• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
14 14

7,061 posts in this topic

I didn't think it was as low as a 5.0, but it wasn't the best 6.0...but better than some 6.0's.

Glad I stayed with what I have.

RSC2260.jpgKGrHqVHJCkFCZEpDPBQV9UIRw60_57_zpsc7978530.jpg

Now, if we talk about that Showcase #17 6.0 :cry:

I blew that one :flamed:

The top copy definitely has less stresses...but the bottom has the great PQ...but your copy has above average PQ. ;)

$3527 :cry:

That was a pretty low price on that 6.0 White pages no less ???

Personally, I thought the book looked like a 5.5 at best. :/

Any thoughts on possible reasons for the soft price? hm

It can be all about the timing...especially with the holiday seasons. In the last six months, there has been many copies of SC22 in the 5.5+ offered and caused the dropped in prices. For a matter of fact, there has been two 7.0's, two 7.5's and a few 6.0 and 6.5's sold less than a six weeks period. What I find interesting is Showcase 22 have pulled back close to Brave and the Bold 28 levels. In time, this may prove to be an buying opportunity. 2c

I was thinking about this very point recently as I pondered whether to put up a few books for sale to thin the heard and reload for new acquisitions.

When is the best time and worst time to sell books - maybe now is the later and after tax returns the former? The there's con season to consider :P

Supply has been the culprit more than the holiday seasons. Because of the recent supplies, it would have been better to list it with a best offer or...

What I find interesting is Showcase 22 have pulled back close to Brave and the Bold 28 levels. In time, this may prove to be an buying opportunity. 2c

Could you expand a bit on that statement? Do you mean to say that the price has changed to reflect similar trends or are you making a comment about the overall availability in specific grades?

Sorry to be a noob.

When pigs learn to fly I think hm

I thought Donkeys can fly. (shrug)

Superhorse1.jpg

What I find interesting is Showcase 22 have pulled back close to Brave and the Bold 28 levels. In time, this may prove to be an buying opportunity. 2c

Could you expand a bit on that statement? Do you mean to say that the price has changed to reflect similar trends or are you making a comment about the overall availability in specific grades?

Sorry to be a noob.

When pigs learn to fly I think hm

I thought Donkeys can fly. (shrug)

Superhorse1.jpg

^^

Assuming if prices hold up here, which I think it will. For example, it would have costs 30-40% more to buy a SC22 7.0+ about a year ago...or 35-45% more for grades < 6.0. Nonetheless, it's on sale at the moment.

The movie buzz has long died off. The character is really not hitting it off with mainstream,even the recent Green Lantern Animated series ratings were so poor that the Cartoon Network has pulled it.

btw I love the character,but apparantly mainstream doesn`t share my enthusiasm.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Superhorse1.jpg

:roflmao:

The movie buzz has long died off. The character is really not hitting it off with mainstream,even the recent Green Lantern Animated series ratings were so poor that the Cartoon Network has pulled it.

Your comment reminds me we've become too dependent on these movies and the price spikes that result from them. They make the books too expensive to casually collect like we did as kids, since they have become investments. And when you get caught up in it and buy when the prices are heated, you end up losing when they cool off.

The solution is as always, you need to hold onto them for a while.

Amen to that. I'd say a good decade in the vault will surely see some appreciation. But I'm not sure I'd want to part with mine even then.

Superhorse1.jpg

Your comment reminds me we've become too dependent on these movies and the price spikes that result from them. They make the books too expensive to casually collect like we did as kids, since they have become investments. And when you get caught up in it and buy when the prices are heated, you end up losing when they cool off.

Yep when they stop making the movies there usually is a major market correction.

That`s why I always say the Marvel Silver age keys are the best bet long-term with Disney now in control. The key Marvel characters are going to be in a mega amount of movies,tv shows,cartoons and videogames for years to come to continue the relevant interest.

Green Lantern had his big chance,and failed. That`s it. Time to move on to Brave and Bold #28 and Showcase #4 if your a big DC fan.

Heck I would even start looking at Showcase #37 now over Showcase #22 for investment purposes. 2c

Superhorse1.jpg

Yep when they stop making the movies there usually is a major market correction.

That`s why I always say the Marvel Silver age keys are the best bet long-term with Disney now in control. The key Marvel characters are going to be in a mega amount of movies,tv shows,cartoons and videogames for years to come to continue the relevant interest.

Green Lantern had his big chance,and failed. That`s it. Time to move on to Brave and Bold #28 and Showcase #4 if your a big DC fan.

Heck I would even start looking at Showcase #37 now over Showcase #22 for investment purposes. 2c

The top three SA DC are solid books an have preformed very well compare to the Marvel counterpart. For a mater of fact, they have preformed just as well in the last five years. This is the time to accumulate the BIG THREE.

I really don't agree with you about Green Lantern. I mean they made some real stinkers about Spider-Man and even X-men, and they ain't being kissed off.

I also think DC might surprise us and turn the next round of movies into gold.

I mean look at the new Superman movie? I also think Wonder Woman could be fantastic if they did it right. It's really about who plays the part in this case.

What I do agree with you on is that Metal Men would be a great little flick, and have enormous appeal with fans, children and even women.

But (if I had a bunch) I wouldn't give up and sell my Showcase #22's just yet.

Superhorse1.jpg

The top three SA DC are solid books an have preformed very well compare to the Marvel counterpart. For a mater of fact, they have preformed just as well in the last five years. This is the time to accumulate the BIG THREE.

May be time to sell that last Marvel I have and reinvest the funds in DC hm

Before there was talk of movies or even more current animated ventures the silver age Green Lantern was a solid character. I've always gravitated towards that Hal Jordan version of GL even more so than the interest I've held in either Superman or Batman.

I always looked forward to the development of the character on either the big or small screen and definitely don't feel that the movie was a "fail". I think that people hyped the GL movie so much that when it didn't become a mega-blockbuster they put it on the back burner. In truth, whatever they spent on making that flick was obviously recouped in either initial movie ticket sales, or rentals or sales of the DVD/BLU-RAY. That's even with all the pirating!

What didn't happen is the movie didn't make 1 BILLION dollars. Somehow that translates into flop in today's market, but the interest in GL is still there from the die hard comics fans as well as the public at large. All the negative speak has come down the pike primarily from folks that didn't have their pockets lined as much as they anticipated, the rest from irate comic-folk that tend to get their panties in a wad if things aren't precisely as they see fit.

The reality is that GL has been a core character in the DC universe and if that universe is going to see future developments of any kind: GL will have a part.

If that means that the price of Showcase 22 goes up, so be it. I can say at the very least that I have a piece of history that is becoming increasingly more difficult to find as time goes on in higher grade. To boot, GL may be my favorite comic character of all time. If I add both those things together, that makes one happy Accessndx.

Before there was talk of movies or even more current animated ventures the silver age Green Lantern was a solid character. I've always gravitated towards that Hal Jordan version of GL even more so than the interest I've held in either Superman or Batman.

I always looked forward to the development of the character on either the big or small screen and definitely don't feel that the movie was a "fail". I think that people hyped the GL movie so much that when it didn't become a mega-blockbuster they put it on the back burner. In truth, whatever they spent on making that flick was obviously recouped in either initial movie ticket sales, or rentals or sales of the DVD/BLU-RAY. That's even with all the pirating!

What didn't happen is the movie didn't make 1 BILLION dollars. Somehow that translates into flop in today's market, but the interest in GL is still there from the die hard comics fans as well as the public at large. All the negative speak has come down the pike primarily from folks that didn't have their pockets lined as much as they anticipated, the rest from irate comic-folk that tend to get their panties in a wad if things aren't precisely as they see fit.

The reality is that GL has been a core character in the DC universe and if that universe is going to see future developments of any kind: GL will have a part.

If that means that the price of Showcase 22 goes up, so be it. I can say at the very least that I have a piece of history that is becoming increasingly more difficult to find as time goes on in higher grade. To boot, GL may be my favorite comic character of all time. If I add both those things together, that makes one happy Accessndx.

:applause:

I really don't agree with you about Green Lantern. I mean they made some real stinkers about Spider-Man and even X-men, and they ain't being kissed off.

I mean look at the new Superman movie? I also think Wonder Woman could be fantastic if they did it right. It's really about who plays the part in this case.

What I do agree with you on is that Metal Men would be a great little flick, and have enormous appeal with fans, children and even women.

I hear ya,but the only difference is Spider-Man and X-men were still huge at the box office. Green Lantern was lukewarm at best. We will see another Ted movie before we see another Green Lantern movie. 2c

I hear ya,but the only difference is Spider-Man and X-men were still huge at the box office. Green Lantern was lukewarm at best. We will see another Ted movie before we see another Green Lantern movie. 2c

Who really cares if there is a movie or not,if you love the character,and you want the 1st appearance.Isn't that what matters?

The character is really not hitting it off with mainstream,even the recent Green Lantern Animated series ratings were so poor that the Cartoon Network has pulled it.

So I read this statement and started poking around: What I found was no indication that the show had been cancelled. In fact the show was nominated for a few awards and the general reception has been good overall. There was information suggesting that new episodes for both Young Justice and Green Lantern the Animated series were completed but were being released for a variety of reasons in January 2013. Some of those unaired episodes are currently downloadable or viewable at Cartoon Network. (New episodes 14-16 are also available as downloadable torrents if you search).

http://www.comicvine.com/news/young-justice-and-green-lantern-the-animated-series-delayed-till-2013/145384/

Wikipedia has it listed as running from November 11, 2011 to the present with no cancellation date indicated.

At the Annie awards it was nominated for both: Best General Audience Animated TV Production and Best Music In a Television Production.

Green Lantern, since its first showing at the 2011 Comic Con, has received critical acclaim. Chris Sims of ComicsAlliance commented that he'd never been a huge fan of Green Lantern, but rather of DC Animation Universe creator Bruce Timm, and when he heard that Timm was producing the series he began looking forward to it, saying that the one-hour premiere "does it right." Tony Guerrero of Comic Vine said the first episode was good and definitely worth checking out. Brian Lowry of Variety praised the animation style, saying that "Warner Bros. has gone full bore into the CGI dimension with a bold, sleek design that more than anything resembles The Incredibles."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern:_The_Animated_Series

To many unhappy viewers, myself included, Cartoon Network did not air any new episodes for Green Lantern: The Animated Series or Young Justice: Invasion. I'm sure a great deal of readers already know this and have sought answers as to why this happened. Well, I may not have all the answers, but I can say new episodes will return... in January 2013.

I say this because Cartoon Network put out a single tweet via their offical account, Cartoon Network. Read thru the responses, their justified. But if you don't want to read their account, here's their tweet:

"Hey #DCNation fans! Have you heard?? DC Nation will return in January with all new episodes!"

What made this awkward was the fact that CN already aired two new episodes for each series when the new season started, now, three weeks ago. So, an abrupt change like this seems completely unnecessary. Many who work on both shows responded with their own twitter accounts and urge fans to post their 'unhappiness' via @cartoonnetwork.

To top it all off, the new unaired episodes were available for a short time via iTunes. And Young Justice made it to #2 for iTunes' most downloaded for television list. MOST DOWNLOADED FOR TELEVISION!! Not for children's television, but for television in general. So, if you questioned the demand for these series you now have your answer.

http://www.geeknewwave.com/article/tue-10162012-1715/dc-nation-not-cancelled-just-postponed

So in summary I'm not entirely sure that the GL boat has sunk irrevocably.