• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Yeah.

Literally every 2012 sale of Showcase # 22 showing in GPA is down from the prior average and/or last sale from 2011.

Decreases are showing in 6.5, 4.5, 4.0 and 3.5 and 2.5.

That said, the pre-movie speculation was a fair bet, as the movie could have become another Iron Man and franchise hit. Regardless of value, I'd rather have a 5.0 Showcase 22 over a 5.0 Tales of Suspense 39. (Disclosure: GPA currently shows the Showcase sells for ~$300 more than the Tales of Suspense in that grade; I wouldn't care even if there were a $600 difference going the other way.)

Excellent. It is almost time to add a new copy then. :banana:

Movie hype helped propel it towards the end, but the big jump came in late 2009 through 2010 when people were staking their speculative positions and buying before the movie run up. If I recally correctly, prices were higher then in a lot of grades than the couple of months before the movie. For a time, there were not nearly enough copies to go around as we were all chasing them so demand >>> supply = big leg up in prices.

Avengers #1 did this a while back when the movie was announced as well, then dropped like a rock, and is now rising again due to the movie. Post-movie I expect it to drop again as there are so many copies out there.

Everyone jumping ship ? 1 look at the upcoming Clink auction and including the exchange there's a 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.5, and 9.0. Gonna be a bit scary the finishing prices I'm thinking.

There has been quite a bit of volume on 6.5's. The last four 6.5's been selling between $5200-6200. The last two 7.0 sold for $9K and $10K. SC22 in 7.0+ is where the upper HG begins. Interesting to see the results with three 7.0+ at auction.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

Everyone jumping ship ? 1 look at the upcoming Clink auction and including the exchange there's a 6.5, 7.0, 7.5, 8.5, and 9.0. Gonna be a bit scary the finishing prices I'm thinking.

If I were going after one, I'd go after that ultra-nice 9.0. :whistle:

There's awfully a bunch of SC 22's in mid-higher grades going up for auction lately hm

lemmings move in both directions

Horizontally (along the surface) then vertically (down off the cliff)?

If I were going after one, I'd go after that ultra-nice 9.0. :whistle:

I hope to re enter the club. Nice books in CLINK, maybe this time I will win something if have enough $. What is the exchange SC22? Great thing is I didn't buy any books in 2011 (lost on all auctions and all PM's fell apart and so did my WTB list on the threads). Good think is I didn't spend anything on my Bond or Stargate collections and rolled all the $ into this year with my 2012 $ for books. Twice the buying power. Feeling good to nab stuff early in 2012. :) :) Life is to short. Want my stuff now before I die.