO

Thanks aman,

I posted the book because many HG collectors keep silent, aren't on the Boards, speculators, investors, etc, non comic fans if you will.

Here's to the Boards and GL fans everywhere. (thumbs u

Just watch what happen to the bidding war on the SC23 in 9.2 $14K

I honestly don`t think $14K for a 9.2 SC 23 is an exceptional price at all. You can`t benchmark off the 9.4 copy`s price, since that auction took place before GL-mania took off. The CL 9.0 copy of Showcase 22 was sold in the same auction and was not close to $50K.

Looking at other SA DC major "#2`s", a 9.2 Showcase #8 sold for $26,290 in the same auction that the 9.6 Showcase #4 sold for a shockingly weak price and while no 9.2 of B&B #29 currently exists, I have no doubt that a copy would sell for well over $14K.

...when a SC22 9.2...watch out. Two SC22 has sold over $50K and I bet there a at least a few buyer willing to take it up the $100K mark.

Exactly, which means a 9.2 SC 22 would be selling for what a 9.2 SC 4 sold for, but the difference is that a 9.2 SC 22 would be top of the census whereas a 9.2 SC 4 is only third best.

I feel the SC23 9.4 would be worth in the north of $30K+ during this mania time frame...who knows for sure. Regarding the BB29 in 9.2 if it materialize, it would sell for more than the SC23 9.2 because of the scarcity in that grade and being the only one...though this is pure logic speculation. Regarding the SC8, it's just "Not the book" in the criteria of SC4, SC22, and BB28. Since there are three SC22 in 9.0...a 9.2,9.4,9.6 will definitely give SC4 9.2,9.4,9.6 for the run...but SC4 is still the #1 right now and more scarce than SC22.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

I can't wait on the movie. This will set the bar for DC for years to come.

I hope the meeting with Abin Sur is as heartwarming as the storyline. :cry:

I'm still in a state of shock that I won the book. :o

Can't wait for the GL movie. Be proud...it's a great book. :banana:

Your copy looks sharper though !!... at least from the thumbnail (hard to tell without a full sized scan)...can't make out PQ either but pretty sure yours could fetch an extra 3-5K

Edited by Peter in Portugal

OH YEAH !!!

If I'd be shopping for a HG Showcase23, I'd take your copy over Joe's any day ( no offense to Joe's copy of course)

Nicer gloss, miswrap isn't so pronounced are just 2 major points on inspection...

Edited by Peter in Portugal