• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Showcase #22 Club
13 13

7,061 posts in this topic

Very smart and low buy. (thumbs u

Thanks. I definitely was not expecting to win it, but I thought I might as well put in a bid since it was going for just $1K when I first saw it. This will be held until the GL movie now, I think. :wishluck:

The person who bought the Mound Copy lost some money. :(

Even though the down market hurt this copy a bit, I wonder if we are finally starting to see resistance to know press and quick flip books now? hm

Thanks. I definitely was not expecting to win it, but I thought I might as well put in a bid since it was going for just $1K when I first saw it. This will be held until the GL movie now, I think. :wishluck:

Even though the down market hurt this copy a bit, I wonder if we are finally starting to see resistance to know press and quick flip books now? hm

If i haven't mention that this book was press, it would have been mention by others eventually. The great great profits has been made in pressing...I'm in this market for the long term and eventually the market will recover. (thumbs u

Edited by showcase22gr1959

..i think that the 8.0 mound city book pressed to 8.5 should have been considered a weak 8.0 to start,at least in my opinion..so i think it sold for what it was worth... 2c

Exactly. It looks much better in the small scans they posted that it did with the large ones on the auction site. I could not believe it was an 8.0 to start with either.

..i think that the 8.0 mound city book pressed to 8.5 should have been considered a weak 8.0 to start,at least in my opinion..so i think it sold for what it was worth... 2c

It's like bidding for an 8.0 in a 8.5 holder. Someone could make $$ if they hold it till the GL movie and if it all goes well.

Exactly. It looks much better in the small scans they posted that it did with the large ones on the auction site. I could not believe it was an 8.0 to start with either.

8.5 now.. (shrug)

8.5 now.. (shrug)

Sure, but this one, along with quite a few of the other MC books, was a gift grade. Definitely need to buy the book and not the label with any of the MC copies.

8.5 now.. (shrug)

Sure, but this one, along with quite a few of the other MC books, was a gift grade. Definitely need to buy the book and not the label with any of the MC copies.

I think people are finally realizing that. (thumbs u That's why I had to pick up that AF15 6.0 on ComicLink.

:banana:

Well, looks like my stink bid on the 4.0 got me back in as a member of the club tonight. I was debating whether to bid or not, but the OW pages did the trick. lol

Showcase22CGC40new.jpg

BTW, any comments on the price for the 8.5 copy? Rick, was this the one you sold for $35K?

nope...that looks like the mound city copy pressed...mine former copy was more attractive, imo (shrug)

8.5 now.. (shrug)

I think people are finally realizing that. (thumbs u That's why I had to pick up that AF15 6.0 on ComicLink.

I think my prints (and profits) are on that 6.0....

Before the Mound copy was graded, we all took shots at grading it in this thread. The first GG (Guess Grade) on it was a 6.0 by a Boardie. It NEVER went above 7.5 by us (the Boardie) experts.

Now, the damn thing is a pressed (restored) 8.5!!

I believe that I was the 6.0 initially thanks to the couple of light stains/smudges and other wear you could see in the scans. At the time CGC was nailing books for stains and even dust shadows, but it appears that they have loosened up again. It ebbs and flows - you just have to hope that when you submit your books you hit the "right" graders at the right time. :wishluck:

8.5 now.. (shrug)

I think my prints (and profits) are on that 6.0....

That's why that nice AF15 7.0 sold today so quickly...I wonder who's copy. :whistle:

The highest page quality of any Showcase 22 7.5+ is up for sale. This has to be the greatest opportunity for any Hal Jordan fans.

:news:http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dshowcase%2B22%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB&id=835499

The highest page quality of any Showcase 22 7.5+ is up for sale. This has to be the greatest opportunity for any Hal Jordan fans.

:news:http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dshowcase%2B22%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26ItemType%3DCB&id=835499

and might I add, that book has never been pressed (thumbs u

Well, looks like my stink bid on the 4.0 got me back in as a member of the club tonight. I was debating whether to bid or not, but the OW pages did the trick. lol

Showcase22CGC40new.jpg

BTW, any comments on the price for the 8.5 copy? Rick, was this the one you sold for $35K?

I had my finger on the mouse at 10 seconds to go, but I didn't do it.

I was being motivated to bid mostly by the low price, and I was very surprised that the price didn't get a last bump.

Considering what these have been going for lately that was a very decent price (thumbs u

and might I add, that book has never been pressed (thumbs u

I agree. (thumbs u